Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delay email batch!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Welcome fenners if you've passed everything stick a post on the stage 4.5 the wait post and Dutch will add you to the list of everyone on limbo!!! I'm a little ahead of you in time scales, only by a few weeks and thought the lovely call was coming 5 weeks after the medical, PSNI like to torture you a bit and unfortunately were still waiting. Although there's been a few get in quicker as they've had previous security clearances.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Sgt_fenners

Mop a top wrote: »
    Welcome fenners if you've passed everything stick a post on the stage 4.5 the wait post and Dutch will add you to the list of everyone on limbo!!! I'm a little ahead of you in time scales, only by a few weeks and thought the lovely call was coming 5 weeks after the medical, PSNI like to torture you a bit and unfortunately were still waiting. Although there's been a few get in quicker as they've had previous security clearances.

I was considering giving recruitment a ring to see where I stand. Do they tell you anything? Sorry as I am sure this has been asked before

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Dutch_Rudder

I was considering giving recruitment a ring to see where I stand. Do they tell you anything? Sorry as I am sure this has been asked before

Wouldn't bother to be honest mate, it's frowned upon and is like getting blood out of a stone if you do manage to get them to tell you anything. You're better just sitting tight, will be 3 weeks max before the next calls but I'm hopeful of next week myself!

I only called cos I had an operation to schedule, I was debating doing it during the summer and get the kids looked after or wait until September when they're back at school. She said the only thing she could tell me was that my vetting hadn't come back to their dept and it varied from person to person but if I get a call I'd have to defer it until after the op as I couldn't take time off. She also said if the vetting comes back as not passed or approved they tell you why and you can appeal it. Needless to say I scheduled it ASAP just in case, wishful thinking lol, and it's done already. Just better get that bloody call lol

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Cromlech

So folks are we hoping for more movement at the end of this week/start of next?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

Seriously hoping so! I'd settle for a letter anytime in July though..

.S. wrote: »
    Seriously hoping so! I'd settle for a letter anytime in July though..

Same here. It will be 5 weeks this Saturday, since the last batch went out, so hopefully we don't have long to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Sgt_fenners

Cromlech wrote: »
    So folks are we hoping for more movement at the end of this week/start of next?

I have thoughts of end of this week but so hard to know. That will be 4 weeks since last round of calls won't it?

I have thoughts of end of this week but so hard to know. That will be 4 weeks since last round of calls won't it?

I had a look at the last post about vetting forms and it was post on the 1st so hopefully we won't have another week to wait. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

Just quoting a post a few pages back regarding when the rest will hear:
    CDizzle wrote: »
    Got an e-mail from the HR guy who was at the information session. It said my name will be passed for processing at the end of June and taking summer holidays into account i should hear from them at the end of July/start of August.

I know from a source that this will be two batches - last batch will hear by the end of August at latest.

• Advertisement

Sthm wrote: »
    Just quoting a post a few pages back regarding when the rest will hear:

I know from a source that this will be two batches - last batch will hear by the end of August at latest.

I forgot about that post....but it doesn't mention whether or not they would be in the second to last of last batch, so some could hear at the start of July and others at the end/start of August.

From what I've heard, 150 are left to be processed and will be phased in two groups. One group will be put forward from late June (as per HR's e-mail to CDizzle) and the last put forward around late July.

I don't like divulging too much publicly, but that's from a similar source.

From what I've heard, 150 are left to be processed and will be phased in two groups. One group will be put forward from late June (as per HR's e-mail to CDizzle) and the last put forward around late July.

When you say 'put forward' do you mean sent for processing with the aim of vetting forms being sent out for the end of that month? i.e. processed at the start of July - vetting forms received end of July and the same for August?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭JMcClane

Do you mean 150 left to process through PCA, medical etc? That doesn't seem like many for recruitment to hit their target of 378.

Cromlech wrote: »
    When you say 'put forward' do you mean sent for processing with the aim of vetting forms being sent out for the end of that month? i.e. processed at the start of July - vetting forms received end of July and the same for August?

