Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anglo Trial - Read Mod Warning in First post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,574 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

catallus wrote: »

It has been shown time and again that the corrupt and the unscrupulous

Fine you say this but what do you charge him with? What are you saying he has specifically done wrong?

There is an element of mob mentality here and most can not even articulate what they think he is suppose to have done.

I think my comment is a fair and accurate one.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

jonnny68 wrote: »
    Do you REALLY and truly believe everything you read are you that gullible as to think that this country is not rife with corruption.

You're making claims that Ireland is one of the most corrupt countries in Western Europe. I think Transparency International is in a far better position to judge this than either of us. How much do you know of the corruption levels in other countries in Western Europe? Probably feck all considering how closed-minded you've shown yourself to be in interpreting a newspaper article.

What do Transparency International have to gain by misrepresenting Ireland's level of corruption? I'd trust their findings far more than your anecdotal rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

corkonion wrote: »
    This is a great result, it sends out a strong clear message that only the underclasses need fear justice in Ireland, don't forget to pay your water charges.

Should the courts just go with the verdict the mob wants in all cases or is the verdict only wrong in this one?

This seems to be the case a lot of the time on boards , if its the verdict everyone wants - justice done, otherwise the court is a farce and the justice system broken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

Eh yes I did and I believe Ireland is much worse than this '' study '' suggests.

why? I think a study dedicated to it would know a lot more than you

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭blackplum123

You realise the current Government had nothing to do with this court case?

Do you want Enda Kenny to intervene and overturn the verdict or something?

the government can bring in legislation to screw the ordinary punter at a whim, threats of legislation changes .But they do nothing to maple 10 and co . Why isn't the regulator being brought to account for his inactions.
    How many millions did this trial cost , why was it brought if there was no prospect of a conviction . answer , to give the illusion that justice would be got for the "people"
    Bull**** Ireland.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

They look a pretty objective, reputable source. Seems to me like you're just choosing to say it's not true to suit your hysterical view on Ireland

As you chose to tell me earlier that what I was saying wasn't true to suit your hysterical view :)

Eh yes I did and I believe Ireland is much worse than this '' study '' suggests.

You "believe". Any evidence or are you just going to continue to rely on your anecdotal garbage?

As you chose to tell me earlier that what I was saying wasn't true to suit your hysterical view :)

I don't even know what you're referring to. If you think we're one of the most corrupt countries in the world that's fair enough, you're entitled to your misguided delusion

I don't even know what you're referring to

You said it wasn't true when I said people walked out of a restaurant he chose to dine in!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

why? I think a study dedicated to it would know a lot more than you

If it said we were the most corrupt country in Europe it would be held up as gospel. Again, its only right if it gives the verdict people want.

Suppose they could pander to the masses and ignore facts, but sure that would be corrupt..............

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

They look a pretty objective, reputable source. Seems to me like you're just choosing to say it's not true to suit your hysterical view on Ireland

Hysterical view really I could spend half the night here documenting scandal, corruption, etc etc etc not a '' hysterical view '' of whatever stupid words you want to use.

Are you a voter of FF/FG or Labour by any chance :-\

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭NewApproach

A pleasing verdict.

Hysterical view really I could spend half the night here documenting scandal, corruption, etc etc etc not a '' hysterical view '' of whatever stupid words you want to use.

If you could document for us just the evidence that the jury didn't receive or didn't consider it would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Just remember he was declared not guilty by a jury full of random people, but it's good to see people here have declared him guilty without access to the evidence and are stuck in their resolve to force their verdict upon others

You said it wasn't true when I said people walked out of a restaurant he chose to dine in!

You think that view is "hysterical"? Questioning the views of some random anonymous poster on the internet isn't the same as questioning the objectivity of a study into worldwide corruption

For the record I still think it's horse**** that "the whole restaurant left" when Fitzpatrick walked in but i can never prove it nor can you prove it

• Registered Users Posts: 23,574 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Am I the only one who thinks a large part of the population wants to think there was this illuminati style conspiracy and criminality against them by a wealthy and devious few just so they can distract from the responsibility the entire country should take as a whole for the mess we are in?

Are you a voter of FF/FG or Labour by any chance :-\

"Hysterical" is a stupid word? :(

• Administrators Posts: 53,560 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

scamtown wrote: »
    two choices
    1 a peoples army is formed to overthrow the government Ukraine style
    2 we go back to the barstool and say ' sure it will be grand':rolleyes:

Yea, Ukraine is definitely a place we should model ourselves on. All going great over there right now. :rolleyes:

Am I the only one who thinks a large part of the population wants to think there was this illuminati style conspiracy and criminality against them by a wealthy and devious few just so they can distract from the responsibility the entire country should take as a whole for the mess we are in?

No you not, if you believe some posters here people where forced at gun point to double mortgage their home for a new car and holiday/rental home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Possibly. The reasons for that could be anything

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

No. I think that too. It's been nothing but finger-pointing blame for four years. An Olympiad of blame. We need a Mammy with a wooden spoon, who will say "I don't care who started it, you're cleaning up that mess or you're not getting any tea!"

Jester252 wrote: »
    No you not, if you believe some posters here people where forced at gun point to double mortgage their home for a new car and holiday/rental home.

Or that Sean Fitzpatrick singlehandedly caused the downturn in the Irish economy

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Or that Sean Fitzpatrick singlehandedly caused the downturn in the Irish economy

He didn't, but it could be arged that Anglo single handedly forced us into the bailout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Stavros Murphy

Possibly. The reasons for that could be anything

Too much of Miss Piggys chops to the head?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

If you could document for us just the evidence that the jury didn't receive or didn't consider it would be great.

You are obviously firmly in the Seanie camp, a lackey, hanger on, wannabe or just plain deluded and gullible, you actually seriously believe this man is completely and utterly innocent because he was found not guilty in court I suppose you'd be one of these types who thinks the Garda are squeaky clean and Jobridge has created thousands of jobs for interns and the country is positively thriving.

You think that view is "hysterical"? Questioning the views of some random anonymous poster on the internet isn't the same as questioning the objectivity of a study into worldwide corruption

For the record I still think it's horse**** that "the whole restaurant left" when Fitzpatrick walked in but i can never prove it nor can you prove it

If you can't prove it why did you say "it's def not true"? Not sure how any rational minded person could come to such a definitive conclusion without proof!

Anyways take a chill pill Big Ugo, no need to curse, your boy Seanie is free sure!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

Jester252 wrote: »
    Just remember he was declared not guilty by a jury full of random people, but it's good to see people here have declared him guilty without access to the evidence and are stuck in their resolve to force their verdict upon others

Its not random people. The defence team gets to pick who they want on the jury. They must of picked alot upper middle class D4 type people because if the people on jury had of been from finglas/tallaght or just about anywhere else in the country he would not have walked free.

Well did did spend all the money on a faulty weather machine that has been given us back winter for the last couple of years.

You are obviously firmly in the Seanie camp, a lackey, hanger on, wannabe or just plain deluded and gullible, you actually seriously believe this man is completely and utterly innocent because he was found not guilty in court I suppose you'd be one of these types who thinks the Garda are squeaky clean and Jobridge has created thousands of jobs for interns and the country is positively thriving.

Nope, all incorrect assumptions.

The only thing I'm looking for is some evidence of criminality. That'd be great thanks.

• Advertisement

If you can't prove it why did you say "it's def not true"? Not sure how any rational minded person could come to such a definitive conclusion without proof!

Anyways take a chill pill Big Ugo, no need to curse, your boy Seanie is free sure!

How utterly childish

Advertisement