Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** LC accounting 2014 - predictions , discussion, etc **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

Published
    What is the layout of absorption thingy for q8?
    Like prepare a statemen under marginal & absorption headings?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Waiting outside the exam centre. The suspense is killing me.
    The suspense account?

>_>

Btw, I just moved accounting predictions / chat from the physics thread.

Can yiz stop invading / colonising? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 19 GalwayCovers1

Cashflow
    Any mention about what came up this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

What did ye all think? Not too nice imo :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Published
    Aspiring wrote: »

Cash flow, control account, half of marginal, 3/4 of service and 3/4 of suspense were fair enough. Few adjustments I've never seen before on suspense and I couldn't manage to get the new vehicle stuff in service. Didn't balance anything in the exam but that's usually the problem for me! Some of marginal was also difficult and couldn't remember absorption but oh well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Saskatchewan

Tabular

wasn't too bad, got the service, suspense and cash flow to work out and balance, nearly cried with happiness! Not sure if they're right though. Control account was grand, and production budget was a bit tricky, mainly because I mixed up all my figures and had to do it twice.

Theory was awful though. Just guessed it all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Fair play for balancing them. I was about 1000 off for each didn't have time to go back and check. Marginal was fairly different to normal but still manageable.

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lara_15

Published

sole trader was disgusting, suspense and service were ok got them to balance but I spotted a mistake in my production budget (direct labour) an didnt have time to fix it
    It had a knock on effect on alot of other things too :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Isitthough?

Cashflow
    Nothing balanced :( But It was a fair exam And Im pretty sure ive done all the major notes and stuff just missing a few things maybe prob not the A but hopefully a high B :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

Published
    Awfully predictable paper, I couldn't believe it when I saw it if I'm honest. Was almost a carbon copy of the mock papers too.

Balanced Q1 (pretty sure I was correct) in 47 minutes, moved on to service and balance that too. It didn't even have any of the tough adjustments. Theory was nice too.

The last two adjustments in suspense were difficult as you'd expect seeing as there wasn't a person in the country who hadn't predicted it. I balanced it but I'd say I made a mistake with the last adjustment.

As I predicted this morning, the Q8 was identical to the 2006 Q8. I had done it within two hours of doing the exam and I had no difficulties as a result. Business knowledge helped for drawing the graph too!

I thought it was a very, very nice paper. The last two adjustments of suspense were tricky but that's about it.

I had done two of each of the questions that I did today within the last 24 hours. I'm just shocked it appeared exactly as most people would have predicted.

I'm getting a recheck if I don't get an A1!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 pixiedustx

Tabular
    Was hoping for an A1 but panicked under the pressure and ran out of time. Nothing balanced but I'd say I'm looking at a B :(

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭jellytots95

Tabular
    Does anyone know what they got for the end of the published account?

Published
    Anyone have balancing figures for any of the accounts?

Published
    Lara_15 wrote: »
    Anyone have balancing figures for any of the accounts?

918,340 for service.

I think I had 894,255 for suspense although I'm pretty sure that's wrong.

Published
    robman60 wrote: »
    918,340 for service.

**** :O I got 922340 for service and 898203 for suspense

Published
    Lara_15 wrote: »
    **** :O I got 922340 for service and 898203 for suspense
    My suspense balance is almost certainly wrong. I didn't know what I was doing with the final adjustment so you could be correct!

I'm confident about service though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 galpal123

Tabular
    robman60 wrote: »
    918,340 for service.

I think I had the same for service, can't remember exactly but it looks familiar!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Irish1995

Yeah I got 918340 for service

Anyone agree with 897105 for suspense and 925720 for sole trader?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Fudge dice

Tabular
    Don't worry if it doesn't balance! The balancing figures aren't wort any marks so it could just be a small mistake that could only be 2 marks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Sinead_Hanley

I was refused plain paper answer book so I had to use the ledger answer book - wasn't expecting that - should I have been allowed to use a plain paper answer book

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Published
    I was refused plain paper answer book so I had to use the ledger answer book - wasn't expecting that - should I have been allowed to use a plain paper answer book

should've been allowed it...i asked for it as well!

none of my accounts balanced, service was a good few hundred thousand off like my mock, which i still got 75/100 for! high hopes, hoping for a B3 at least

• Registered Users Posts: 20 scallway

I balanced at: 925720 for Q1, 918340 for service, and 897105 for suspense

Not confident about suspense but I'm fairly sure the other two are right

• Registered Users Posts: 8 badger96

Tabular

We were allowed use plain paper! Much easier in my opinion!

Published
    Irish1995 wrote: »

I couldn't remember my balancing figure for Q1 but now that I see it I'm pretty sure I got that for question 1. I think that should be full marks for Q1 and Q6 and then I'll lose a bit on suspense.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 scallway

Irish1995 wrote: »

Yes I got these figures too!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

I put in the wrong number at the start of one of the questions and therefore all my other answers were off in that question. Have I got 0 marks in that question now?

scallway wrote: »
    I balanced at: 925720 for Q1, 918340 for service, and 897105 for suspense

Not confident about suspense but I'm fairly sure the other two are right

Got the exact same, let's hope!

I put in the wrong number at the start of one of the questions and therefore all my other answers were off in that question. Have I got 0 marks in that question now?

No, normally they treat that as an error and where possible award marks on each individual piece and sometimes even where you use the wrong figure in the right place. Don't be worried, I once was wrong from the beginning and finished out by over 400,000 and still got 65 :P

Tabular

Definitely not all the marks are for the adjustments and very little for balances!!

• Advertisement

Tabular
    I got 897605 for suspense? Anybody else get this?

Advertisement