Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2014 Recruitment!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Constablemaybe

I think they're going to get about 240 recruits out of the 2013 campaign! That means maybe there will be a 2014 campaign to make up the numbers to the original target? Just a guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭oztop1234

Did you hear this or just speculating? Would be good if true.

I think in all from 2014 campaign they are recruiting 300. As per chief cons letter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Rj408

Hey guys heard this too great news however I have a question if anyone knows the answer.

I failed the exam last time around and have since received 3 points on my driving license for using my mobile (I know I am an idiot!!) and was wondering if this would hold me back? I remember something about it in the last campaign but was it criminal convictions which ruled you out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Goose2301

In my opinion they kind of shot themselves in the foot by bringing in all these extra hoops to jump through along the recruitment process ie; IT requirement, online IT assessment and PCA, these made the numbers passing the IST and AC even fewer. Although I do agree with the PCA aspect as I know a friend who failed her PCA on her last day of 22 week training programme and has to resign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

I found this on the PSNI website.

http://www.psni.police.uk/general__psni_recruiting_figures

Hopefully if there isnt a 2014 campaign, there will definately be a 2015 one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭fingerbob

Hi guys, just looking for a bit of advice. I'm a serving officer with police scotland (only 6 months service). In my opinion I was somewhat tricked during the recruitment process into opening myself up to going anywhere in order to get my start date faster. Essentially I've ended up in the arse end of nowhere which is a stunningly beautiful place but not really where I want to be for the next load of years.

My original plan was to just wait it out then transfer to the central belt once my probation finishes. I'm from N.I originally and really I 'd just like to know if there would be any issue with putting in an application for the next PSNI recruitment drive. I'd like to know more so out of curiosity at the moment. I'm extremely happy in the job and I love the work, it's just my geographical situation which is the sticking point.

Any info/advice would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

fingerbob wrote: »
    Hi guys, just looking for a bit of advice. I'm a serving officer with police scotland (only 6 months service). In my opinion I was somewhat tricked during the recruitment process into opening myself up to going anywhere in order to get my start date faster. Essentially I've ended up in the arse end of nowhere which is a stunningly beautiful place but not really where I want to be for the next load of years.

My original plan was to just wait it out then transfer to the central belt once my probation finishes. I'm from N.I originally and really I 'd just like to know if there would be any issue with putting in an application for the next PSNI recruitment drive. I'd like to know more so out of curiosity at the moment. I'm extremely happy in the job and I love the work, it's just my geographical situation which is the sticking point.

Any info/advice would be appreciated.

I don't see any reason why you couldn't apply at the end of the month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

Page 7:

http://www.nipolicingboard.org.uk/final_pdf_-_policing_matters_may_2014.pdf
    NIPB wrote:
    A second recruitment campaign will begin at the end of May 2014 to appoint 378 new police officers.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭sweet chuck

How many are they taking from first campaign?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

So there are 727 on the merit list waiting for a start date, and they are going to start a new campaign.

Maybe they are considering taking on 1,000 officers after all.

• Advertisement

Goonerdee wrote: »
    So there are 727 on the merit list waiting for a start date, and they are going to start a new campaign.

Maybe they are considering taking on 1,000 officers after all.

Hi goonerdee! Not quite. It's that 727 passed AC from what I understand.

Beginning to wish I'd kept my draft of the cheesy personal statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭CDizzle

Same here, thought i had it saved on my computer but can't find it at all.

Edit - Found one part of it, that's a start i guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

10341841_10152415574291649_6786341824497251488_n.jpg

Anyone near any of the sessions and free next week to tag along and find out some info for us remaining B groupies ? :D

I'll be heading up myself as there's no news when you contact them..

Goose2301 wrote: »

If you bring us some form of good news, i'll owe you one! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭MissWillow12

Just announced boys and girls 28th May! Sorry just seen your post DesertCreat_15

Can't open that link in work, i take it that's for the new recruitment?

CDizzle wrote: »
    Can't open that link in work, i take it that's for the new recruitment?

Yes just photo of the information session dates. Opens 28th May til 20th June.

Yes just photo of the information session dates. Opens 28th May til 20th June.

Sitting here trying to remember my assessment centre questions so i can start working on them now!

Saying that i only let myself down in one part, feeling confident should i not get in this time.

• Advertisement

Just wee bit of news not sure if this is true or not! I was speaking to some officers and they dont think that those still in the wait will be able to apply for this campaign as they're already on a merit list and this new campaign is to get more names for the list. I hope its not true for you all still waiting, would be pretty harsh if it was. They said it doesnt make sense for people who are still on the list to re-apply defeats the purpose of doing the new drive. Not 100% how true it is this was just their opinion on it.

So many questions need answered! ! ! !

So many questions need answered! ! ! !

This isnt 100% set in stone and these guys arent involved in recruitment in anyway. Just general chat about it and that was their opinion on it. They could be totally wrong.

People on the list will only account for a few hundred so hopefully they won't prevent us reapplying. I'll go to 1 of the sessions and ask. There will prob be some info released for the likes of us in any case!

This situation used to happen quite regularly a few years ago. People would apply for campaign 1, be on a merit list and hear nothing. Then campaign 2 would open and same again.. campaign 3.. then they would get a phone call saying they had been successful from campaign 1..

This isnt 100% set in stone and these guys arent involved in recruitment in anyway. Just general chat about it and that was their opinion on it. They could be totally wrong.

I guessed as much, it just adds another Q to my 6ft long list of things to find out ! :cool:

Dekkers wrote: »
    People on the list will only account for a few hundred so hopefully they won't prevent us reapplying. I'll go to 1 of the sessions and ask. There will prob be some info released for the likes of us in any case!

Yeah the officers at the session will defiantly know more about it than the ones i was speaking to. Seems pretty harsh if it was the case. Monday the website is meant to be updated with information so hopefully that will answer some questions too.

Goose2301 wrote: »

Will they tell you much more in person though?

Fingers crossed for those still in the wait and you get some good news soon.

• Advertisement

Yeah the officers at the session will defiantly know more about it than the ones i was speaking to. Seems pretty harsh if it was the case. Monday the website is meant to be updated with information so hopefully that will answer some questions too.

Yeah there's bound to be some wee blurb for those currently in the process. Life is too unpredictable to not reapply.

Welcome back btw! Let the fun begin.

Advertisement