Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve Training

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭want2b

RUNNER 1 wrote: »
    My friend is and he only had his interview in september , his flying through it ?? just dont get the system atal

How did he get through everything in 4 r 5 months?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭RUNNER 1

Havent a clue , got his medical last week then he was told he could get training in march , i emailed the unit and ask what the hell is goin on , never got a email back , if he gets training in march the process only took about 6 months . he hasnt many in his family but still , i was pretty mad when i herd it, happy for him tho just mad at the way it works

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,697 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Just put the above post on your application Niamh and I'd say you'd be hired straight away!
    Look it's obvious that your not the sharpest toll in the box, I was only tipping you off that she is taking the p1ss out of you.
    For a combination of the above two posts, realdanbreen has received an infraction for getting personal both with a new boards.ie member and for making personal remarks towards an existing member.
    Raider190 wrote: »
    No need to be a smart a## she is just asking a question
    For this personal abuse, and for other reasons which cannot be discussed here, Raider190 is banned from this forum for 2 weeks.
    WilcoOut wrote: »
    Your getting old very quick raider

relax the cacks

your seeking alot of heat on here and it reads terribley
    For going off-topic and ignoring my instruction which was not to make personal remarks towards another poster, no matter how strongly you may feel, WilcoOut has received a Warning to serve as a reminder not to get personal.

======

There seems to be a common theme here, and that is Personal Abuse or making personal remarks towards another poster. I will say it yet again - Attack the post, NEVER the poster. Don't be pulled into a situation where you end up making direct attacks on the poster. If you cannot focus your energies on the post, and only the post, then don't reply.

We hate giving out Warnings, Infractions and Bans, but there are times when it is apparent that we are not being taken seriously, so please think before you post.

Do NOT post any further remarks on the posts that have received moderation, and do not post any remarks on the moderation of the forum in general, or on the users who have received sanctions. That's what the Feedback forum is for.

Please folks, let's just be civil and get this thread back on-topic.

Thanks,

-Shield.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭niamh.foley

She's obviously taking the p1ss out of you!

No, i wouldn't take the piss out of someone, it may sound like a dump question, but i was asking as when i was in the FCA when i was their now called the RDF you were allowed to drive.
    and it was a handy couple of hundred for 2 weeks training

looking at the link on GR
    i see you can apply for 1000 euro grant once you work 208 hours,

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scouser

mega bucks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,157 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

No, i wouldn't take the piss out of someone, it may sound like a dump question, but i was asking as when i was in the FCA when i was their now called the RDF you were allowed to drive.
    and it was a handy couple of hundred for 2 weeks training

looking at the link on GR

There certainly is money to be made alright Niamh.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 dkg93

Are phases 1-3 completed together or are they spread out over a few weeks, any help welcome.

its all with in 2 months 1-3 thats what i read on this anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 dkg93

Thanks Runner :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Jammydodger123

Hey lads hows tricks? Need a bit of help. I have passed the stage one of the reserves and going for the interview with the local super in a few days...just wondering is there a specific start date for training for the reserves?

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭thesamster

It can take a few months maybe 5 - 6 for your background checks to clear. Then you will be called for a medical and wait for a call to go to templemore . Some people can be faster than others with the background checks . Still waiting myself on checks to finish hopefully I will hear some thing soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Jammydodger123

5-6 months? Eek! I asked the person from public jobs and the super who interviewed me for stage one and they said training for the reserves would be in march? Gave in the BR about a month ago,..hopefully youl get called soon then!

You could be lucky with the BR checks and get called .

• Site Banned Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Raider190

5-6 months? Eek! I asked the person from public jobs and the super who interviewed me for stage one and they said training for the reserves would be in march? Gave in the BR about a month ago,..hopefully youl get called soon then!

Was in the college last week on a course and the word is the numbers are close to the 1300 maximum number for the reserve so new intakes will be depended on the number who are resigning in order to make up the new intakes

Was in the college last week on a course and the word is the numbers are close to the 1300 maximum number for the reserve so new intakes will be depended on the number who are resigning in order to make up the new intakes

yeah reserve is at its maximum numbers

classes will be brought in to replace those lost from now on

Was told one in march and maybe one June or July and then it's to slow up . Intakes only when numbers are down . This was from a staff member in the college

thesamster wrote: »
    Was told one in march and maybe one June or July and then it's to slow up . Intakes only when numbers are down . This was from a staff member in the college

Could be right but it is slowing down remember it's taken 8 years to get the full capacity of 1300 members so slots will now be at a premium for the next few years . On average the resignations rate is quite low .
    If a number of reserves make it to the full time that will require more reserves to take their place so normally it's classes of 45 with three classes been attested at the same time

. On average the resignations rate is quite low .

I

whats the resignation rate as a matter of interest?

Scouser wrote: »
    whats the resignation rate as a matter of

........seriously

Love to know y there not stopping interviews if they have enough , ya i herd there 2 more classes and then thats it for now. Cant believe i waited this long and came this far and im not guna get in this year so down hearted about it tbh .

• Advertisement

Love to know y there not stopping interviews if they have enough , ya i herd there 2 more classes and then thats it for now. Cant believe i waited this long and came this far and im not guna get in this year so down hearted about it tbh .

Don't lose hope you just never know what will happen over the few months . Reform is the key issue at the moment and who knows what lies ahead for the Reserve and it's next phase of evolution

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

I'd say a huge number of reserves will need to be recruited after the full time recruitment is over.

Because

1. They are taken to full time positions.

2. Or Members start to get pissed off after been let down in the competition and leave the reserves.

The waiting time in the reserve process is stupid anyway. If it took me 2 years to join then i'd just assume they didnt need me lol..

• Registered Users Posts: 46 bort_license

Hi there!

I applied for the Garda reserves a few weeks back and still no word back. After reading through a few threads it seems to be quite normal to be waiting a good while? On average how long would it take for word back?

I sent my application by post, only thing is I'm afraid they'd look at the emailed applications weeks before the posted ones as it's more convenient!

Thanks!

Bort_license im just a little over a year now and still waiting for medical and training ,

Bort_license im just a little over a year now and still waiting for medical and training ,

It can range from six months to two years before you arrive at the offer stage. This can be down to a lot of factors . Hang on in there the waiting is always the hardest part

whats the resignation rate as a matter of

........seriously

yeah

whats the percentage/number of annual resignations?

yeah

whats the percentage/number of annual resignations?

Not for publication on an open forum

Feel free to pm me

Not for publication on an open forum

Feel free to pm me

have no idea why

but PM in your inbox

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

have no idea why

but PM in your inbox

Don't be codded by Raider 190. For a fella coming in 4 hours a week he is an expert on everything e.g. the massive increase on Gardaí using inhalers, the number of deaf people coming in to the stations, effect of night duty on health, number of drop outs from Reserves, the "non impact" on availability of overtime by having people do the job for nothing etc. etc.
    I suppose it keeps him out of harms way

• Advertisement

Santa Cruz wrote: »

Don't be codded by Raider 190. For a fella coming in 4 hours a week he is an expert on everything e.g. the massive increase on Gardaí using inhalers, the number of deaf people coming in to the stations, effect of night duty on health, number of drop outs from Reserves, the "non impact" on availability of overtime by having people do the job for nothing etc. etc.
    I suppose it keeps him out of harms way

to be fair to raider i know he does alot more than 4 hours a week - hes quite committed in terms of hours and im sure his experience is broad due to that

but I agree, he does seem to have an answer for everything and Im certain he is codding me on the GR resignation rate. I would suspect even the commish would struggle with that figure

but i eagerly await his reply

Advertisement