Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bodley 2013/14

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

cdeb wrote: »
    Yes, against Curragh A. Hung a queen on the last board when we had a draw at least.

We're on 33 points now

They turned down a draw with Q+6 each. Hope you dont miss out on promotion by 1/2 a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭midajoh

They turned down a draw with Q+6 each. Hope you dont miss out on promotion by 1/2 a point.

That indeed would be a sickener,We have a slight chance on promoting in the A that is of course Gonzaga drop a few points :)

Is it only the top team that gets promotion or is there a semi-final type play off.

Is it only the top team that gets promotion or is there a semi-final type play off.

As far as i know only the winners of each bodley

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Only the winners of each Bodley. They play off for the trophy. Didn't know we turned down a draw; second time in for days we did that and lost... (Though we did turn down a draw and scam a win against Rathmines, so swings and roundabouts I guess)

Yes, if Rathmines can take two points off Dun Laoghaire, we go up. Gonna be close...

• Advertisement

Good luck, whoever gets it will deserve it. some good teams emerging.

Anyone know what's happening with Blanchardstown,Have they played any games recently?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Irish Warrior

The Malahide v Blanchardstown will be played on the 1st of March. The Blanchardstown v Gonzaga match will be played the 8th of March.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Gunners1196

Could someone please explain how board prizes work? Is it if you score at least 75% out of your games? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭iriship

Could someone please explain how board prizes work? Is it if you score at least 75% out of your games? Thanks

As far as I know, you need 7 point for board prize

• Advertisement

You need 75% so you would need 7.5 in the Bodley.

Yep, It's 75% of all rounds, not of the rounds you play in.

7/9 will do for the Bodley - 77.78%.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

iriship wrote: »
    As far as I know, you need 7 point for board prize
    Yep, It's 75% of all rounds, not of the rounds you play in.

7/9 will do for the Bodley - 77.78%.
    This is correct. It doesn't matter how many games you actually play, or what board they're on, so long as you score 7 points or more.

In a normal division of 12 teams (11 rounds), the cut-off is 8.5 points.

Benildus B 4½-½ Portmarnock :)

Benildus B 4½-½ Portmarnock :)

Well done third place is looking solid

Pretty much can't be touched now. Wasn't expecting that with a mostly new team!

So any news on who won the Bodley B?

Rathmines v Dún Laoghaire is next week as the schools finals were today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Irish Warrior

Malahide 4 - 1 Blanchardstown

Elm Mount 3½ - 1½ Naomh Barróg A

Anyone know the score between Malahide and Gonzaga?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭TheKeenMachine

midajoh wrote: »
    Anyone know the score between Malahide and Gonzaga?

5-0 for Gonzaga

any result on Rathmines v Dún Laoghaire?

Still not on till tomorrow!

Ok thanks, good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Debornie

Any Rathminesvdunlaoghaire results ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

3.5-1.5 to Dun Laoghaire, I hear. Congrats to DL on winning the section, and good luck to them in the play-off.

Yep; short by half a point. While we were better than them head-to-head when we played, they were able to rack up a few 5-0s which meant they're the better team over the whole season.

On that note, I'd like to use the LCU AGM to make some changes to the Bodley; it might be worth discussing them here beforehand. I spoke to the LCU midway through the season about Division 7; I was told that it was a matter for the incoming committee to set one up for 2015/16, and that there would be none next year as it was too late to change the relegation format (even though the promotion format was changed half-way through last season...)

With the success of the O'Connell Cup last year (speaking of which - was that run this year?), there's clearly going to be new teams in the league next season. Blanchardstown were talking about two new teams when I spoke to them last month. We'd like to put out one - maybe two - extra if we can get captains, and there's plenty of other flourishing junior clubs (Rathmines being the obvious one; I don't know if Enniscorthy are at the stage of a second team yet, or if Shankill could return).

We could quite conceivably have 25 teams in the Bodley next season, with just two promotion spots. That's absurd, especially with the gap between the top and bottom, which is arguably larger than any of the other divisions.

I'd propose that next season - assuming two Bodley groups - the teams from seventh down are relegated into the O'Sullivan (Division 7) for 2015/16. Clubs joining the league from that season start off in division 7, not division 6, and after next season, it's two up two down between the Bodley and the O'Sullivan as with all the other leagues.

We've a fair few on here involved at Bodley level, so I said I'd throw it out there to see what other clubs think. Is this something that clubs would agree to at the AGM? Are there other adjustments we could make to improve the division? Unfortunately, it seems the LCU are doing nothing to change this level of the game.

Actually, one other change would be for the last round of the Bodley to take place on the final day along with all the other divisions. It'd be great for juniors to play in a venue like that, and it would have avoided the (very slight) advantage Dún Laoghaire had of knowing what score they needed going into the final round. It'd also help stop the Bodley from being so squashed (November to early March, a good two months shorter than other divisions). The Bodley was run this way up to about three seasons ago, and I don't know why it changed.

Drogheda 4 1/2 Portmarnock 1/2 Anyone know the result between Gonzaga and Blanchardstown?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Past_Pawn_99

when i left there were two game still playing and i dont know what happened on them.
    The score when i left:
    Blanchardstown 0.5 Gonzaga 2.5

Advertisement