Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

I'm attracted to a 17 year old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I'm attracted to a 17 year old.

Good News!!!!!!!!!!!!! She's 22!!!!!!!!!!!

Fap away, me boy, and don't let guilt hold ye back.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

newmug wrote: »
    You'll have to expand a bit, why to what part?

Both really. You don't really have to justify your opinions, but I'm just interested in hearing your reasoning.

Do you think there's a lack of nationalism/patriotism? Where have you seen this and why do you think it's an issue?

What benefit do you think having compulsory military service offers? Should this have the potential to include deployment to an active war zone?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

I couldn't DISagree more. I think we need way more pro-Irishness in society in general, especially in schools. AND youngsters should be made do a year in the army.

My unpopular opinion - I hate tattoos.

Think you will find the bolded bit would be pretty unpopular aswell ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,115 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Whatever about the over-saturation of the World Cup on social and mainstream media, it pales in significance to the over-hype of the rugby equivalent. Taking this year's tournament as an example, Greece, Costa Rica and Algeria have all qualified for the last sixteen against all odds, with Greece and Algeria doing so for the first time in their history (and Costa Rica toping a group containing perennial powerhouses Italy, Uruguay and England), while the previous two World champions, Spain and Italy, have been sent packing in the group stages (Spain of course having won the last three major international tournaments). You wouldn't see any of the top teams in rugby suffer such ignominy so early in a World Cup.

At the last rugby WC, Ireland beating Australia in the group stages was heralded (by the Irish media at least) as some sort of historic moment in WC history, even though Australia ultimately advanced further in the competition than Ireland. Yeah, you can point to Tonga beating France as a shock, but the French regrouped and got all the way to the final, so it didn't adversely affect their tournament.

So basically what I'm trying to say is, yeah modern day soccer is littered with playacting and polluted with money and corruption, but that shouldn't be used as a stick to beat the World Cup with. It has been the best tournament I can remember in my lifetime, and is made all the more prevalent due to the fact that you actually have to qualify for it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Whatever about the over-saturation of the World Cup on social and mainstream media, it pales in significance to the over-hype of the rugby equivalent. Taking this year's tournament as an example, Greece, Costa Rica and Algeria have all qualified for the last sixteen against all odds, with Greece and Algeria doing so for the first time in their history (and Costa Rica toping a group containing perennial powerhouses Italy, Uruguay and England), while the previous two World champions, Spain and Italy, have been sent packing in the group stages (Spain of course having won the last three major international tournaments). You wouldn't see any of the top teams in rugby suffer such ignominy so early in a World Cup.

At the last rugby WC, Ireland beating Australia in the group stages was heralded (by the Irish media at least) as some sort of historic moment in WC history, even though Australia ultimately advanced further in the competition than Ireland. Yeah, you can point to Tonga beating France as a shock, but the French regrouped and got all the way to the final, so it didn't adversely affect their tournament.

So basically what I'm trying to say is, yeah modern day soccer is littered with playacting and polluted with money and corruption, but that shouldn't be used as a stick to beat the World Cup with. It has been the best tournament I can remember in my lifetime, and is made all the more prevalent due to the fact that you actually have to qualify for it.

Add to that the fact that there are **** all quality international rugby sides due to utter disinterest by most of the world and the only reason i can see that we hear about the sport so much is that we are fairly big fish in a little pond when it comes to it.

I despise rugby anyway. I can appreciate a lot of sports but it's just unwatchable in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Monica is better looking than Rachel in Friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Seinfeld > Friends

Unpopular opinion in Ireland anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

e_e wrote: »
    Seinfeld > Friends

Is it unpopular? Friends was just Seinfeld for people who didn't get Seinfeld though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Links234 wrote: »
    Is it unpopular? Friends was just Seinfeld for people who didn't get Seinfeld though

Yeah the millions upon millions of people who watched Friends could never understand Seinfeld :rolleyes:

You've made me use the emoticon I hate most in the world. Thank you.

