Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve Training

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

There is some logic to the view that there should be a number of vacancies for Reserves because certainly a number of them will be successful in the competition. I did hear that the Commissioner wanted to fast track Raider 190 to the rank of Chief Superintendent due to his expertise and knowledge.

• Site Banned Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Raider190

Santa Cruz wrote: »
    Scouser wrote: »

Don't be codded by Raider 190. For a fella coming in 4 hours a week he is an expert on everything e.g. the massive increase on Gardaí using inhalers, the number of deaf people coming in to the stations, effect of night duty on health, number of drop outs from Reserves, the "non impact" on availability of overtime by having people do the job for nothing etc. etc.
    I suppose it keeps him out of harms way

Bait away Cruz have adopted a more zen like attitude to your comments . Peace and goodwill to you

to be fair to raider i know he does alot more than 4 hours a week - hes quite committed in terms of hours and im sure his experience is broad due to that

but I agree, he does seem to have an answer for everything and Im certain he is codding me on the GR resignation rate. I would suspect even the commish would struggle with that figure

but i eagerly await his reply

You have pm me thinking you know me but have answered that you are incorrect. Shall we leave it at that and get back on topic

There is some logic to the view that there should be a number of vacancies for Reserves because certainly a number of them will be successful in the competition. I did hear that the Commissioner wanted to fast track Raider 190 to the rank of Chief Superintendent due to his expertise and knowledge.

Again Cruz bait away. Can we get back on topic

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scouser

Raider190 wrote: »

You have pm me thinking you know me but have answered that you are incorrect. Shall we leave it at that and get back on topic

sure thing

now

resignation percentage?

• Advertisement

Just some of the figures available on the Kildare street website always good for getting up to date info on Garda matters

30 November 2013
    Division Dedicated Community Gardaí Total Garda Strength Reserves Civilians
    Cavan/Monaghan 6 333 23 36
    Clare 7 293 14 31
    Cork City 27 681 66 59
    Cork North 7 303 27 25
    Cork West 3 274 25 22
    D.M.R. East 30 407 20 23
    D.M.R. North 72 719 56 43
    D.M.R. North Central 155 627 64 39
    D.M.R. South 54 569 47 28
    D.M.R. South Central 58 686 73 31
    D.M.R. West 68 718 64 47
    Donegal 29 411 28 29
    Galway 18 574 67 45
    Kerry 9 297 35 32
    Kildare 0 316 34 28
    Kilkenny/Carlow 101 289 39 25
    Laois/Offaly 18 284 30 22
    Limerick 63 588 52 48
    Louth 16 286 51 23
    Mayo 3 307 35 32
    Meath 12 287 39 27
    Roscommon/Longford 8 284 19 24
    Sligo/Leitrim 9 305 25 24
    Tipperary 89 369 40 32
    Waterford 52 274 36 30
    Westmeath 10 245 29 21
    Wexford 16 254 30 28
    Wicklow 18 329 39 21

its resignation rate/numbers we're waiting on

not current strength

its resignation rate/numbers we're waiting on

not current strength

Have pm you

Wilco can't pm you your inbox is full

Again will not engage with you so bait away

• Advertisement

sure thing

now

resignation percentage?

Such a polite request

Such a polite request

well ya dont know it man

waste of my time

well ya dont know it man

waste of my time

I have pm my response to you and that's it at an end. Let's get back on topic shall we

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

Wilco can't pm you your inbox is full

Try now

I have pm my response to you and that's it at an end. Let's get back on topic shall we

you PMd that you cannot provide me with the resignation rate as it was given to you by an internal Garda source

absolute fantasy

WilcoOut wrote: »
    Try now

No still not working you need to clear your inbox it is exceeding its capacity

you PMd that you cannot provide me with the resignation rate as it was given to you by an internal Garda source and you need to verify that im a reserve or not

you live it waltermitty land

absolute fantasy

Correct and if you do so I will gladly do so .the ball is in your court so can we now move back to topic

No still not working you need to clear your inbox it is exceeding its capacity

Iv cleared it just now

Training has changed a lot since the early days . Will it change again now that the new powers are soon to be devolved

Thanks for nothing raider

• Advertisement

I did try but I did explain why

same drivel as me im guessing

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 26 dkg93

http://garda.ie/Documents/User/Annual%20Report%202012.pdf
    Page 24 shows information regarding resignations and reserve numbers.

dkg93 wrote: »

brilliant!

finally someone who knows what theyre on about

much obliged

Could be right but it is slowing down remember it's taken 8 years to get the full capacity of 1300 members so slots will now be at a premium for the next few years . On average the resignations rate is quite low .
    If a number of reserves make it to the full time that will require more reserves to take their place so normally it's classes of 45 with three classes been attested at the same time

Raider the resignation rate is huge

278 resignations in 6 years from a max number of 1488

thats near 20%

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

I love the way Raider is trying to act important lol Imagine his ego if he ever gets to full time.. Holy jesus....

20% I knew the rate was gonna be high considering the lack of power and long, long time since any proper recruitment.. People just get tired of waiting to join the organisation..

Just wait until you see all the reserves leaving after they are let down by this years recruitment lol

dkg93 wrote: »

Well done . I had only seen the 2013 and 2014 numbers todate

Raider the resignation rate is huge

278 resignations in 6 years from a max number of 1488

thats near 20%

Not at all much higher in the private sector. Natural attrition is always going to be a factor . Turnover of staff is what's expected . If you take into account that 44 of the 278 were recruited into the regular and given the state of the economy a percentage moving abroad doesn't seem too bad to me. Oh don't forget those that have been dismissed

carzony wrote: »
    I love the way Raider is trying to act important lol Imagine his ego if he ever gets to full time.. Holy jesus....

20% I knew the rate was gonna be high considering the lack of power and long, long time since any proper recruitment.. People just get tired of waiting to join the organisation..

Just wait until you see all the reserves leaving after they are let down by this years recruitment lol

Don't need to act important and never let my ego run away with me and as for reserves leaving well time will tell

." It is always easy for those on the outside of an organisation to scoff after all what have they done . They have yet to prove themselves worthy to join. "

Can't remember who's quote this is but it is so so true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Not at all much higher in the private sector. Natural attrition is always going to be a factor . Turnover of staff is what's expected . If you take into account that 44 of the 278 were recruited into the regular and given the state of the economy a percentage moving abroad doesn't seem too bad to me. Oh don't forget those that have been dismissed

jeez 44/278 got into the regular,
    I thought that would be a much higher figure! whats that 15%!

Advertisement