Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

• 27-05-2014 2:45pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

So what are you currently playing on your Nintendo consoles at the moment?

I've not a lot to add myself. My 3DS is taking a break while I play a few game on my long neglected Vita and PSP. I know, I'm a traitor.

On WiiU I've been playing a bit of NSMB U on and off. I'm making my way slowly through it since I'm only moving on when I collect all 3 coins in each level. So far it's one of the best Mario platformers, I love it. Looking forward to Mario Kart although I might not get a lot of time to play it since I'll be moving into a new place.

On the Wii I've been playing a good bit of Lost in Shadow. It's a game that would have made a good 4 hour indie game but I think the main game is stretched too thin across too long a playing time.

Also playing Last Story on the Wii which I'm finding a fascinating experience. It's so different from any other RPG. I'm really enjoying it.

On the old school front I've been playing a bit of Yoshi's Island on the SNES. Trying to 100% it which is a lot harder than tackling the levels normally!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,713 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm playing Professor Layton and the Unwound Future on and off on the DS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Just unlocked the final world in Mario 3D World last night. Going to complete those last two levels and call it complete. Finishing it with every character is just asking too much!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

My Wii hasn't been plugged in again yet since I moved house, have to figure out where to set it up!

Wii U I've been playing Assassin's Creed 4, slowly making my way through it, always seem to end up tackling a fort that's supposedly way above my ranking, and either rage quitting after sinking once too many, or taking it down and exploring for sharks/whales/other assorted booty. (No, not that kind!)

The 3DS I've been mainly playing Mighty Switch Force on, and trying to figure out how it's even possible to get some of the target times!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,547 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Hardly get to play at all these days, but I'll make some time this weekend!

Playing through Mario 3D world, it's enjoyable, but in honesty I don't love it as much as 64, Sunshine or Galaxy. But I think that's because I'm a bit Mario-ed out, sad as that is for me to admit. (The real sadness is this happened about halfway through Galaxy 2).

Still playing through Zelda on 3ds. That's good stuff.

The game in my Wii is Madden 08, which i got for €2 in CEX a couple of weeks ago. Good fun, but i didn't buy it with the intention of ploughing hours into it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    So what are you currently playing on your Nintendo consoles at the moment?
    On WiiU I've been playing a bit of NSMB U on and off. I'm making my way slowly through it since I'm only moving on when I collect all 3 coins in each level. So far it's one of the best Mario platformers, I love it. Looking forward to Mario Kart although I might not get a lot of time to play it since I'll be moving into a new place.

Have you tried Luigi U at all? I was surprised how they manage to tinker with the NSMB formula to make a very streamlined, intense and occasionally tough platformer; the 100 second time-limit was a very nice touch.

I've got Animal Crossing: City Folk/LgttC hogging up Wii hours. A game I can never figure quite why I can sit there and collect fish for 3 hours, but hey, it's getting done. I've also got Super Mario Bros 2, which has never been known for being well-emulated, Super Metroid's running on the Wii-U VC and I'm also clearing off a 100% file on Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

I'm about halfway through Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag on Wii U

Not a bad game, but will probably abandon it when Mario Kart 8 arrives on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,292 ✭✭✭ionapaul

My wife and I are playing through this in co-op mode, were stuck for AGES on the first tower in the Meringue Clouds world but finally got through it last night. It almost cost me my marriage! :) When done we'll return to playing Rayman Origins co-op on the PC and then on to Rayman Legends co-op on the Wii U.

From a solo standpoint, I started Zelda: The Wind Waker HD last week and am about five or six hours into it, never played a Zelda before and am really enjoying it. I could see how people wouldn't be too impressed with the graphics but I happily played through Psychonauts for the very first time on PC less than a year ago and didn't let the graphics bother me, and Zelda looks amazing in HD in comparison! Planning to play Wonderful 101 once I'm finished with Zelda.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just unlocked the final world in Mario 3D World last night. Going to complete those last two levels and call it complete. Finishing it with every character is just asking too much!

You sure it's the final world because there's an insane amount of post game content in that game that is well worth playing. If it's the real final world then I wish you luck because it almost drove me insane with how tough two of the levels are.
    Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Have you tried Luigi U at all? I was surprised how they manage to tinker with the NSMB formula to make a very streamlined, intense and occasionally tough platformer; the 100 second time-limit was a very nice touch.

Not tried it yet, planning on tackling it once the main game is finished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Oracle of Seasons on my GBA SP :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Finally playing through Final Fantasy IX as well as Pullblox on the 3DS.

Dipping into NSMB Wii U every so often too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I am super slowly working my way through Professor Layton and the azran legacies. Left mario bros dream team unfinished to play this.

Have phoenix Wright dual destinies and a link between world's lined up after. I can't wait for summer break, so I can hide inside and catch up on games :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Batman Arkham City,Mass Effect and Assassins Creed 3 here.Switching between the 3 of them at the minute once I get stuck somewhere :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭smokingman

Mostly playing Advance Wars on WiiU VC. Such an amazing game and just as good as I remember it.

Apart from that, I'm dipping into Assassins Creed 4, Ninja Gaiden 3 and ZombiiU.

I have Mario 3d land on WiiU but my four year old is now so far ahead of me, I think I'll leave that 'til he gets bored of it.

Had a 3ds but, like my ds beforehand, it was lost in a hotel room somewhere in Europe a few months back. I do miss it but I have little time to spend on gaming these days so it's all WiiU for me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

You sure it's the final world because there's an insane amount of post game content in that game that is well worth playing. If it's the real final world then I wish you luck because it almost drove me insane with how tough two of the levels are.

Preeeety sure, its called final world, symbol is a crown. The last two levels I need to complete are Champions road and the Mystery House Marathon. And yes, its freakin hard :P I'm closing in on completing the MHM, which is my focus at the moment. But if it dosent happen by Friday, then its going to be abandoned for probably weeks once I get Mario Kart.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

On WiiU, Lego City undercover.

On 3DS, still plugging away at Bravely Default.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

On Wii U I've shelved Deus Ex for a while (I can't let go of the hard difficulty mode, but the combination of frequent deaths and long load times really disrupts play) and am working on Lego Marvel Superheroes at the moment. My Wii U backlog is disgusting though. Oh, and there's Mariokart + free Zelda coming later this week....

On 3DS I'm playing the odd round of Golf and in between managing my Pocket Football Club. Again, disgusting backlog to look after - ever since last summer's buy 3 get one free deal I've been promising myself I'll go back and play this and that and the other...

But these are competing with the ridiculously addictive Marvel Puzzle Quest on my phone. It's like a second job that only pays you in Hawkeye pictures...

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Len_007

Super Mario 3d on Wii U. I don't generally have enough time to game like I used to, so I enjoy dipping in for 5/10 mins and completing a level. Have a chunk of time off from work heading my way so looking forward to some summer gaming. Last year it was the Last of Us, thinking this summer I could alternate between MK8 and Deus Ex.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Been playing allot of Tetris Party Deluxe on the Wii. My daughter(7) and wife(+21 ;)) VBS myself. Good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,525 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Mario Kart 8 and Mario Chase on the brothers WiiU - would love a Mario chase dlc.

Playing fire emblem on my own Wii.

On the nippled Pokemon xl I'm playing a few games at the moment. Zelda between worlds is excellent and I've only just gotten to the part with the link between worlds. Bravely default is getting a bit of play every few days. Love the game but I don't think I'll end up finishing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

I hadn't played my WiiU in ages till about two weeks ago and now I'm playing Ryman Legends, Arkham Origins and MK8 kind of simultaneously, I have Pikmin 3 too now so won't need any new games for a while on that.

My 3DS has been relegated to when I'm travelling (which will be a lot in the near future) so am working my way though Azran Legacies then will have to get Layton Vs Phoenix Wright (my 3DS is dominated by Layton titles).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,856 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

MK8, NSMBU and Mario 3D Land, all on the Wii U!
    (I only got it yesterday!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Wii U. MarioKart 8 and Pikmin 3. Still trying to find the time to finish off Wind Waker.
    On 3DS is a Link Between Worlds mainly

• Registered Users Posts: 18,048 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Picked up Radiant Historia yesterday and am giving that a go, have Bravely Default next, and then am gonna try and up my game on Mario Golf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Rhythm Thief - It's going cheap in Argos right now and I'm finding it great for dipping into every now and then

Mario Golf World Tour - I'm working my way through the challenges at the moment. It is extremely difficult in places but a lot of fun and it has way more content than Mario Tennis Open.

Game and Wario - This was my free Mario Kart game since I already own most of the rest. I'm enjoying the variety in it though the 9-Volt section makes me wish we got a full-on Wii U Wario Ware instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭abbir

At the moment - Fire Emblem Awakening. Very soon, Mario Kart 8. As soon as it actually arrives :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I clocked Super Metroid for the first time on the Wii-U VC. It was a very fun experience. It's been stated to the point of cliche, but it gains points in its openness; only once or twice d'you find yourself having gone the wrong way, or running out of things to do.

I'm hoping the stick up Zero Mission on the GBA VC selection. Not in the mood of laying down the €25 cart-only price-tag it seems to be going for these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,422 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Picking my way through Kirby Triple Deluxe (world 5 now).
    I got Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate digitally last week for a tenner and played the opening (up to Blackgate). Looks great.
    Playing Mario Golf WT too.

Looking forward to 1001 Spikes and Treasurenauts on 3DS (whenever....)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

There's a package for me in the post room. Tonight I finally rev my MK engines for the first time in a hardware generation....
    Either that or I got a free laser pointer from somewhere. If there's a spate of freak blindings in the south dublin area, you'll know I didn't get my Kart...

On 3DS, Tamodachi Life beckons.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,713 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    I clocked Super Metroid for the first time on the Wii-U VC. It was a very fun experience. It's been stated to the point of cliche, but it gains points in its openness; only once or twice d'you find yourself having gone the wrong way, or running out of things to do.

I'm hoping the stick up Zero Mission on the GBA VC selection. Not in the mood of laying down the €25 cart-only price-tag it seems to be going for these days.

you play any of the Prime games? They're like First Person 3D versions of Super Metroid. So basically, they're brilliant!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,048 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Banjo wrote: »
    There's a package for me in the post room. Tonight I finally rev my MK engines for the first time in a hardware generation....
    Either that or I got a free laser pointer from somewhere. If there's a spate of freak blindings in the south dublin area, you'll know I didn't get my Kart...

On 3DS, Tamodachi Life beckons.

Can you let me know if Tomodachi is any good, toss up between buying it or €40 credit for Etrinian Odyssey on the eshop.

Advertisement