Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delay email batch!

• 30-03-2014 9:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone. Just thought I'd start this thread for the people of which I am one who recieved the delay email but who have now passed.

Think it might be a good idea to start posting to keep each other aware as and when we hear about the next steps.

Can I presume we all recieved a B?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Batman91

Im part of this batch that got a pass and received a grade B. What do you think the chances of getting a place is? Obviously that is if we pass the remaining stages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭oztop1234

Batman91 wrote: »
    Im part of this batch that got a pass and received a grade B. What do you think the chances of getting a place is? Obviously that is if we pass the remaining stages.

I'm hoping pretty good. Granted it may take 6-9 months to get into GV.

Spoken to someone who gave me some help and he said there is a good chance.

I'm staying positive!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭psni_lad

I'm in the same boat got 60% because my debrief sucked but did well everywhere else. Very borderline pass but looking forward to the rest of the recruitment as good experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭col212

Yeah i got a b, 67%, i am just staying positive and putting in big effort so that I smash the pca.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Batman91

oztop1234 wrote: »
    I'm hoping pretty good. Granted it may take 6-9 months to get into GV.

Spoken to someone who gave me some help and he said there is a good chance.

I'm staying positive!

Definitely worth the wait if we all get a place at GV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Sgtmort

I was delayed. Got an A* 80.25% so just in there! Got my vetting form on Friday and spent all night on it! Head is melted lol

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

Sgtmort wrote: »
    I was delayed. Got an A* 80.25% so just in there! Got my vetting form on Friday and spent all night on it! Head is melted lol

NERD!

ha :P u finished yet?

looking forward to the postman this week. Makes a nice change!

(Almost forgot, Delayed group and a 'B' here too)

As soon as forms start coming through then post it up!

Gives everyone an idea where we are in the process and how long a wait maybe

Not a nerd by far but with my current job I think that helped with some experience. Though saying that I did not feel confident walking out of the ac. I've all filled out apart from two references, need their address and don't think I can call them at this time of the night!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Somehow read the thread title as biatch :rolleyes:

B here too, mid B unfortunately! If i hadn't a fúcked up part 1 so bad i could have been an A i imagine !

Anyone care to email the HR anonymously and see what their plan for us is ? :p

• Advertisement

Somehow read the thread title as biatch :rolleyes:

B here too, mid B unfortunately! If i hadn't a fúcked up part 1 so bad i could have been an A i imagine !

Anyone care to email the HR anonymously and see what their plan for us is ? :p

I'm the same. First part destroyed me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭missyme82

Hey all, b here too 64%, interesting that the only A star among us has vetting forms, if ours don't arrive this week we van assume bs aren't being dealt with yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Gilz_2001

Delayed group too and a low B... haven't been overly optimistic but looking forward to doing physical etc for the experience!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mstar

If you were in the delayed but got an A* and have your vetting form already, do we think us Bs could be waiting a while to even get to vetting/pca etc?

ps. i was also a delayed and got a B, 66%

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Gilz_2001

mstar wrote: »
    If you were in the delayed but got an A* and have your vetting form already, do we think us Bs could be waiting a while to even get to vetting/pca etc?

ps. i was also a delayed and got a B, 66%

Yes I think so. Think they are more likely to take the highest scorers first and proceed with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭missyme82

nothing in post for me today :(

I got my vetting forms but no pca, I heard it comes about a week after you get your results. Are most of the delayed B's? Seems to be a pattern though I thought just he'd luck our AC was later hence we got the delay?
    You never know, they could still send it out but not check as early as it's a lot of pages!

I've a funny feeling someone in my group got through and I got delayed so much check that one out. Don't know what's going on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭charlie_six

I got my vetting forms but no pca, I heard it comes about a week after you get your results. Are most of the delayed B's? Seems to be a pattern though I thought just he'd luck our AC was later hence we got the delay?
    You never know, they could still send it out but not check as early as it's a lot of pages!

I've a funny feeling someone in my group got through and I got delayed so much check that one out. Don't know what's going on

My pca date came a day after vetting forms. Those with A and A* have been put through first unless you were at the very end of the AC process then you are in the same group as the B people

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭wanadrum

Did you have any issues with it qual or education certificates etc?

Yea but I think I got that email just before the delayed email. That could be it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭VES86

delayed B as well

id say us B folk may have a wait for the PCA and meds but I don't see why they don't just fire out a vetting form to us and have them all gathered back in for when the time comes to process the rest of our application the lengthy bit is sitting waiting to rock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Clare1304

I'm a B and got vetting forms on Saturday?

Not a nerd by far but with my current job I think that helped with some experience. Though saying that I did not feel confident walking out of the ac. I've all filled out apart from two references, need their address and don't think I can call them at this time of the night!

ha sorry couldn't resist a wee dig. Couldn't be that many A*'s out there so it's an impressive performance!

Are they fussy over who can provide a reference? Need to have a wee think over who to ask!

Clare1304 wrote: »
    I'm a B and got vetting forms on Saturday?

This is great news for us Bs! Did you get a high B clare?

It just says "a responsible person" not a relative, current employer or a GP. A lot of repetition in the forms and takes a while but I was sure as hell a very happy girl to get them :D

Yeah the higher end - 68%

It just says "a responsible person" not a relative, current employer or a GP. A lot of repetition in the forms and takes a while but I was sure as hell a very happy girl to get them :D

Cheers for response. Was wee bit worried I wouldn't know anyone important enough lol although I'm sure references don't really have any impact on the final decision.

Yeah the higher end - 68%
    great to hear they've moved on to Bs. Let us know if you get your PCA date soon - fingers crossed for ya!

Good news vetting forms have started!!

• Advertisement

Yea I've been thinking who to put down. Mate is in the riot squad and helped set up the pca. For the other person I was thinking my headmaster lol let the nerd jokes commence....

Advertisement