Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bodley 2013/14

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 redbrandprj

Any Results from tonight's Bodley B match, Bray V Benildus ???

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭midajoh

Elm Mount 2 Drogheda 3 It's starting to look good for Gonzaga.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Benildus 3-2 Bray

So the Bodley B is right down too the wire,Good luck Benildus

Really hard to call the final day; Rathmines are well capable of beating Dún Laoghaire (they beat Wicklow, after all), which would make our job a lot easier.

Apparently we turned down a draw in the final game tonight to push for a win, and ended up losing... :mad:

But sure them's the breaks.

• Advertisement

Who were the winners and loosers ?

cdeb wrote: »
    Really hard to call the final day; Rathmines are well capable of beating Dún Laoghaire (they beat Wicklow, after all), which would make our job a lot easier.

Apparently we turned down a draw in the final game tonight to push for a win, and ended up losing... :mad:

But sure them's the breaks.

I don't think that's a fair question. We were never going to beat Bray 5-0; they're a decent team just having a bad season. Naming losers sounds like we're putting blame on those who made it that we couldn't win 5-0, which just wouldn't be the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

That's fair. I will say though that Mihailo Manojlovic won to move to 7/8, securing his board prize with a round to spare.

For what it's worth, the info is on our site and will of course be on the Leinster Chess site shortly. I just wanted to point out that I don't like the idea of emphasising who lost in such a crucial game.

Well I wasn't attempting to emphasise anything. I just wanted to find out how it affected the player table, no more.

• Advertisement

The player table?

I think he meant the points table on leinsterchess

You think he meant... referring to your own post?

I don't see why the points table would be of interest to anyone really. It's a team game. Individual board prizes work out irrespective of what anyone else does.

Anyways, as I said, the details are up on our website.

listen Cdeb. You're no stranger to controversy, think your looking for some here. I'll take an interest in whatever I like. it's a team game full of individials. Answer questions put on the board or not, but no need to attack a simple question.
    You think he meant... referring to your own post?

I don't see why the points table would be of interest to anyone really. It's a team game. Individual board prizes work out irrespective of what anyone else does.

Anyways, as I said, the details are up on our website.

Drop the tone redbrandprj. I'm not looking for controversy; just pointing out that the player table is irrelevant (which it is) and that I found your question unfair (which I did). I'm not sure what part of that you could possibly have a problem with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

listen Cdeb. You're no stranger to controversy

Lets keep things from getting personal, ok?

Excuse me please moderator, can you please cancel my subscription to this forum. I don't need the hassle from comments made when I make a simple query. I don't wish to hear or say anymore on this forum. Please do this sooner rather than later.
    Myrddin wrote: »
    Lets keep things from getting personal, ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Excuse me please moderator, can you please cancel my subscription to this forum. I don't need the hassle from comments made when I make a simple query. I don't wish to hear or say anymore on this forum. Please do this sooner rather than later.

I can't do this for you, you'll have to do it yourself. Depending on how you are subscribed, it'll be either:

1) Cancel your thread subscription from within your User CP - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription
    2) If you've followed the forum, there's an 'unfollow' button near the top of the main forum page.

For the record, it was more than a simple query you made...your post was needlessly aggressive & personal. The former (simple queries) are no problem at all, the latter however, is.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭iriship

Its only a games lads

First its a team league, but it is all so a personal game we play for are team.

I get upset when I have lost a game, any game. But when I lose in a team game, I feel I have let my team down. The funny thing is when I win and one of my team mate losses I just feel bad for them as I know how they may feel.

We all lose games other wise we would be super GM's witch I'm sure none of us are (board prize given for a reason).

But to see my name up on this site saying there is the loser, by some one other than me would feel like rubbing it in.
    Speaking as captain, to taking a draw or playing on, I think that has to be a personal thing. Unless it is clear, say on the last round. That it will make it for the team or not. Some time you have to take a draw for the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭TheKeenMachine

Gonzaga 3.5-1.5 Elm Mount
    Looks like the A section will go down to the wire

• Advertisement

Two good results in very quick succession for Elm Mount!

Though Gonzaga have a 1½ point gap at the top now with two games to go, which should be enough for promotion.

I'm waiting on news to see how Drogheda have done.I'll let you know most likely within the next half hour

Drogheda 5 Malahide 0

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭iriship

Wicklow won 4-1 today
    3 wins, one loss and a walk over with no player declared.

I would like to say that Marek Ostapczuk icu 12250 rating 1122, put it up to Seamus Duffy 1901. was just got in the end. Some one to keep an eye on. Well played Marek.
    All the young lads from Enniscorthy are all so a club to keep an eye on.

Thanks you all for the games and posts. I look forward to beating the crap out of you all next years :-).

may be next you we will ask all the captains to post here as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Debornie

Yes Enniscorthy won 4-1 Phibsboro.

Any News on Benildus A?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

midajoh wrote: »
    Any News on Benildus A?

They won 4-1

They won 4-1

Was that against Curragh A?If so how many points do they have in total?

Yes, against Curragh A. Hung a queen on the last board when we had a draw at least.

We're on 33 points now

• Advertisement

Yes, against Curragh A. Hung a queen on the last board when we had a draw at least.

We're on 33 points now

So i'm guessing if Dun only manage to win 3-2 you's will win the league because of the head to head.

Advertisement