Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭clairek6

And Naas have one of the Mickey Finn flavours for €6. Not Apple or red flavour. The other onet

Pear flavour, have it in ballinasloe too

• Registered Users Posts: 14,125 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Was in tesco earlier to pick up beer, they have the same beer offers as super valu minus one extra euro. 4 craft beers for 9, 4 weird ciders for 9, 8 cans of heineken/bud/guinness, etc for 12.

Fruli seems to be perpetually on sale in all tesco's for E1 a bottle. Cleaned letterkenny tesco out of them after xmas, and took the 5 that were left in dundrum earlier today for the same price.

no cheap blades to be seen, nor were there the 1.04 cans of guinness

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭lotmc

Just my two cents....

Thanks to those who posted about reduced deoderants ect.

I was in Tesco merrion centre today and couldn't find any of the products mentioned, but did come across

"XL 200ml lynx dark temptation deoderant"

for just €1.47! The price was €1.47 on the usual white sticker, and wasn't being advertised. The 150ml cans were on special at €6 for 2, so this was a bargain.

I have to admit I took them all, but there's probably some left in other Tesco stores.

Also, Tesco merrion centre were full of the Chocoblok €1 tubs. I took the last millionaires shortcake but there was plenty of the chocolate variety left.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

There's one light grey iPad polyurethane cover in Mahon Point scanning at 1c. It's priced at €39.

Was gonna buy it for the sake of it, but don't need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭dueaug

Just been in Tesco Celbridge. They have 6 bottles of wine selling for 6 euro each. Santa Rita Winemakers lot & Carmen are two I can remember. Tried to find them online but can't sorry. Enjoy. Gallo, Ogio, Mcguigan Bin 131 & 178
    http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/ProductBuylist/default.aspx?id=L00001517

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Youzername

jpb14 wrote: »
    Might be lots of bargains to be had in Tesco Ballymun now that its closing down.
    http://www.thejournal.ie/ballymun-tesco-1347055-Mar2014/?r_dir_d=1

By no means a reflection on the people who work there, but that store is an absolute kip.

I'm surprised it lasted this long to be honest.

Wasn't it originally meant to be knocked down as part of the redevelopment, before the country went down the sh*itter?

(On topic)

Apple branded Iphone charger and cable combo packs are scanning at 1c if you can find them

(Not the 'lightning' adaptor ones or what ever its called)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,215 ✭✭✭✭L1011

That's that shopping centre dead then. Even one of the pharmacies, of which there were many and were still busy enough, closed last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Tesco Ballymun is closing due to the colossal rent being charged since Nama took over when Treasury Holdings went into receivership.

It's the same reason the rest of the shops closed down since the takeover.Shops that closed beforehand were given up due to the regeneration. Any remaining units were to be offered first refusal on units in the new shopping centre but now plans for this have been shelved so as far as I know Tesco refused the newest rent increase as their no longer an incentive to keep paying crazy money to occupy a unit in a near derelict centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Got a couple of packs of these tonight in Roselawn http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=259774907 - initally €7 then down to €4 and now to €2. Great price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

lotmc wrote: »
    Just my two cents....

Thanks to those who posted about reduced deoderants ect.

I was in Tesco merrion centre today and couldn't find any of the products mentioned, but did come across
    "XL 200ml lynx dark temptation deodorant"
    for just €1.47! The price was €1.47 on the usual white sticker, and wasn't being advertised. The 150ml cans were on special at €6 for 2, so this was a bargain.
    I have to admit I took them all, but there's probably some left in other Tesco stores.
    These were full price in the store I checked earlier. 2nd store had no stock. Anyone see these anywhere? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Deal of the (last) decade in tesco Ballybrack

1607015_635588713163396_2055922075_n.jpg

Microsoft Student 2006(!) for €84.99

WITH A FREE MOUSE!

Cant believe none of you guys picked this up! Its Still there! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Gillette sensor 3 disposable 8 pack half price.

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=256167335

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Meh..crappy bargain
    Dear Teshcos,
    Please compete with your competitors properly.
    Yours, Snu

14.03.G.crazy.prices.1.jpg

18 packs of Coke are €6 in Dunnes at the minute.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Soarer wrote: »
    18 packs of Coke are €6 in Dunnes at the minute.
    Yeah I know and eight pack Tayto are €1.29 Lidl Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Some of the Nerf guns are discounted in Tesco at the moment. Both the rampage and retaliator were down to €20.99 and the stockade was down to €11.99 IIRC. The http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9082892/Trail/searchtext%3ENERF.htmwas cheaper too but I can't remember the price, at a guess I'd say around €25. I did notice that the Hail-fire was down to €31.99 or thereabouts but its actually cheaper in Argos at €28.49 if you are interested in that one.

