Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

russia south korea ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Banjo wrote: »
    The original has been rereleased on 3ds eShop and is currently on sale for €9. Has to be better than this Russia v South Korea game

Physical copy's going for the same in Argos. Which is neat for a game that was uncertain to get a PAL release 3 year ago. Club Nintendo points check out too.

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=Inazuma+Eleven&authToken=%252d1002%252c8RvTgzRQUIkiaCQg1wd0wg264Io%253d#tab3

As too is DQMJ (dunno if it's one or two, given the thumbnail list 2, yet the descrip says it's 1). I've only gotten as far as the original Dragon Warrior/Quest Monsters relatively recent-ish, so I think I'm a decade-ish off speaking for its quality:

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1929056/Trail/searchtext%3EDRAGON+QUEST.htm#tab3

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

the eShop version has 3D map on the top screen :) It's technically a 3DS game rather than a DS though I don't think they did a lot to pretty it up. You can use the Home button without killing the game - bonus!

DQMJ was a great game, played a lot of it when my first daughter was born while waiting for bottles to cool and whatnot. Not sure it holds up that well these days though. If you like grinding, it's excellent.

Be warned, last time those games got flagged in Argos, they were in a 2 for €20-something deal, but less than a tenner each. Don't buy them both at the same time just in case :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,080 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

cloud493 wrote: »
    How long have you had that game and your only just starting it :p

This is my third copy(damn CeX keeps getting it in) have sold the other two while doing college have a two week break now before my prep for my repeats starts so I am cramming all my gaming into that time. Doing college with Aspergers and Anxiety with the bonus of being semihomeless sucked big time, I hope Karma is real as I am due a **** load.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

mk8 GOTY 2014

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's pretty much a game of pure awesomeness alright.
    Only dark cloud is the lack of multiplayer arena stages, if it had those it would have been well nigh perfect, and a shoo-in for future top ten lists of all time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Magical starsign - I don't like it. Its way too slow, the controls are way too much of a pain.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm currently trying to make some head way into Infinite Space, a pretty vast though under explained space warfare game on the DS.
    It's pretty hard to come by, online it runs at a fair few bob, though I found mine, for a fiver, in Gamestop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Captain Hman

Playing ocarina of time on my 3ds and Mario kart and deus ex on my Wii u atm

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Got a demo of Tomodachi Life for the 3DS and just finished that. Really fun game, totally bizarre but I like how they localised it for Ireland. Added Irish € layout (€0.00 vs 0.00€) and European date/spelling.

Little things like that show me they put a lot of effort into the game!

Currently downloading the Chibi Robo demo!

• Advertisement

Got a demo of Tomodachi Life for the 3DS and just finished that. Really fun game, totally bizarre but I like how they localised it for Ireland. Added Irish € layout (€0.00 vs 0.00€) and European date/spelling.

Little things like that show me they put a lot of effort into the game!

Currently downloading the Chibi Robo demo!

I am looking forward to Tomodachi Life, though I'm not sure it's worth full price tbh.
    I have Chibi Robo on the Gamecube and DS and haven't really played them, not sure this new one would get much more play, but I might just need to apply myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Playing Deus ex Human revolution at the moment, i started off on normal mode but when i got to the first boss i just had to switch to easy mode (i never do this) but i just cant aim for **** on consoles with fps games, analogue is just so slow and inaccurate for me, i need a keyboard and a mouse :(

The game was also very hard on normal mode, normal sentries one-two shotting you and recoil goes to **** after first shot, heh did anybody play this on normal mode on WiiU? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I played on 'give me Deus Ex'. The load times were killing me but it forces you to learn to use cover and distraction efficiently. Or, in my case, die trying. Ultimately gave up on the first hub - the city- because I kept not making jumps and dying after falling 1 storey. Sure I can survive that in real life and I don't have robolegs

Having said that, I avoided firefights and went almost exclusively for takedowns. Recoil wasn't an issue

