Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** LC accounting 2014 - predictions , discussion, etc **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

Published
    Did people here do Q8 or Q9?

I always do Q8 and thought it was lovely although it was longer than usual. The exact same type came up in our mocks and I'd practised the marginal and absorption statements this morning so was very happy with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

OL was a lot harder than previous years in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭jellytots95

Tabular
    Did nobody at all do published?:(

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭sinead18

Tabular
    Delighted with that paper! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12 7jy

Tabular
    Could anyone else just not be bothered with service and did interpretation instead? No..? Ok then.

Perfect paper anyway, only difficulties were solvency on interpretation theory and mixing up the errors on suspense theory by putting down commission/principle/omission, but hey for only 6m not going to complain too much ;)

• Advertisement

Tabular
    Does anyone remember what they got at the end of their published account? Nobody's answering me :(:(

Published
    Does anyone remember what they got at the end of their published account? Nobody's answering me :(:(

I think most people avoided it so you mightn't have much luck trying to find an answer!

In 22 hours I will be free on my way down for a cold pint, with the LC over. Life is/will be good :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DANIELMY9

Did nobody at all do published?:(

I did! what answer did you get?

Tabular
    DANIELMY9 wrote: »
    I did! what answer did you get?

I got 120000 i think but ive redone it since and got 123500 :P neither of them might be right :P what did you get?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DANIELMY9

I got 120000 i think but ive redone it since and got 123500 :P neither of them might be right :P what did you get?:)

Yeah i got 123,500 in the exam..not sure either

• Advertisement

Tabular
    DANIELMY9 wrote: »
    Yeah i got 123,500 in the exam..not sure either

I think thats right :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 muirmul

Did anyone do control or total production cost budgeting?

Tabular
    muirmul wrote: »
    Did anyone do control or total production cost budgeting?

Yeah i did both :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 muirmul

Yeah i did both :)

I got €1673940 for production and €61442 for control but I'm pretty sure that's wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭flump_master

Cashflow
    For marginal costing how did people deal with the variable cost per unit and contribution per unit? I got 18.125 for vcu and 11.875 for contribution per unit and wasn't sure which way to round. I left them both to three decimals for the rest of the question but I reckon that could throw my results out

Tabular
    muirmul wrote: »
    I got €1673940 for production and €61442 for control but I'm pretty sure that's wrong?

Total production cost budget is right anyway :) i was talking to my teacher after and he said the answer for the control was 61892 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 chelliam1

Published
    For marginal costing how did people deal with the variable cost per unit and contribution per unit? I got 18.125 for vcu and 11.875 for contribution per unit and wasn't sure which way to round. I left them both to three decimals for the rest of the question but I reckon that could throw my results out

yeah i was confused as well, just left it at three decimal places to be most accurate

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Sam2334

I got 897105 for suspense, hope that's right :)

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Saskatchewan

Tabular
    Just looking through the sole trader, some of the adjustments were pretty tricky.

Liquidity and Solvency theory would be more business or economics than accounting.

And asking what a cash budget was at the end of a production budget was weird!

Published

You're correct, CPU was 11.875 and I kept my figures to three decimal places too. The break-even was 88xx (can't recall) but you have to round up to the next unit. Your results are correct. ;)
    Liquidity and Solvency theory would be more business or economics than accounting.
    I just glanced at interpretation, but that looked difficult. Solvency doesn't feature at all and I initially thought they were the same thing, not that it mattered to me though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭neonmaria

really happy with that paper :) even managed to get it all done even though I usually spend way too long on question 1 but I didn't balance the soul trader was about 3000 off hope I don't lose too many marks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Strange the layout of marginal was different to usual. I think it actually made it easier because when there's no sales commission the calculations you have to do become much easier imo. I know the sales commission came into it for one (or two, can't remember) parts but other than that it was different to usual.

Didn't think they'd go all out with marginal and absorption. Was expecting to have to find the selling price of something at the end :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Published
    Aspiring wrote: »
    Strange the layout of marginal was different to usual. I think it actually made it easier because when there's no sales commission the calculations you have to do become much easier imo. I know the sales commission came into it for one (or two, can't remember) parts but other than that it was different to usual.

Didn't think they'd go all out with marginal and absorption. Was expecting to have to find the selling price of something at the end :rolleyes:

All those decimals and rounding up though! I got the whole marginal costing side of the question but completely forgot absorption :P could vaguely picture it in my head

• Registered Users Posts: 49 forevergold22

If you answered in the ledger book but didn't use the lines at all like just competely wrote over them would you be deducted marks for layout? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

All those decimals and rounding up though! I got the whole marginal costing side of the question but completely forgot absorption :P could vaguely picture it in my head

I got absorption wrong in the mock which cost me an A so I wasn't messing it up this time :P Exact same as DEB mock actually (Apart from a few bits in the first marginal costing such as the graph).

Published
    neonmaria wrote: »
    really happy with that paper :) even managed to get it all done even though I usually spend way too long on question 1 but I didn't balance the soul trader was about 3000 off hope I don't lose too many marks

What a cruel business :eek:

sorry :o
    If you answered in the ledger book but didn't use the lines at all like just competely wrote over them would you be deducted marks for layout? :/
    There are no marks for layout in the whole paper so you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭neonmaria

robman60 wrote: »
    What a cruel business :eek:

sorry
    :o"

Ah its ok its not the end of the world, all im really hoping for is a b in accounting anyways :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Sinead_Hanley

Really annoyed that I wasn't allowed plain paper - just completely threw me - never seen it before as I just picked up accounting - hadn't even done it for Junior Cert - paper was lovely but I flopped it as I thought everything I was doing was wrong - so unfair but can't imagine anything can be don now

• Registered Users Posts: 3 JackKele

893855 for suspense anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

neonmaria wrote: »
    Ah its ok its not the end of the world, all im really hoping for is a b in accounting anyways :)
    I think he was referring to the "soul trader"! ;):D

Advertisement