Apparently so, yeah. I guess it means candidates details being forwarded to AC&V and whatever department handles PCA (OHU?). The e-mail refers to there being a delay over Summer (also was told the same thing) and therefore late July or early August for the first batch and then late August for batch two to receive the correspondence.

JMcClane wrote: »
    Do you mean 150 left to process through PCA, medical etc? That doesn't seem like many for recruitment to hit their target of 378.

150 who scored between 60-64 waiting to receive vetting forms and PCA invite.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 DCT1796

I wouldn't assume that just because you passed on 60% or around it that you will be getting a call.

Yes you're in the pool but there's a whole load who did better right infront of you

I'd concentrate on the 2014 campaign if I were you.

Manage your expectations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭monty46

People are just trying to keep a positive attitude here. We're all still in the game til we get tild otherwise.

DCT1796 wrote: »
    I wouldn't assume that just because you passed on 60% or around it that you will be getting a call.

Yes you're in the pool but there's a whole load who did better right infront of you

Manage your expectations

Do you really think it's appropriate to disparage the efforts of others? Yes many may have scored higher at IST and AC, but there are still further stages to be completed and therefore plenty of opportunities for the rest of us to prove our worth.

Manage your expectations

You might want to watch the tone a bit there mate, I saw you say earlier on another post that you're new to this site and wished you'd found it sooner, well if you had you would realise most people are on here with the same goal and are a generally supportive bunch. There's no need for you to seemingly put people down for being optimistic (that's how your post appeared to me), especially bearing in mind the figures which show those in the 60s have an incredibly good chance of making it.

Also, if you read the breakdown in the scores those in the 60s are still deemed to be more than suitable for the role of an officer so there's no need for you to appear as if you're lording it over them.

Apologies if I took you wrong but your post appeared incredibly patronising to me.

Best of luck whatever stage you're at.

• Advertisement

It's alright for him/her. They're starting next batch. Told them on another thread to quit with the cocky attitude.

Mop a top wrote: »
    It's alright for him/her. They're starting next batch. Told them on another thread to quit with the cocky attitude.

Fantastic, just what the service needs, they're just about to start and already seem too big for their boots. Ever hear the stories of cocky pig ignorant officers giving others a bad name? What's the odds they could end up one of those boyos?

Anyway before I judge them too harshly I did say I may have taken them the wrong way, judging by others' reactions, I guess I didn't! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Batman91

Manage your expectations

Maybe you have come across the wrong way here but everyone is still in with a chance. I scored 63 at the AC but still feel like I have a really good chance. If they weren't going to give people who scored in the 60's a call then why would they not just raise the score required.

Manage your expectations

You'll find no one on this thread assuming employment. The only assumption being made is by you I'm afraid.

If you take the time to read this thread, which it's evident that you haven't, you'll find the tone is hopeful but ultimately realistic. Do take the time to catch up before imposing unnecessary 'advice'.

Dutch, read 4.5. It's in there :/ annoyed. Tbh I think a lot of people picked him/her up the way you did. I don't like it. It's hard enough to get into without people being condescending and let's be honest, total d**ks about it to others. Karma will hopefully work. Wouldn't want him/her failing and dropping out now

Fantastic, just what the service needs, he's just about to start and already seems too big for his boots. Ever hear the stories of cocky pig ignorant officers giving others a bad name? What's the odds he could end up one of those boyos?

Anyway before I judge him too harshly I did say I may have taken him the wrong way, judging by others' reactions, I guess I didn't! Lol

Who's said I'm a he?

Assuming makes and ass of u and me

Well I wasn't being rude I was say manage your expectations

Well I wasn't being rude I was say manage your expectations

I'd say manage your expectations, just because you're in does not mean you are IN. Getting through training and two years probation with your current attitude is not going to help you integrate into a team environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

Oh dear.

Don't worry people! I firmly believe that everyone who passes the later stages will get 'the call'. That's just my opinion that I've expressed before many times. I'm not a blind optimist either.

Congratulations on keeping the faith. It can't be easy to have to wait this long, watching others progress and enduring people 'who did better than you'

It will be your turn soon!

• Advertisement

Somehow I don't think this balloon will hang about.

I can imagine they'll struggle with the courtesy definition at GV.

Advertisement