Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PCA/Fitness test

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭gmck26

How long does the session last for? Going to head up to the later session tonight, quite a drive to get to it but!

The session lasted for approximately 1 hour. But I would definitely go as you know exactly what the challenge is and get to try all the obstacles / equipment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭CallTheCobra

gmck26 wrote: »
    The session lasted for approximately 1 hour. But I would definitely go as you know exactly what the challenge is and get to try all the obstacles / equipment.

Thanks will def head up to the later session! What was the dress code? Suit with pair of trainers on? Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

When are you folks doing the PCA?

Are we talking a few weeks, a month?

Obviously I don't want dates, times or inside leg measurements. Just interested in the notice you get :)

Homer01 wrote: »
    When are you folks doing the PCA?

Are we talking a few weeks, a month?

Obviously I don't want dates, times or inside leg measurements. Just interested in the notice you get :)

About a months notice from when I got the pass email

Thanks; good to know :)

I'm pretty fit and active but a months notice is enough to up the training accordingly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 J_Recruit

Yeah I got the same notice. Looking forward to getting a good go at the elements tonight and then seeing what I need to improve on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭El_Triboy

Due to work, I literally can't take anything more than the essential days off. Also I live in the other end of the island, could some shed some light on this for me; I assume this PCA is passable even if you haven't seen it before, my main concern is the push pull and getting a feel for it, could anyone give me an idea as to what its like?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Jb12345

It's all simple. Just be careful. I actually knocked the bars off the tunnel when practicing so take time on those things so not to make silly mistakes.
    Push pull is OK as well. I'd worry for the girls more. Just have a strong base and rock off each leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭wanadrum

Jb12345 wrote: »
    Just out of the morning session there. One thing, wear your sports gear as you will get a good go on the equipment.
    It's actually OK, more work to do for me though to get that fitness higher.

Were there many at it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭gmck26

wanadrum wrote: »
    Were there many at it?

17 this morning. 13 males 4 females ( I think)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭student15

Do they let you know your times and your push pull reading?
    Also for fellas wear shorts or sweat bottoms?

student15 wrote: »
    Do they let you know your times and your push pull reading?
    Also for fellas wear shorts or sweat bottoms?

They tell you nothing. You can't even time yourself :confused:
    (The conspiracy theory lovers would say this is so they can 'massage' the times)

Personally I would go for shorts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Jb12345

Unless you are extremely accurate at counting seconds then no. Plus it's very stop start as so many people trying out everything. I was just in my sweats, did it fine. And the push pull she will tell you if your form is OK and she says good which I assume means you are prob OK.

Homer01 wrote: »
    They tell you nothing. You can't even time yourself :confused:
    (The conspiracy theory lovers would say this is so they can 'massage' the times)

Personally I would go for shorts :)

Heading up to the later session! Tracksuit bottoms it is!

Im for the evening session!
    Any other boardies heading to it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭picture987

student15 wrote: »
    Im for the evening session!
    Any other boardies heading to it?

Me! See you there, except I won't know who you are! Lol

picture987 wrote: »
    Me! See you there, except I won't know who you are! Lol

I was yhe young fella with the navy hoody on who were you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Don't tell me ya's didn't organise to meet each other? :eek:

Welll not till hotel G

Was good to get to the familiarisation session for the PCA, great to get a run through everything! Many boardies at tonight's session? I was the fella wearing the all blacks top :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Rizzley

Was a busy session!

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭wanadrum

Was good to get to the familiarisation session for the PCA, great to get a run through everything! Many boardies at tonight's session? I was the fella wearing the all blacks top :)

I was there, definitely worthwhile - happy enough with it I think - should be ok!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭biker701

Would you walk up to someone and ask "are you from THE INTERNET?" :pac: Are you told on the day if you have passed/failed or will it be a waiting game?

I recognise you! Haha was busy!
    Who else was there

Rizzley wrote: »
    Was a busy session!

What were you wearing?
    In a totally non creepy way....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

biker701 wrote: »
    Would you walk up to someone and ask "are you from THE INTERNET?" :pac: Are you told on the day if you have passed/failed or will it be a waiting game?

I would yeh. I don't think i'd be intelligent enough to come up with an idea of PM'ing some of the crew heading at the same date and time like. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭picture987

Yeah you'll get told on the day, but not right away, I think you get an envelope leaving. I was a female, grey jumper, black legging thingys, hopefully see some of you again on test day

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Maverick89

I was also there tonight. Thought I would sign up as have been lurking for a while. Spent most of the night talking to a guy who said he posted on the boards. The evening was definitely beneficial anyway and put the mind at ease a bit.

Tell you what being there makes you want to be in there training so much more!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Job4life

I was there, had grey lycra running bottoms on, very skinny legs, lol. Was a good evening. Hopefully we'll meet again if we're successful

Advertisement