Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delay email batch!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭psni_lad

Still waiting here too on 60, hoping there is still some vague chance I might hear by september or there abouts

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭CDizzle

i'd be happy with end of August. I'm a 62 as well. Damn that one bad section i had!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

What do we reckon then - 60-63 will be split into another two batches or all processed together?

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

No idea. Last batch seemed to be 64/65 so maybe they'll do 62/63. You couldn't guess anything with this recruitment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭pcplod

.S. wrote: »
    No idea. Last batch seemed to be 64/65 so maybe they'll do 62/63. You couldn't guess anything with this recruitment!

your ever so right! No job ive ever went for has ever been this vague during the recruitment process

• Advertisement

I'm all for security, I understand why it's a need to know type basis but I wish it was a bit clearer/we had some idea what was happening..

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭LG1985

.S. wrote: »

I got 67 and was in the last set there to get vetting forms and PCA date so who knows what way its working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭pcplod

I was told It could be a case of geographical location too....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

LG1985 wrote: »
    I got 67 and was in the last set there to get vetting forms and PCA date so who knows what way its working.

I don't mean to come across rude or like I'm questioning you, but would your score not have been 66?

The only logic I can put to the processing so far is that it's been batches like 68, 67 and then some 66s. Next batch was then the rest of the 66s, 65 and 64. That's where we are now. Next batch could be the rest of any 64s waiting (although haven't seen any posting), 63 and 62. Then the last group being the remainder of the 62s, 61 and 60. That leaves potentially two more groups. But, as ever, this is complete guess work and presuming the rest of us will get our shot.

I'm already fit, so just give me my PCA date, PSNI. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

A part of me thinks it could be based on religion!

• Advertisement

Just out of the info session, 743 passed the AC but from that there's been close to 50% drop out (attrition rate was the words the hr guy used).

Was good to get a look at the pca as well, they had it playing on the computer. Very confident of passing that. Also the 3 people that were at the session, 2 officers and an hr guy, we're very informative and helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭oztop1234

From that you'd assume everyone still waiting has a good shout of getting in. 50% is huge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

oztop1234 wrote: »
    From that you'd assume everyone still waiting has a good shout of getting in. 50% is huge

OMG I hope you're right!!!!

Mop a top wrote: »
    OMG I hope you're right!!!!

Divide that figure in half 371.5. Still a load of places then :-)

Mop I'd be surprised if you're not in the next intake!

Had to call today. Have surgery needing scheduled. Wasn't sure if I should do it over the summer and get someone to mind the kids or wait until they're back at school and I could get someone in the afternoons to mind them. My vetting isn't back yet so I reckon I'll be waiting a while longer :'(

Ta for that cdizzle, no way it's time to give up on this recruitment yet!

Got an e-mail from the HR guy who was at the information session. It said my name will be passed for processing at the end of June and taking summer holidays into account i should hear from them at the end of July/start of August.

I'm not sure if this means i'll receive vetting forms then or if i'll be invited for PCA at that time, maybe someone who has been through the process could tell us the procedure. But anyway, us low 60's should see some movement in about 6 weeks.

Sweet thanks for the info!

I'm in the latest batch to revive things.

Got my vetting forms through end of May. I had two weeks to get them send back. Then roughly a week or so later I got my PCA date through.

Bit of a wait for PCA but it's going in rightly.

Good news if they still processing people :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭psni_lad

Sucks for the guys in the next campaign starting on £4000 less per year.

• Advertisement

If i dont pass my PCA i will be in the next campaign :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭19087

LG1985 wrote: »
    If i dont pass my PCA i will be in the next campaign :-/

Run like there is 4k waiting at the end ;)

19087 wrote: »

Haha!! Good idea ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Gilz_2001

CDizzle wrote: »
    Got an e-mail from the HR guy who was at the information session. It said my name will be passed for processing at the end of June and taking summer holidays into account i should hear from them at the end of July/start of August.

I'm not sure if this means i'll receive vetting forms then or if i'll be invited for PCA at that time, maybe someone who has been through the process could tell us the procedure. But anyway, us low 60's should see some movement in about 6 weeks.

I think we are on the same score CDizzle? 62? Did you email them to find out or was it an automated email? Just checked and I don't have any sign of emails :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭monty46

So are us folk hoping for letters around the same time as calls go out for the next squad?

19087 wrote: »

Lmfao!!!! Clinker :D

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Batman91

monty46 wrote: »
    So are us folk hoping for letters around the same time as calls go out for the next squad?

Hopefully, surely its our turn to move out of this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭monty46

Seems we've been here forever. Trying to stay positive though and applied for the new campaign

I've applied and got ist date for 2014 campaign but really hope we'll be getting letters sometime in July!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Sgt_fenners

Hi folks. My friend just told me about this and where have u guys been all my life?!?!

I know it may annoy some people about me posting now but genuinely get over yourselves lol

I was in the delay email batch 70 in AC. Vetting sent off march I think. PCA end of April. Medical start of June. So now I am waiting...and waiting...but everything seems to be going in a 5 week jaunt for me.

I hope this will keep me entertained whilst I wait, and hope that I some of you may be my roomie! :)

Advertisement