Theatrhythm final fantasy. Hated the demo so I didn't know if I was gonna like this, but I do its great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16 nutsnboltz1

I think I'm playing far too many games atm I'll have to break them down into two sections Handheld and Home Console :)

HandHeld
    GBA- Super Mario World I just got to the Valley of Bowser :)

3ds - Fire Emblem Sacred Stones.
    Professor Layton and the Lost Future
    Pokemon Y
    LoZ The Minish Cap
    Yoshi's Island

Home Console

Wii U - Mario Kart 8
    NSMB U
    Final Fantasy IV
    LoZ -Twilight Princess

Gamecube - Super Mario Sunshine
    Metroid Prime
    LoZ -WindWaker

I think I might be playing too many games at once :P I just got my Wii U this week so before that I was mainly playing gamecube games on my wii, I usually play my 3ds for about 40 mins every night before heading to bed :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

3DS:
    Pokemon TCG
    Animal Crossing

Wii U:
    Mario Kart 8
    Pikmin 3
    Pullblox World

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

wii U: You all know what I am playing, you are tired and sick listening to me about lol! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

3DS:
    Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate
    Mutant Mudds

Wii U:
    Mario Kart 8
    Mario 3D World (Still have to finish those last levels!)
    About to start Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Finally decided on my MK8 bonus game!)

SNES:
    Super Mario World
    Donkey Kong Country
    Jurassic Park

Just bought the SNES back off the cousin that we'd sold it to back in 96, and got it region/Hz modded by Myrddin!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

WiiU: Mario Kart 8. Best fun in aaaaages.

And Street Fighter II, because i got it in my head to look this up earlier.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NLQso0LtM3g

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Fawk Nin

WiiU: MK8, Wind Waker HD, Super Metroid

3DS: Luigi's Mansion 2, Resident Evil Revelations, Zelda: ALBW (2nd playthrough - Hero Mode)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,080 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Wiped my Pokemon X save after exporting all my Pokemon to Pokebank, I have started again now and am just about to win my first gym badge, also started Dragon Quest IX as I am stuck on the Hell Spider in Radiant Historia and need a break from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Recently finished Splinter cell black list (way too short and eww to new Fisher voice) and black flag (enjoyed it alot more than i thought i would) and SMB3DW which was a delight, short but very sweet, still have to get through the bonus levels.

And i got stuck back into Xenoblade Chronicles now, i got my head around the combat now (i think) and am enjoying it alot more, im only 6.5 hours in, the story/drama really went into overdrive after the first dungeon and its griped me alot more now, ill enjoy this one i think, glad as i love rpgs like this and havent enjoyed one since FFX, so its a treat! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Loving monster hunter so far, just took down the first Great Jaggi. Enjoying it much more than expected!

I'm enjoying mario tennis much more than I expected to. Its got that 'one more go' factor working for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Loving monster hunter so far, just took down the first Great Jaggi. Enjoying it much more than expected!

Yesyes.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Well I finally picked up Monster Hunter U and Mario Kart 8 today, both are damn addictive so far, got my hands on The Last Story for a tenner as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Xenji wrote: »
    Well I finally picked up Monster Hunter U and Mario Kart 8 today, both are damn addictive so far, got my hands on The Last Story for a tenner as well.

Where did you get The Last Story for a tenner? If I may ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Corholio wrote: »

Gamestop, it was used with no original box or manual, I have never seen it for under €35 before, hopefully I will get as much enjoyment out of it as I did with Xenoblade.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

My 3ds has been making me finish games again! Most recent were OOT3D and Kirby triple deluxe. Before that, MK7, M3DL, Star Fox 3D, and Zelda ALBW.
    On the lookout for Fire Emblem and a Pokemon game now, to really sink some time into..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Corholio wrote: »

That was part of the great Tesco clear out earlier this year, I picked up a brand new & sealed copy for a tenner

Advertisement