Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** LC accounting 2014 - predictions , discussion, etc **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Isitthough?

Cashflow
    Is everyone doing ratios just incase kinda thing? I have all the Q6 and 7's done except published and Incomplete A(last years Q's) Not sure if I have time....

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Saskatchewan

Tabular
    Is everyone doing ratios just incase kinda thing? I have all the Q6 and 7's done except published and Incomplete A(last years Q's) Not sure if I have time....

have a quick look through the ratios. Worst case you'll get the 50m for them and maybe bluff another 15-20m on b. Its better than being stuck if they do put published up. Unlikely but there's still a chance...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

Published
    Hi guys, could someone explain this Suspense piece to me please?

2008 Q7 (ii) O' Shea sold privately owned jewellery to a debtor of the business on credit for €2,800. This sale had been treated in error as a cash sale of stock. O' Shea intended that the proceeds of this sale were to be retained by the business.

He is a boutique owner, so would jewellery be considered as purchases like a car would be for a garage owner? I've seen the solution but I still don't understand it so I'd appreciate assistance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 123corby

Would it be safe enough to leave out manufacturing, it couldn't possibly come up again!?

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

Cashflow
    123corby wrote: »
    Would it be safe enough to leave out manufacturing, it couldn't possibly come up again!?

I think I'll leave it out, do the two 60 markers instead.

• Advertisement

Cashflow
    robman60 wrote: »

2008 Q7 (ii) O' Shea sold privately owned jewellery to a debtor of the business on credit for €2,800. This sale had been treated in error as a cash sale of stock. O' Shea intended that the proceeds of this sale were to be retained by the business.

He is a boutique owner, so would jewellery be considered as purchases like a car would be for a garage owner? I've seen the solution but I still don't understand it so I'd appreciate assistance.
    Hmm..take it out of cash cause it was sold on credit not cash so 2800 cr side of cash to decrease it...privately owned jewellary into the business is capital being brought into the business so add 2800 to capital which is a cr balance...was sold on credit therefore they havnt paid us yet so 2800 increase for debtors which is a dr balance so put in dr to increase debtors...Now I see what your saying but we arnt actually purchasing anything as a business. I had a watch at home and someone saw it on me one day and wanted to buy it He offered 2800 for it and Im like sure. Im not buying anything my customer is so its treated as a sale for this question not a purchase cause were selling it so we increase sales by 2800 and sales is Dr balance so increase it by putting 2800 on Dr side.

Im sorry if that doesnt explain it well Im not good at explaining things thats why I'd never be a teacher :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14 gclaire

Cashflow
    any predictions for section 3 anyone?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Kyro

Tabular
    gclaire wrote: »
    any predictions for section 3 anyone?? :)

Banking on a production budget.

Cashflow
    Kyro wrote: »

yeah but im ok with cash too worst case would be a mix we havnt seen before or a cash B that hasn't come up in a full ques since 2002:pac:

Cashflow
    Kyro wrote: »

do you think they cud through anything else in there? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭flump_master

Cashflow
    robman60 wrote: »

As far as I can tell the trick is you didn't sell it. It's as if O'Shea was out one night, a friend offered to buy his watch for €2800 and O'Shea said "Sure, but pay the money to my company". So it wasn't a sale- debit sales by €2800. It wasn't the receipt of cash- credit cash by €2800. Credit capital and debit sales to account for the money being put into the business, and that you have yet to get it :)

Cashflow
    yeah but im ok with cash too worst case would be a mix we havnt seen before or a cash B that hasn't come up in a full ques since 2002:pac:

Yeah or im thinkin they might throw in where u have to work out the closing stock unit cost? :)

Cashflow
    do you think they cud through anything else in there? :)

Cash Budgeting.

Cashflow
    Yeah or im thinkin they might throw in where u have to work out the closing stock unit cost? :)

Yeah That came up In DEB paper didnt know what to do with it I do know though.:P

Published
    Hmm..take it out of cash cause it was sold on credit not cash so 2800 cr side of cash to decrease it...privately owned jewellary into the business is capital being brought into the business so add 2800 to capital which is a cr balance...was sold on credit therefore they havnt paid us yet so 2800 increase for debtors which is a dr balance so put in dr to increase debtors...Now I see what your saying but we arnt actually purchasing anything as a business. I had a watch at home and someone saw it on me one day and wanted to buy it He offered 2800 for it and Im like sure. Im not buying anything my customer is so its treated as a sale for this question not a purchase cause were selling it so we increase sales by 2800 and sales is Dr balance so increase it by putting 2800 on Dr side.

Im sorry if that doesnt explain it well Im not good at explaining things thats why I'd never be a teacher :pac:
    As far as I can tell the trick is you didn't sell it. It's as if O'Shea was out one night, a friend offered to buy his watch for €2800 and O'Shea said "Sure, but pay the money to my company". So it wasn't a sale- debit sales by €2800. It wasn't the receipt of cash- credit cash by €2800. Credit capital and debit sales to account for the money being put into the business, and that you have yet to get it :)

Thanks a lot guys, I understand it now. I just couldn't understand why it was being put into the sales account. I just had to think of it as you guys said. Some random person asking to buy the watch and saying to give the money to the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭sinead18

Tabular
    Please god let revaluation/depreciation/control/suspense/published/club/service/farm pleaseeee :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Can somebody please tell me how to find out debenture interest due in final accounts of a company :(

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lara_15

Published
    Can somebody please tell me how to find out debenture interest due in final accounts of a company :(

Its just the P+L figure minus anything you paid during the year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SheilaM

Tabular
    My predictions: Cashflow, suspense, control, service, ratio, Cvp, total prod cost budget

Published
    Revision done, just have to do sole trader tomorrow morning and I should be set.

I think it'll be cash flow instead of service or suspense, just an inkling. I think question 8 will be like the 2006 one. Anyone who's unsure and does Q8 I'd advise you to revise the method for preparing a profit and loss statement under marginal and absorption principles, I think it'll appear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 SoundInfluence

Club
    Control, revaluation, cash flow/farm- ratio,suspense, service-marginal/flexi mix and a production budget.

Might have a club instead of service and incomplete A in 60m, aswell as cash flow as a 100m if one service or suspense doesn't appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Published
    Praying for controls, cash flow, reval/club, service, suspense and marginal on its own or production budget!

Currently learning off everything that goes into a cash flow statement....don't think I'll learn the 100m version.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 sallycoolgal

Published
    if a 100m farm account was to come up, is there anything specific id need to know for the balance sheet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Can someone explain how to work out Capital employed.. Getting desperate Now haha

• Registered Users Posts: 19 GalwayCovers1

Cashflow
    What's everyone hoping for or predicting this year?

Q1. Sole Trader (Even though our teacher reckons it's going to be a higher level departmental this year)

Section 2. Has to be a tabular in there somewhere & a Club/service firm would be nice

Section 3. A Nice cash budgeting or Job costing would do the trick

What does everyone else think?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mrtommcandrew

Does anyone know if it would be possible to go fro HL to OL on the day? (Like is ol the same thing in a simpler form, or would you have had to practice OL questions before doing the exam?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 GalwayCovers1

Cashflow
    I know there's usually no problem dropping to ordinary on the day. But a lot of the time you will come out a lot better if you stick with the higher, unless you really think you are in danger of failing.

For accounting the paper is fairly similar with a lot less adjustments etc. But there can be different questions on the paper such as departmental that could come up.

Published
    Can someone explain how to work out Capital employed.. Getting desperate Now haha

Long term loans + issued capital + reserves + revaluation reserve (if it's there, may not be in ordinary level) = capital employed

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mrtommcandrew

I know there's usually no problem dropping to ordinary on the day. But a lot of the time you will come out a lot better if you stick with the higher, unless you really think you are in danger of failing.

For accounting the paper is fairly similar with a lot less adjustments etc. But there can be different questions on the paper such as departmental that could come up.

Thanks fella

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Microphone Head

Waiting outside the exam centre. The suspense is killing me.

Advertisement