Unpopular opinion: people need to stop supporting one of the most evil companies in the world (FIFA) and not watch or go to any world cup or other football matches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

The black card has made a shyte of GAA.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭crybaby

People who go on and on about how much they hate rugby

I don't like GAA so I ignore it, how hard is that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭marie12

So many people have the same favourites
    film- shawshank
    Christmas song - that shane mcgowan one

so annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 14,252 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Balmed Out wrote: »
    Its kind of an ott punishment for a taboo rather then being very dangerous
    In that case, spitting in a black players face and calling him a n*gger is a simple red card and 1 match ban. After all, it's not very dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,252 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

e_e wrote: »
    Seinfeld > Friends

That's like saying Beethoven is better than One Direction. Do you even need to point it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Cienciano wrote: »
    That's like saying Beethoven is better than One Direction. Do you even need to point it out?

Friends may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I wouldn't put it on One Directions level as far as TV shows go. Maybe The Hills, Geordie Shore or something like that would have 1D's rank, but certainly not Friends.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

Unpopular opinion: people need to stop supporting one of the most evil companies in the world (FIFA) and not watch or go to any world cup or other football matches.

Most evil company in the world? Haha
    Obviously not taking into account - big tobacco, arms manufacture or the Catholic Church.
    FIFA is about as benign a global brand as you can get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Shakakan

The following should be legalised:

Smoking Cannabis
    Prostitution
    Abortion
    Same Sex Marraige

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

You've made me use the emoticon I hate most in the world. Thank you.

I feel such a sense of accomplishment :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭BeerSteakBirds

Shakakan wrote: »

Smoking Cannabis
    Prostitution
    Abortion
    Same Sex Marraige

Thats not too unpopular. Politicians historically make the mistake of thinking the views of corrupt quangos/NGOs (whos bosses earn 250k)/feminazi/religious lobbyists are the same as those of the people. Eventually politicians should be forced to admit that these quangos are set up primarily as a power, influence and money grab and that especially the religiously run ones are brought to you by the same folks who ran mother and child laundries and did their best to avoid responsibility for child rape and beatings etc. I personally don't give a rats ass about any of those issues above except for abortion.

• Advertisement

Most evil company in the world? Haha
    Obviously not taking into account - big tobacco, arms manufacture or the Catholic Church.
    FIFA is about as benign a global brand as you can get.

"One of..."

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭kuntboy

I despise rugby anyway. I can appreciate a lot of sports but it's just unwatchable in my opinion.

Please explain why you despise it. All sports are fascinating/boring when you look at them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Suarez's punishment was too severe.

I thought his punishment was going to be far more lenient. I think what was handed down in the end was just. If it had been a first time offence I'd agree that it was too severe, but the guy has done this three times and appears to be learning nothing from it. He has a discipline problem that probably won't solve itself unless he faces proper consequences.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

"One of..."

Top 100?
    Top 1000?
    Top 1000,000?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

I thought his punishment was going to be far more lenient. I think what was handed down in the end was just. If it had been a first time offence I'd agree that it was too severe, but the guy has done this three times and appears to be learning nothing from it. He has a discipline problem that probably won't solve itself unless he faces proper consequences.

My friend wrote this on Facebook and puts it in perspective.
    I bit a guy at work the other day ..really hard. When i bit him I pretended he shouldered my teeth really hard and that it was his fault. This happened at work so my boss has suspended me for 4 months on full pay. I was really surprised they didn’t fire me because you know biting people is bananas. Especially when you have done it twice before. Just saying...I’m clearly bananas and should be sacked. Just saying.

Top 100?
    Top 1000?
    Top 1000,000?

Yeah hang on till I just evaluate all the companies in the world for evilness and I'll get back to you.

Relax :L

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Shakakan wrote: »

Smoking Cannabis
    Prostitution
    Abortion
    Same Sex Marraige

Speaking of evil:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

Speaking of evil:rolleyes:
    Oh wow, what a mask slip! :D

You could at least have left out same-sex marriage like. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭THEZAPPA

I think the Irish sense of humour is based too much on sarcasm and people's honest opinions formed into "a laugh" and in fact most people are actually sly ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,392 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I think Game of Thrones is over rated, it's ok to pass an hour but it's not half as good as Vikings.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement