Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delay email batch!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Gok0404

Well hopefully end of the month will bring good news for us.plus no harm reapplying.I know an officer who reapplied but got in on first campaign so definitely still a good chance I'd say. All we can do is wait and not get bogged down with speculation as there's always a chance until told otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Cromlech

So today's the day, good luck to those reapplying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭oztop1234

Good luck if you are applying again!!

Especially those still in the current campaign who have yet still to hear anything!

Next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MD4PSNI

Good Morning guys, 2 months from we heard word from Deloitte. The wait is agonising! :-( lol

Aw well, polish personal statments and RE APPLY :-)

Let the second waiting game commence.

Good luck everyone!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭vickmackey

here we go again....
    good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Cromlech

Second application done, hope this one goes better.

snap!

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭LG1985

Second app done :)

Good Luck again everyone!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Gok0404

Snap x2 good luck to everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭canuck_copper

Now that the 2nd application is in and saving for flights back home for testing...curious to know if anybody used that service that offered coaching for IST and AC? And did it compare or help with it? Not that i can take advantage of it from here, just seen it come up on a search.

• Advertisement

I did the coachin for the AC .. It was good if ya have no policing knowledge etc or if ur lackin confidence .. Personally i didnt find it overly helpful and to be fair on the day of my AC i had forgot all i was told due to sheer nerves! Although i know other ppl who found it really helpful but suppose each person is different at the end of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

Wasn't too sure where to post this, but I seen the PFNI released some info regarding implementation of Winsor following their recent conference. Seems like a good outcome with 'no detrimental change' to salary negotiated with the PNB.

Also a part referencing the need for more boots on the ground - nothing new there of course.

http://www.policefed-ni.org.uk/AnnualConference2014/Chairmans-Speech-2014.aspx
    The package, which was agreed at PNB in London, followed local agreement with the official side. That is the Department of Justice, the Policing Board and the PSNI.

It doesn’t give us everything we asked for but it acknowledges the case we consistently made, that we are special and different when it comes to the job that we do!

The new Agreement will take effect from September 1st.

Many of you will know the detail but it’s worth revisiting the key points.

There will be no detrimental change to pensionable pay – that was a primary objective of this Federation.

The threat of a 2-year freeze, on incremental pay point progression for Constables, was removed.

CRTP will remain an integral part of our pensionable pay.

On-call allowance will increase, from £3.74 to £15, and for public holidays, increased to £23.

There will also be streamlining of pay points for the Constable rank, which will reduce from the current 10 years, to 7, over a three-year period.

I am pleased that Junior Constables, will now be able to access CRTP after 7 years, instead of the present 10-year arrangement.

Today, I want to take this opportunity of reassuring our rank and file that the worst excesses of the Windsor recommendations, which were unjustifiably imposed on our England and Wales colleagues, have been successfully resisted and finally put to bed.

Overall, we believe this deal is fair and reasonable.

At times, some of the meetings we had were tough and frustrating and, as is the case in any such negotiations, we too compromised by agreeing the abolition of SPPs.

That said, I firmly believe we got the best possible outcome against an economic mantra that calls for doing more, with less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

Also, good luck to all the others still within the notorious delay batch who are readying up for Campaign two!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

My vetting just arrived ! :D

No PCA date though

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

Back of the net!

PCA info follows soon after :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Sgt Hooks

No PCA date though

Great news for ya! Just wondering what your score was for the AC?

My vetting forms have arrived aswel!!

happy days folks! well done! 1 step closer.
    as Dekkers said, the PCA date for us arrived a day or 2 after.
    word of advice - take your time and read through the vetting forms....and dont expect to complete in 1 go!! (unless you have lots of time on your hand and no sibling / family / partners info to put down)
    have fun?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭sweet chuck

No PCA date though

It will follow in a day or so. Nice one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

vickmackey wrote: »
    happy days folks! well done! 1 step closer.
    as Dekkers said, the PCA date for us arrived a day or 2 after.
    word of advice - take your time and read through the vetting forms....and dont expect to complete in 1 go!! (unless you have lots of time on your hand and no sibling / family / partners info to put down)
    have fun?

Thanks, hopefully it's a half decent sign! Luckily enough im a single unit with mammy and daddy so shouldn't take too long! haha

• Advertisement

honestly, far easier to fill out then! happys days.

Same as myself!! Lol!! Although they still look scary!! Lol!!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭ctaylorf

Happy days! Glad to hear things are moving for us again finally. I scored 65 so hoping my vetting forms are at home waiting for me! Time to get my ass in gear for PCA

ctaylorf wrote: »
    Happy days! Glad to hear things are moving for us again finally. I scored 65 so hoping my vetting forms are at home waiting for me! Time to get my ass in gear for PCA

I scored 66 so u cud be lucky .. Fingers crossed for ya!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭oztop1234

Vetting forms recieved

oztop1234 wrote: »
    Vetting forms recieved

Fab news!! Well done!!

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

Pleased for the people the postman was good to today. Maybe/hopefully the next batch of letters will bring news for me

.S. wrote: »
    Pleased for the people the postman was good to today. Maybe/hopefully the next batch of letters will bring news for me

Fingers crossed for ya!! The waitin game is horrible tho as we all know!

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

Seem to be working through the numbers rightly so hopefully everyone will get word soon.

It's a curious relief when you get your vetting forms because you sorta think 'yes I'm back in the game!' Even though you were never out lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭canuck_copper

So is it all "66" scores that get forms or did "65" get forms too?

Advertisement