Probabaly a few i'm forgetting but not all of the nerf items were discounted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

> King of Shaves 4 cartridge plus 2 free (5 blade type) eur2.44 was only 1 left
    > Sensodyne Gentle Whitening 100ml pump eur2.57 bought all 3
    > Lynx Dual 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner 300ml eur.80cent bought 2, about 8 left. This used to cost EUR5 each, and does still in Boots/Dunnes etc.
    > Sure mens Special Edition Formula 1 logo type 250ml eur1.14. Plenty of other mens Sure types, same sizes, same price

Store: Baggot St Upper, back of the shop on the left hand size. Small selection of other items, Lots of toothpastes (Tesco own brand pro label all under EUR1)

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Binka

Tonight in the Ballinrobe branch I got a 39 pack of Finish for €4.17 reduced from €16.85 . Not the lemon though, they are on the same shelf but scan at full price.
    They're in the pasta aisle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

If only Tesco adopted the self-scanners from Superquinn. What fun we'd have!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Dubl07 wrote: »
    If only Tesco adopted the self-scanners from Superquinn. What fun we'd have!

Several branches have them (Maynooth were the first to introduce them).

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Several branches have them (Maynooth were the first to introduce them).

Couple of tescos in Waterford also have them. I assumed they were standard now :confused:

Mahon Point have 2. The one by customer services doesn't seem to work (always says "contact a member of staff"), but the one by the freezers works grand.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Soarer wrote: »
    Mahon Point have 2. The one by customer services doesn't seem to work (always says "contact a member of staff"), but the one by the freezers works grand.

We were talking about the scanners that customers can collect as they walk in and go around and scan their shopping themselves- and hand over the scanner and their credit card at the end. We were not talking about the price checkers that are scattered throughout the stores. If you've been in Superquinn, you'll know what we're talking about (they actually were the first in Europe to use them- Motorola designed them to their specifications- and then Sainsburys in the UK hopped on board- and a handful of continental supermarkets (Modelo etc). Of late Tesco have begun to introduce them in their Irish stores- and Musgraves are leveraging Superquinn's expertise in this area to roll-out similar to as many of their stores and franchisees as possible.

If you want to do a lot of price checking as you're doing your shopping, its a great way to do so- without having to wander back and forth to the price-checkers- and your shopping only gets randomly rescanned at the end (frequency of rescans determined by how accurate you are- they don't want you walking out the door with a trolley of stuff without having paid for it either). There is a trust element involved- which tends to work- as its frustrating as hell having to unpack and repack your bags for rescans. Personally I don't use them- because with a 2 year old and a 3 year old- I genuinely have no idea whats in the trolley by the time I get to the checkout- some items I put in, have mysteriously vanished, meanwhile some products I swear I've never seen before in my life- have made their way into the trolley in their stead........

• Registered Users Posts: 43 pkkil

Morning all
    Can you please tell me the name of a scanner app that I could use on my phone thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭The Mulk

I think they're a nightmare if you're shopping with kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,107 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Not sure if this was posted on this thread yet South Park Stick of Truth is €40 in Tesco for PS3 and Xbox 360. Seen some in Maynooth don't seem to have the PC version and it is not out yet for PS4 or Xbox One. It is the standard version of the game, doesn't have the 3 character dlc code. Great game by the way like a 20 hour episode you get to control.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

Clare Hall
    Plenty of reductions on bed sheets and pillow cases, duver covers. Clearance items (plates, bowls, tins, etc) in the crockery aisle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Valdobbiadene prosecco superiore reduced from €21.99 to €9 in Clearwater today, got the last few but might be elsewhere.

Jim Beam Honey and also Red Stag both reduced from €27.99 to €13.99 in Cabra but again could be in other stores, sorted for the weekend.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Binka wrote: »
    Tonight in the Ballinrobe branch I got a 39 pack of Finish for €4.17 reduced from €16.85 . Not the lemon though, they are on the same shelf but scan at full price.
    They're in the pasta aisle.

Yep, I picked up 3 packets of these in tesco Coonagh today. I don't even have a dishwasher yet, but when I saw the price of dishwashing tablets normally there was no way i could pass them by. They were in the normal dishwashing section in Coonagh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Ballybrack selling the paulaner glass that was FREE in the Oktoberfest promotion for a whopping e9!:confused:
    Naughty Tesco!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement