Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet Discusion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

Tenger wrote: »
    Fixed that for you with planned fleet for Summer 2014.

Add in the 13 ATR-72's and 4 ATR-42's of Aer Lingus Regional.
    (incls 2 ATR-72 [-FCY, -FCZ] getting delivered around now)

Will -FCY or -FCZ actually be part of the Aer Lingus Regional fleet? Apparently -FCY was due last month but still hasn't arrived or been painted, rumours suggest Aer Arann are preparing to announce a new franchise agreement based at Southend Airport, they are currently advertising pilot positions there.

http://jobs.flightglobal.com/job/1401384315/-new-base-london-southend-atr-captains/?TrackID=4023#sc=socialmedia&me=socialmedia&cm=0

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Will -FCY or -FCZ actually be part of the Aer Lingus Regional fleet? ......

Who knows. My info is approx 2 months old.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Naoise_H

Looks like we'll be waiting even longer for those A350s to arrive. From Aer Lingus's Preliminary results 2013:
    Update on fleet
    Aer Lingus and Airbus are discussing revised delivery dates for the nine A350XWB aircraft that we have on order as the original delivery dates cannot be achieved. It is likely that we will still take nine aircraft which will be a mixture of A350-900 and A350-900R variants. Deliveries are likely to be over the period 2018 to 2020. Further details will be announced once final agreements are reached.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭dukedalton

Naoise_H wrote: »
    Looks like we'll be waiting even longer for those A350s to arrive. From Aer Lingus's Preliminary results 2013:

As an aside to that, will the introduction of a new aircraft type spur EI to change livery? The current one will be over twenty years old by 2018.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

Personally I think it's still a very fresh logo. You can't miss the green or the shamrock when you see it!

• Advertisement

A minor livery refresh might be on the cards, keeping the green and current logo which still looks rather striking and is instantly recognisable but a full brand refresh would be costly and probably unnecessary.

The delay in A350 delivery is disappointing but it's probably due to the certification of the A350-900 Regional and the lack of urgency in replacing the A330s which are still very young. Might also have something to do with prioritising the larger customers, Airbus may have offered Aer Lingus an incentive to swap slots.

In the meantime a new full flat business class seat will be fitted to the A330s from early 2015 giving them plenty of life into the second half of the decade.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

In the meantime a new full flat business class seat will be fitted to the A330s from early 2015 giving them plenty of life into the second half of the decade.

That's interesting, any details? Also, source?

• Subscribers Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Personally I think it's still a very fresh logo. You can't miss the green or the shamrock when you see it!
    A minor livery refresh might be on the cards, keeping the green and current logo which still looks rather striking and is instantly recognisable but a full brand refresh would be costly and probably unnecessary.

Agreed. I'd love to see it "cleaned up" a little though. Get rid of the lighter green around the windows and extend the blue cheatline to the nose. (Or blend the cheatline into the green to make it look like it's meant to be there - right now it just looks like someone forgot to finish it.)

Is it my imagination or was the green a slightly darker shade when the latest livery was introduced in the mid 1990s than it is today?

donvito99 wrote: »

The CEO mentioned it a few months ago and confirmed it in today's results, a picture is available in their presentation.

137dcd61-7168-4f90-af70-fcfa2b405dab.png

http://corporate.aerlingus.com/media/corporateaerlinguscom/content/pdfs/2013-preliminary-results-presentation-FINAL-2422014.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,534 ✭✭✭kub

The CEO mentioned it a few months ago and confirmed it in today's results, a picture is available in their presentation.

137dcd61-7168-4f90-af70-fcfa2b405dab.png

http://corporate.aerlingus.com/media/corporateaerlinguscom/content/pdfs/2013-preliminary-results-presentation-FINAL-2422014.pdf

Is the seat on the right cheaper than the one on the left?

donvito99 wrote: »

EDIT: must read all posts before replying to one.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Bo91

What's the news about aer lingus opening up two more routes to the states ? Hope it's thru .

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭robbieVan

Bo91 wrote: »
    What's the news about aer lingus opening up two more routes to the states ? Hope it's thru .

two new routes to north america, San Fran and Toronto

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Bo91

robbieVan wrote: »
    two new routes to north america, San Fran and Toronto

No ! I know about them , heard two new one's

• Registered Users Posts: 68,126 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Bo91 wrote: »
    No ! I know about them , heard two new one's

You didn't. The press stuff yesterday was those two.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

EI-LBT (still wearing OH-LBT marks) was rolled out in full colours at Shannon this morning. Pic Malcolm Nason on Flickr
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/shanair/12791789764/

12791789764_f5250f3380_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Naoise_H

Re these "new" Boeings, if EI are going to be upgrading their business class seats during the 2014/15 winter, surely it would have been much cheaper to put these new seats into the Boeings now, rather than putting in the old ones for a few months before replacing them at the end of the year?

Or are the new lie-flat seats only going to be installed in the A330s?

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭orionm_73

Naoise_H wrote: »
    Re these "new" Boeings, if EI are going to be upgrading their business class seats during the 2014/15 winter, surely it would have been much cheaper to put these new seats into the Boeings now, rather than putting in the old ones for a few months before replacing them at the end of the year?

Or are the new lie-flat seats only going to be installed in the A330s?

Maybe the new lie flat seats chosen by EI don't fit the B757's?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭GTE

orionm_73 wrote: »
    Maybe the new lie flat seats chosen by EI don't fit the B757's?

I read it is was A330 only, wish I knew where for a link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,534 ✭✭✭kub

Why would they go to the expense of fitting them to 757's when they are not theirs and can only operate as far as East Coast US/ Canada.

The A330's make more sense as they are their own and the range is a lot greater, eh LAX, Orlando etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭robertxxx

If I was going to JFK in December and booked now, what plane would I be on.

I hope it's not a narrow body type, as if it is i will be booking another airline.

robertxxx wrote: »

I hope it's not a narrow body type, as if it is i will be booking another airline.

From DUB or SNN?

DUB: always A330
    SNN: always 757 - but so will any other routes ex-SNN.

As above...EI will be all A330 from DUB to JFK, while SNN-JFK will be B757.

The US airlines often use B757 on their routes too. SO why not look up the options for Dec 2014 DUB(?)-JFK and look at the aircraft type each airline shows on their website.

MYOB wrote: »
    From DUB or SNN?

DUB: always A330
    SNN: always 757 - but so will any other routes ex-SNN.

DUB.

What do you mean " but so will any other routes ex-SNN"

DUB.

What do you mean " but so will any other routes ex-SNN"

Pretty much all TATL traffic to SNN is narrow-body (except Air Transat); including the other JFK carrier.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

You'll be on a wide body A330.

MYOB wrote: »
    Pretty much all TATL traffic to SNN is narrow-body ......including the other JFK carrier.
    Which is the whole rationale behind EI leasing in the B757's...they wanted to have a similar operating cost to the other carriers flying TATL from SNN.

Tenger wrote: »
    Which is the whole rationale behind EI leasing in the B757's...they wanted to have a similar operating cost to the other carriers flying TATL from SNN.

But are people not just shoehorn into the smaller plane, less comfort, less leg and shoulder room, not as smooth a flight compared to the a330.
    Yes they want to save money in operating costs, so is it though luck for the passengers, also will they pass on the reduction to passenger ticket prices.

• Advertisement

But are people not just shoehorn into the smaller plane, less comfort, less leg and shoulder room, not as smooth a flight compared to the a330.
    Yes they want to save money in operating costs, so is it though luck for the passengers, also will they pass on the reduction to passenger ticket prices.

Just because the plane is smaller it doesn't necessarily follow that passengers will have less legroom or smaller seats.

Advertisement