Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garda Reserve Training

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Scouser wrote: »
    lets hope you get looked after!!

do what you can to fit it in, dont miss out

Cheers pal
    I ll hopefully get to fit it in and attend training!

• Site Banned Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Raider190

Canyon86 wrote: »
    Cheers pal
    I ll hopefully get to fit it in and attend training!

Good luck will look forward to hearing about your training should you get in

Raider190 wrote: »
    Good luck will look forward to hearing about your training should you get in

Yes so do I,

everything passed just waiting on the call for training now

Yes so do I,

everything passed just waiting on the call for training now

Good for you it's always good to hear that the hard work pays off. At least in the future your views will be backed up from a position of experience and training. The training is tough bUT very rewarding. You will need to listen carefully to all your instructors. The gems they can enpart to you are crucial in order to keep you safe when you eventually go operational

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭RUNNER 1

Got email today saying still waiting on Background checks doesnt sound like im getting anywere anytime soon . :(

• Advertisement

RUNNER 1 wrote: »
    Got email today saying still waiting on Background checks doesnt sound like im getting anywere anytime soon . :(

It does take some time but it will get done

Stick with it mate,
    It does take a while.
    At least it wasn't an email to say your application was rejected or lost etc

Ya very true , just sick of it at this stage it been over a year , ino it takes time . but i dont want it to be another year .

Ya very true , just sick of it at this stage it been over a year , ino it takes time . but i dont want it to be another year .

Could be as long as 3 years for some it only takes 6 months . Don't know why but for myself it was about a year. The Br checks can be lengthy as they may involve checks in other jurisdictions . As well as that there is also a final check completed to establish if you have been involved in any offences such as public order ,misuse of drugs etc since your initial application. So if this the case there may be a question regarding your suitability for recruitment.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 seanog84

Hey everyone, I applied last October for the GR's. Just wondering how long it usually takes to hear back about being called for an interview?? I hear the process can be slow, so while I'm waiting I was thinking of enrolling to do a diploma in policing to possibly give myself a better chance. From anyones experience would it be worth while?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭thesamster

It took me from February to September 2013 just to get a interview in limerick . That was with Tipperary Clare and limerick . They said its about 12 from each county .

Hi Lads,

Got my date for training this morning in an email,

Any advice?

cheers

Hi all!

I got my date to start training,

Any advice?

Hi all!

I got my date to start training,

Any advice?

Listen to those who have more experience and remain open to new ideas and concepts. Overall remain humble you are at the bottom of the food chain but that will not always be the case with experience will come skill and knowledge listen to your instructors and takes lots of notes

Listen to those who have more experience and remain open to new ideas and concepts. Overall remain humble you are at the bottom of the food chain but that will not always be the case with experience will come skill and knowledge listen to your instructors and takes lots of notes

Thanks for your reply Raider,

Whats Phase1 like?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭niamh.foley

Hi All,

Was thinking about going for the GR, but after all is done and you out on the front line, what powers do you have ? do you walk the streets at 2AM at the weekends.

are you allowed to drive the car

Thanks for your reply Raider,

Whats Phase1 like?

Are you for real. Given your comments to me over the past months you now what me to advise you. What happen to " who are you to suggest anything to me and get off your high horse" ????????????

Are you for real. Given your comments to me over the past months you now what me to advise you. What happen to " who are you to suggest anything to me and get off your high horse" ????????????

I was trying to be civil and you go bringing up what went on previously,
    very mature of you!

never mind I ll ask somebody else on this forum,

ps

You already started giving advice couple of posts earlier ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Hi All,

Was thinking about going for the GR, but after all is done and you out on the front line, what powers do you have ? do you walk the streets at 2AM at the weekends.

Just put the above post on your application Niamh and I'd say you'd be hired straight away!

Hi All,

Hi niamh!

powers and that are here http://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/Pages/WP07000568

You be assigned to a unit so working whatever hours they do, yes possibly 2 am walks on the beat,

no your not allowed drive the car,thats left to full timers

hope that helps.:D

• Advertisement

I was trying to be civil and you go bringing up what went on previously,
    very mature of you!

never mind I ll ask somebody else on this forum,

ps

You already started giving advice couple of posts earlier ha!

I may have and then I reviewed your responses in the past and you seemed disinclined to take any advice then so I decided you were not the type of poster I would give any advice to . And really "ha" come back when you get through the training when you have learned to take advice from those who know better and are more experienced than you

Just put the above post on your application Niamh and I'd say you'd be hired straight away!

No need to be a smart a## she is just asking a question

No need to be a smart a## she is just asking a question

She is thinking of joining the GR so she can 'drive the car' ! and you think I'm the one being a smartass? She's obviously taking the p1ss out of you!

She is thinking of joining the GR so she can 'drive the car' ! and you think I'm the one being a smartass? She's obviously taking the p1ss out of you!

That may be the case but no such thing as a stupid question only a stupid answer but I am prepared to give the poster the benefit of the doubt

That may be the case but no such thing as a stupid question only a stupid answer but I am prepared to give the poster the benefit of the doubt

Suit yourself but don't call me names anymore OK?

Suit yourself but don't call me names anymore OK?

Why ............I thought your comment was smart a##. A simple answer would have sufficed. I thought the whole purpose of this forum was to allow those who are experienced to impart their knowledge to those who have no experience

Why ............I thought your comment was smart a##. A simple answer would have sufficed. I thought the whole purpose of this forum was to allow those who are experienced to impart their knowledge to those who have no experience

Look it's obvious that your not the sharpest toll in the box, I was only tipping you off that she is taking the p1ss out of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

Your getting old very quick raider

relax the cacks

your seeking alot of heat on here and it reads terribley

Anybody on here doing the training in march???

• Advertisement

My friend is and he only had his interview in september , his flying through it ?? just dont get the system atal

Advertisement