Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2013- Mod Warning Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Cornerstoner

Nice to see Jake Dillion firing over the winner. Do his confidence the world of good. He had an off day against Tipp the first day and only came on for a short time against Galway. We need him firing on all cylinders this year

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭cul beag

Great to see Davy Fitz showing his true colours at the end of fulltime yesterday against WIT!! Bullying my arse! He goes on about respect and how it costs nothing to show people respect and he comes out with a barrage of abuse at one of the WIT players that's a disgrace.Check it out online i cant get the link to it.
    Now before i have the do gooders on my back about bullying im totally against it and ive no doubt that he probably was bullied before but please spare me the bulls**t,preaching from the pulpit stance that he came out with before Xmas. Ive stood behind him at college games before and his behaviour and personal attacks on opposing players is not short of disgraceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭The blue blaa

cul beag wrote: »
    Great to see Davy Fitz showing his true colours at the end of fulltiopposinge yesterday against WIT!! Bullying my arse! He goes on about respect and how it costs nothing to show people respect and he comes out with a barrage of abuse at one of the WIT players that's a disgrace.Check it out online i cant get the link to it.
    Now before i have the do gooders on my back about bullying im totally against it and ive no doubt that he probably was bullied before but please spare me the bulls**t,preaching from the pulpit stance that he came out with before Xmas. Ive stood behind him at college games before and his behaviour and personal attacks on opposing players is not short of disgraceful.

I saw that myself last night he really does himself no favours with his lack of respect towards opposing players and his admiration towards himself , if he was a bar of chocolate I'd say he'd ate himself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭robopaddy

He can mouth away all he likes hes only letting hinself down, but its when that behaviour starts to rub off on his players is when id have the issue. As mentioned here already some of the clares players behaviour against kk in ennis left a lot to be desired. If you are constantly hearing this 'everyone is out to get us' bull**** in the dressing its inevitable some lads start to beleive it after a while. It wasnt too disimilar in the ger loughnane era and it dosent do a team many favours in the long run

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH33Hqb5RNk&feature=youtube_gdata_player
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJgXGHm8QmU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Heres some highlights lads check out HE GAA channel on youtube for most college's matches and did someone mention that the final is on telly today??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭seananigans

Nice to see Jake Dillion firing over the winner. Do his confidence the world of good. He had an off day against Tipp the first day and only came on for a short time against Galway. We need him firing on all cylinders this year

Have you seen his physique lately? he's built like a rugby player ,with that kind of triangular upper back,respect to the work put in , but must wonder if it affects the mobility of his swing

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭3ships

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH33Hqb5RNk&feature=youtube_gdata_player
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJgXGHm8QmU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Heres some highlights lads check out HE GAA channel on youtube for most college's matches and did someone mention that the final is on telly today??

Yes the match is live on TG4. Munster GAA website has it down for 4.15pm throw in.
    The Sky planner says the coverage starts at 3pm but TG4 website has it at 4pm. Hopefully there will be highlights from yesterday as well

Great to see Davy Fitz showing his true colours at the end of fulltime yesterday against WIT!! Bullying my arse! He goes on about respect and how it costs nothing to show people respect and he comes out with a barrage of abuse at one of the WIT players that's a disgrace.Check it out online i cant get the link to it.

I had the same argument on the Fitzgibbon thread have a look for yourself. One poster in particular thinks he can do no wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭Slobbery

His carry on on the line is always a disgrace - he has an all Ireland now so it will always overlooked - probably seen as part of his genius

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 607 ✭✭✭jack o shea

cody and kk players will remember those antics later on in the summer i would think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Twiceasnice97

Slobbery wrote: »
    That's exactly why playing the illegal players was so unfair, they have plenty to pick from.

I wonder when a decision will be made by the GAA over this?

on this one ballysaggart should accept defeat. its not as if creggan parachuted in a few lads.

my guess is that the rule is not clear at all.
    on the one hand the competition started in 2013 and continued without creggan using these lads
    however it could be argued that the all ireland is separate and is in a different calender year which makes those lads eligible. i don`t hink its clear cut.
    after the lack of grace shown by pat bennet after the match ( who is an otherwise respectable individual from what i am told) they should step up accept defeat and focus on the waterford intermediate championship without distraction

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Twiceasnice97

cody and kk players will remember those antics later on in the summer i would think.

what has it got to do with them?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 607 ✭✭✭jack o shea

one poster said they were taking the piss with the kk lads,their not one to forget those kind of things, didnt ye try "ruffle" them in 08 all ireland and get destroyed cos of it.

one poster said they were taking the piss with the kk lads,their not one to forget those kind of things, didnt ye try "ruffle" them in 08 all ireland and get destroyed cos of it.

"Dont mention the war" lol

• Registered Users Posts: 39,510 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Well done WIT

Have you seen his physique lately? he's built like a rugby player ,with that kind of triangular upper back,respect to the work put in , but must wonder if it affects the mobility of his swing

He looked massive today all right. It didn't seem to affect his swing today though, 4 super scores. I think hes a confidence player

He looked massive today all right. It didn't seem to affect his swing today though, 4 super scores. I think hes a confidence player

That's Jake Dillon, Stood out at 12 Tony Forristal, At 16 in a Munster Minor Final and today in what was a incredible battle of endurance considering the truely epic games yesterday. Quality player and a quality Senior Intercounty player already

wrong thread

3ships wrote: »
    That's Jake Dillon, Stood out at 12 Tony Forristal, At 16 in a Munster Minor Final and today in what was a incredible battle of endurance considering the truely epic games yesterday. Quality player and a quality Senior Intercounty player already

so only the big one to go so, grand :-P

so only the big one to go so, grand :-P

Whats that the U-21:D

• Advertisement

3ships wrote: »
    Whats that the U-21:D

think he's over :-(

think he's over :-(

Thought he was under-16 in 09 Munster final could be wrong. Don't think its wrong to make a point on how strong Jake Dillon always was for his age and to 'big up' his performance today for a Waterford based team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Jake Dillon is still u21, played minor in 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,961 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I'd imagine none of the players that started today will start nxt weekend vs Dublin.

5er says pauric will play and maybe soky mossy the other free taker so that's
    no good

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I'd imagine none of the players that started today will start nxt weekend vs Dublin.

Going by Jake Dillons post match interview the team are going to have a right session on the bus back down home (and rightfully so) so I'd say the bulk of them will be on the bench next weekend alright. Similar to the Galway game really, although Paudie Mahoney will definitely start I'd imagine

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I'd imagine none of the players that startedo today will start nxt weekend vs Dublin.

Next weekend is a huge game. They are entitled to celebrate this win but id say derek mcgrath will be lookng for all hands on deck for that game and rightly so.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭sid wallace

robopaddy wrote: »
    Next weekend is a huge game. They are entitled to celebrate this win but id say derek mcgrath will be lookng for all hands on deck for that game and rightly so.
    I'd imagine Stephen O Keeffe will start.

I'd imagine Stephen O Keeffe will start.

Wasnt it o'regan played against galway? Didnt do anything wrong

• Advertisement

In fairness to O'Regan since rejoining the panel in recent years I dont think hes ever done anything overly wrong when he has played, just doesnt do anything as dramatic as SOK. I think SOK is far superior when it comes to puck outs tho, O'Regans are a bit skyed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement