Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Woodpecker1

lots of lego is better than half price . Got loads . Christmas sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭roxybargains

Hey woodpecker,

Which store was this in and what sets did u get?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭nc6000

Ah no, did I did just see a first mention of the C word?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,107 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

nc6000 wrote: »
    Ah no, did I did just see a first mention of the C word?

Few mentions of it the last few days :rolleyes:, I will name my first born child after anyone who gets me half price Lego Hobbit sets in Dublin or Maynooth.

Seen some Lego Chima sets marked down from €25 to €7 yesterday, lots of Wrestling toys too, the slammer figures were under €2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSooalTTWN5kUK8hgGin6dyfYTOtZmFDZTmk1sGHCke4HTpfoFG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

I will name my first born child after anyone who gets me half price Lego Hobbit sets in Dublin or Maynooth.

Tullamore yesterday had 1 of each of Lord of the Rings "Shelob Attacks" set for €7 and The Hobbit "Escape from Mirkwood Spiders" for around €8 i think... I will be in later and check if they are still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭clairek6

My local tesco have four packs of crunchie priced at 2.50 on the shelf but scanning at 1.25 today and the same last saturday

Hey woodpecker,

Which store was this in and what sets did u get?

Any extra store should have loads of it. (in the morning time) . As for this time of day. I dunno.

Stock should be coming in though( i think). Im sure they want to clear space in the distribution warehouses .

EDIT. I just found out. No more stock coming in. Its all gone. What is on the shelf's is all that there is. New lines of lego starting in the new week.

http://www.xmasclock.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭bungaro79

saw in douglas today they've sun dishwasher tablets 80 pack for €10

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Anyone see vacuum cleaners reduced, mine just died....

• Advertisement

wmpdd3 wrote: »

Sure I seen a post on Bargain Alerts that Dunnes were doing vax stuff half price.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057171231

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Pinkycharm

JessieM wrote: »
    Some great toy clearance items eg Fisher Price stroll-along walker buggy normally 37 - 40 euro down to 10.50

Couldnt get this in the Nenagh or the Roscrea store and wanted it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Gosub

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    I did see one reduced from €160 odd to €80 (I think. I know it was half price.) about 2 weeks ago in Wexford. It was a good brand, but I can't remember the name. I bought a Tesco bagless 1400w one for the car. It was only €45 and it seems fine. Now the wife is eyeing it up for the house. Decent suction and light. There was another Tesco one for €65, a 1600w, if you wanted more power.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Simoniz car cleaning products half price in Tescos Balbriggan.
    Perfect for a sunny-ish Sunday!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Simoniz car cleaning products half price in Tescos Balbriggan.
    Perfect for a sunny-ish Sunday!

Same offer in Maynooth. Sorted for screen cleaner for at least a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 08072011

Monster high dolls scanning at €6 something, all four purchased for lo Xmas. Couldn't see the Fisher price pram/walker for €10.50, if there any in CLonmel can someone let me know please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 08072011

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I'd be extremely grateful if any of ye folks who bought the 50 quid iPod nano purple 7th gen in January could help me?

The screen on mine has gone faulty and I've lost my receipt. AppleCare won't accept my credit card statement as proof of purchase and Tesco will only refund me and can't reprint the receipt. Strangely when the serial no. is checked it's registered as December 2012. A photo of the receipt might do the trick. Cheers

sweetie wrote: »
    I'd be extremely grateful if any of ye folks who bought the 50 quid iPod nano purple 7th gen in January could help me?

The screen on mine has gone faulty and I've lost my receipt. AppleCare won't accept my credit card statement as proof of purchase and Tesco will only refund me and can't reprint the receipt. Strangely when the serial no. is checked it's registered as December 2012. A photo of the receipt might do the trick. Cheers

As a customer assistant in Tesco, I know that it is against our policy to accept any return without an original receipt.
    They will not accept CC statements or anything other than the receipt.
    If you paid by card then it will only be refunded back onto that card. You wont get cash back.
    If it was cash you paid with and you can get someone here to part with their reciept , then you might be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Any Lego reduced in Wexford?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

sweetie wrote: »

Maybe you could go in, buy a full priced one, and return the faulty one afterwards?

Allegedly. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

I know in the UK that a successful claim was made to Fair Trading that a credit card receipt and a loyalty card transaction was deemed acceptable as a receipt - did you collect Club Card points?

Soarer wrote: »
    Maybe you could go in, buy a full priced one, and return the faulty one afterwards?

Allegedly. ;)

Fraudulent, dishonest and illegal.

I would not recommend this method in anyway.

Soarer. Catch yourself on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭Cyber Ghost

Got the Bop It Tetris game for 8.75 - reduced from 35e.

ObzeIhDl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

As a customer assistant in Tesco, I know that it is against our policy to accept any return without an original receipt.
    They will not accept CC statements or anything other than the receipt.
    If you paid by card then it will only be refunded back onto that card. You wont get cash back.
    If it was cash you paid with and you can get someone here to part with their reciept , then you might be ok.

Tesco don't carry them anymore but offered me a refund fair play to them but 50 quid won't get me another one elsewhere. Apple require the receipt for a purchase date for registration even though European law gives two year warranty for these and irish consumer websites advise that credit card statement is sufficient proof of purchase. I think I used my club card but Tesco couldn't help when I called them.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 ariya

Got the Bop It Tetris game for 8.75 - reduced from 35e.

ObzeIhDl.jpg

Which tesco was this?

No cheap Lego in Maynooth. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭Cyber Ghost

ariya wrote: »
    Which tesco was this?

Midleton

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Soarer wrote: »
    Anything with a little asterix in the corner of the SEL, or a blue dot as the case may be, means they're end of line stock and definitely worth checking the scanner. Could be reduced to silly prices.

PS. That Shampoo is €5.15 in my local Super Valu. Half thinking about buying a few in Tesco and return them to Super Valu for a refund/store credit! ;)

Are they only on white stickers Soarer?

I had a look at this picture a poster took and there is no marker for end of line, star or dot...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=89360185&postcount=6961

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

thanks to whoever it was who gave the heads up about the reduced Lego, the little man was delighted.

there were a few lego items in Tesco Coonagh reduced when I was in on Saturday, apparently they are trying to shift stuff before new lines come in this weekend.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement