Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bodley 2013/14

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Still to be confirmed - Enniscorthy - Rathmines 4 - 1
    How do you mean "Still to be confirmed"?

Confirmed results are Curragh A 0.5-4.5 Wicklow; Wicklow were made fight all the way for the 1.5 today. Also Curragh B 1-4 St Benildus B. We drew one game from a piece down and another from rook v King up, so I suppose those two balance out!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 182 ✭✭Chess_Coach

It is 4 - 1 .Well I just got text msg as I am never there when team plays. I prefer swimming pool with family.

Ah, ok! Good result. Your games against Dun Laoghaire and Wicklow are looking more interesting by the game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 182 ✭✭Chess_Coach

The result itself was never so important to me . What I like to see them playing good solid chess . I hop that they enjoy games where they will gain lots of experience.In the past 10 years I never prepared my players for matches ,never looked into opponents ratings etc.My aim is that kids are progressing slowly but solid . Just entering the league was great success for the club that was formed 2 years ago.Well done all

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭midajoh

Skerries 0 Drogheda 5 very good result for us today.

• Advertisement

Any result on Malahide v Blanchardstown?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Irish Warrior

midajoh wrote: »
    Any result on Malahide v Blanchardstown?

Malahide have kindly offered to play this match at a date tbc.

Benildus 3-2 Dún Laoghaire.

So we've beaten both the other title contenders and will win any head-to-head. Still a long way to go though!

Does that take Benildus joint top in the Bodley B?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

Does that take Benildus joint top in the Bodley B?
    Joint top on points, top on tie-break as we've beaten Dun Laoghaire. Wicklow are only a half point back though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 redbrandprj

Any score on Benildas v inchicore

3-2 to Benildus. Good news for the other title contenders.

Not a great time for Benildus to be dropping points

Yup. We were winning in the two we lost too. Could well have been 5-0. Big boost for the other two.

I didn't get to play for Drogheda today too busy with the kids birthday party so i'll update as soon as i hear any news,
    Curragh seem to have some decent players so could be a interesting result.

Just got the news Drogheda 5 Curragh B 0 :)

Enniscorthy 3.5 - 1.5 Wicklow

That's a massive result for Enniscorthy considering they are out rated on all boards well done.I'm sure Benildus had their fingers crossed from them also:)

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Ciaran

Enniscorthy must be in the mix for promotion now too. Very exciting division.

Did Gonzaga play Skerries today? If so does anyone know what the score was

• Advertisement

Ciaran wrote: »
    Enniscorthy must be in the mix for promotion now too. Very exciting division.
    Top four looks like this:
    Benildus	6 21
    Enniscorthy	6 20
    Wicklow		6 19
    Dun Laoghaire	5 18

Dun Laoghaire will have played Curragh today, barring some rearrangement. I'd have thought Curragh would take a point or two off of them, so there should be 2 or 3 points between the top 4!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Irish Warrior

Did Gonzaga play Skerries today? If so does anyone know what the score was

Match report from Gonzaga captain has it as Gonzaga 5 - 0 Skerries.

Amazing result for Enniscorthy. Would almost rather they'd drawn tbh.

Dun Laoghaire 4-1 Curragh A
    Rathmines - who were missing four players for the game in Enniscorthy last week - beat Naomh Barrog B 5-0

Is there anyone else here who is slightly frustrated at the recent lack of updates on the Leinster chess website. I'm not wanting to get personal at all with my comments here as I know updates are done voluntarily, and I am grateful for the work done, but when running a league, you really need to keep the league up to date fairly promptly after each match has been played and the scorecard submitted. Can it be done more quickly or is there a genuine reason why it hasn't been updated in weeks.

Is there anyone else here who is slightly frustrated at the recent lack of updates on the Leinster chess website. I'm not wanting to get personal at all with my comments here as I know updates are done voluntarily, and I am grateful for the work done, but when running a league, you really need to keep the league up to date fairly promptly after each match has been played and the scorecard submitted. Can it be done more quickly or is there a genuine reason why it hasn't been updated in weeks.
    Captains are often very slow to submit results.

For instance, the BEA Cup round 6 ended two days ago with two matches on that date. I have 3 of those 4 match result cards. The remaining one is due by tomorrow. I am also missing match result cards which are 3 and 10 days overdue. Now, I could penalise those teams per the rules, but then Dublin would be leading the league on 7 points. I'll send an update to Peter Scott tomorrow or the next day, but unless certain teams get off their arses, 2-3 results from the round will be missing. I know the match results, and I'll post an up to date table here when I get a few minutes to compile it, but the software requires both match cards before it'll update the result for the website.

So in short, it's mostly not the fault of the league controllers. I'd encourage people who have smart phones to enter the results on the website as soon as the match is finished. If that becomes the norm, we might get towards a live-ish table.

Thanks for the reply, that's very helpful and it gives some clarity. I have sent the scorecard the same day as our match results but as you say it takes the two score cards to proceed. I did however submit a card for one of the games and was asked for it a second time by one controller. I assume this is a rare exception. Hopefully captains will get on the ball now. Thanks again.
    mikhail wrote: »
    Captains are often very slow to submit results.

For instance, the BEA Cup round 6 ended two days ago with two matches on that date. I have 3 of those 4 match result cards. The remaining one is due by tomorrow. I am also missing match result cards which are 3 and 10 days overdue. Now, I could penalise those teams per the rules, but then Dublin would be leading the league on 7 points. I'll send an update to Peter Scott tomorrow or the next day, but unless certain teams get off their arses, 2-3 results from the round will be missing. I know the match results, and I'll post an up to date table here when I get a few minutes to compile it, but the software requires both match cards before it'll update the result for the website.

So in short, it's mostly not the fault of the league controllers. I'd encourage people who have smart phones to enter the results on the website as soon as the match is finished. If that becomes the norm, we might get towards a live-ish table.

On that note, I just got an e-mail from Denis Dempsey chasing result which hadn't been submitted. I'm not the captain, so I've forwarded the e-mail on, but it does show that the division controllers are actively chasing these. I'm the O'Hanlon controller and have chased clubs for results too.

Then you get delays because maybe one board has been postponed, or there's a query over the results and the division controller just wants to keep things neat and update a whole round at a time (there's a couple of steps involved in updating the website, and it saves time to be able to do a whole round at one time)

And - as you acknowledge - what we have now is streets ahead of when I started playing, when a paper circular might come out twice a season, which was the only time you really knew where you were in the league.

As the all too famous Manager Alex Ferguson once put it "it's squeeky bum time." I think this can be applied to the final few Bodley b matches :)

It is an amazing division alright. The table as I make it is -
    [B]Pos	Team	        MP	GW	GD	GL	Pts[/B]
    1	Dún Laoghaire	6	19	6	5	22    
    2	St Benildus A	6	19	4	7	21    
    3	Enniscorthy	6	19	2	9	20    
    4	Wicklow	        6	17	4	9	19    
    5	Rathmines	6	17	1	12	17½
    6	Curragh A	6	15	1	14	15½
    7	Inchicore	6	10	3	17	11½
    8	Bray/Greystones	4	4	3	13	5½
    9	Naomh Barróg B	5	3	2	20	4    
    10	Phibsboro	5	3	2	20	4

I'm missing Bray's results against Naomh Barróg B and Phibsboro, but they won't affect the top six.

We play Phibsboro on Wednesday - if we can win 5-0 (as Wicklow and Dún Laoghaire have done), it'd put a nice bit of pressure on the others. All other round 7 games are on this Saturday. Ideally, we'd win 5-0, Enniscorthy would beat Dún Laoghaire 3½-1½ and Rathmines would take at least half a point off Wicklow. That'd leave us 2½ points clear of Wicklow, Dún Laoghaire and Enniscorthy, having beaten all of them (and so ahead on tie-break).

But I think that's hoping for slightly too much. :)

• Advertisement

Benildus 5-0 Phibsboro :)

Up to the other teams now!

Advertisement