Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derek Mooney Show *MOD WARNING IN 1st POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Viewer discretion warning for Derek's tits.

His moobs must be in worse shape than we think.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

Did his tits die......?

Did his tits die......?

They were kamikaze blue tits. They couldn't cope with the celebrity spotlight.

Scratch that, they did.
    And he's going to open a book of condolences for them.
    Seriously.

Scratch that, they did.
    And he's going to open a book of condolences for them.
    Seriously.

The listeners have already started queuing to sign the book....

queue2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72,223 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Is that June Rodgers?!

I could see how this fella could be in a boy band. He sounds about in tune as Ronan Keating used to be.

The Mooney Backpaddle no. 8,342

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Interesting to see that Mooney Choons didnt sell out this time.. I think Mooney is going to the well too many times.. I wonder how much does he get out of the ticket sales, or does he just get paid to present the thing..

• Registered Users Posts: 39,650 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I could see how this fella could be in a boy band. He sounds about in tune as Ronan Keating used to be.

Hang on ronan keating was in tune ?

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Hang on ronan keating was in tune ?

Nope, and neither was yer man on Mooney today ;)

Brek talking about her bra sizes and getting into underwear...my eyes!!

Brek talking about her bra sizes and getting into underwear...my eyes!!
    Which we'll be lucky enough to see on Brendan O'Connor on Saturday night!
    I wonder will she live up to the image I have of her?
    I'm thinking Megan Fox......:o

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Which we'll be lucky enough to see on Brendan O'Connor on Saturday night!
    I wonder will she live up to the image I have of her?

Megan Fox me ass. More like Basil Brush :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I'm thinking Nell McCafferty without the grey.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

ive never listened to mooney, my little ears have had enough of rte taking the mickey by 3 oclock. i know the guy is obsessed with tits and eurovsion but hearing the promo today the show really seems to be scrapping the bottom of the desperation barrell. A woman who hasnt taken her xmas tree down in 20 years. WTF is that all about? The shows not humourous or informative. Our license money is going to pay for some pansy ass rubbish to help fill slots between news broadcasts at 145 and 430. Surely with all the "Professional" producers & Staff in RTE they could come up with a decent show that informs people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Mark Oxford

neris wrote: »
    ive never listened to mooney, my little ears have had enough of rte taking the mickey by 3 oclock. i know the guy is obsessed with tits and eurovsion but hearing the promo today the show really seems to be scrapping the bottom of the desperation barrell. A woman who hasnt taken her xmas tree down in 20 years. WTF is that all about? The shows not humourous or informative. Our license money is going to pay for some pansy ass rubbish to help fill slots between news broadcasts at 145 and 430. Surely with all the "Professional" producers & Staff in RTE they could come up with a decent show that informs people.

A lot worse around than The Mooney Show , believe me on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

A lot worse around than The Mooney Show , believe me on that one.

Like who?

0905-1000 for starters

1200-1300 for seconders

Sat 1000-1100 for thirders

1900-2000 debatable

Will I go on?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

0905-1000 for starters

1200-1300 for seconders

Sat 1000-1100 for thirders

1900-2000 debatable

Will I go on?

Not a huge fan of Murray but he knows its light, he keeps it light, he doesn't talk down to his audience and neither do any of the stand-ins. Mooney on the other hand is all over the place, condescending - he has to have a go at the listener who complains about his tits and ignorant to anyone with a different view on all topics even the smallest of topics. His partners Brenda and the other girl (katherine?) have the worst most irritating voices for radio. And Mooney's Money :(

I used to hate Ronan Collins but actually he has grown on me and I kind of understand the show now, it possibly not my taste in music.

I haven't listen to The Business since Murray left, he was better at that show tbh.

Arena is a fine arts show, and John Creedon hasn't got bad taste in music but sometimes not my cup of tea.

RTÉ Radio 1 is a mixed genre radio station. It isn't a news station or a music station. I don't necessarily see the problem with this type of schedule.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

The concentration camp survivor segment makes for hard listening. If there's a hell, I hope Mengele burns in it for eternity.

Brenda O'Donohoe for the World Cup panel anyone.....?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Years from now, investigators will find the remains of hundreds of dead Birds dumped in a septic tank in Derek Mooneys back garden.

Elmo wrote: »
    Not a huge fan of Murray but he knows its light, he keeps it light, he doesn't talk down to his audience and neither do any of the stand-ins. Mooney on the other hand is all over the place, condescending - he has to have a go at the listener who complains about his tits and ignorant to anyone with a different view on all topics even the smallest of topics. His partners Brenda and the other girl (katherine?) have the worst most irritating voices for radio. ....

Certainly agree with the last paragraph.

As regards the 0905-1000 space

There's a word which rhymes with 'light' and that's how I would describe it.

But I fully understand it's only one persons opinion.

That Noel Cunningham and his silly feckin royalty stories. The last time he was on, he spoke about Diana as if they were best friends. He was probably best friends with Grace Kelly as well :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

That Noel Cunningham and his silly feckin royalty stories. The last time he was on, he spoke about Diana as if they were best friends. He was probably best friends with Grace Kelly as well :rolleyes:
    I see you are almost at your 10,000th post Harry..make it a good one!

miketv wrote: »
    I see you are almost at your 10,000th post Harry..make it a good one!

All done and dusted. On to 10,001 now ;)

All done and dusted. On to 10,001 now ;)

Given that Shay Byrne was presenting the show today, I can only presume Derek is jumping out of a cake with 10,000 candles at Harry's house right now..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Shay not doing a bad job on his Brazilian pronunciations..after giving june rodgers a free 30 minute promo

• Advertisement

snubbleste wrote: »
    Shay not doing a bad job on his Brazilian pronunciations..after giving june rodgers a free 30 minute promo

Heard a lot of the show on the drive back up from Limerick today... Two points on the show:

1. That reporter from Brazil was excellent.. very knowledgeable .. A few people texted in to say how informative he was and I agree 100%.
    2. I like June Rodgers.. But my god how does she get so much airtime on Mooney's show. Could they not spread around the airtime a bit, give a few up and coming comedians a chance..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement