Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

I know someone working in liebherr...nice car, out every weekend, travelled half the world with them (working) all for free!! bastard

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭listrybabe

I know someone working in liebherr...nice car, out every weekend, travelled half the world with them (working) all for free!! bastard

sounds like a very lky git,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭dobman88

If 50k basic is correct they are absolute fools to be protesting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭listrybabe

i really doubt if any factory worker is on 50k basic, but then maybe micheal99999 is correct in saying that, sounds ludicrous if they picketing whilst earning that kind of money

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

listrybabe wrote: »
    i really doubt if any factory worker is on 50k basic, but then maybe micheal99999 is correct in saying that, sounds ludicrous if they picketing whilst earning that kind of money

They are fitters and welders, not factory workers. And yes they are on 50 k basic, before any overtime or shift allowance. And the new deal let's them finish at one o clock on a Friday.

• Advertisement

Yes, but he could be working in russia in -40 or in dubai in +40 degree weather. The work on the road is very tough work!

They are fitters and welders, not factory workers. And yes they are on 50 k basic, before any overtime or shift allowance. And the new deal let's them finish at one o clock on a Friday.

So they are getting a brilliant deal that any professional would snap in a heart beat and they are complaining??? I suppose that's greed for ya, give someone an inch........

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Just reading Rte online report about Liebherr situation. It says that the average salary is 52k for skilled workers there. Note factory workers usually mean assembly line workers and would not be classified as skilled workers. The workers here are skilled. It doesn't say starting salary so average would incorporate those who would be there years and had various increment rises over the years. That sounds about right to me for skilled workers of a long established multi national where long standing perks and pay agreements would have been in place. I really think the union is shooting itself in the foot here. It's all the more frustrating if the demands are being made by a union that represents less than half the workers will jeopardize all workers job security.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 toffee dave

I can say 100%,That the skilled workers are not on 52k basic a year.Even when shift allowance is added to the basic rate,It does not add up to 52k.

I have to ask toffee dave,Do you work at Liebherr.

• Advertisement

So Liebherr have released a statement saying they are assessing the value of fabrication in the killarney plant to the company worldwide.

I hope the 300 strikers are prepared for the loss of 1000 jobs if liebherr pull the plug!

So Liebherr have released a statement saying they are assessing the value of fabrication in the killarney plant to the company worldwide.

I hope the 300 strikers are prepared for the loss of 1000 jobs if liebherr pull the plug!

Link for that?

This is all I could find http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/tds-to-raise-fallout-from-liebherr-statement-with-minister-and-german-ambassador/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Yes, but he could be working in russia in -40 or in dubai in +40 degree weather. The work on the road is very tough work!

doesnt stop him from seeing the world

doesnt stop him from seeing the world

Get your qualifications and you can too !

• Registered Users Posts: 3 greengold96

I can say 100%,That the skilled workers are not on 52k basic a year.Even when shift allowance is added to the basic rate,It does not add up to 52k.

I notice micheal999999 hasnt answered ur question yet ...

ciaeim wrote: »
    JUST A FEW CORRECTIONS ABOVE, HOPE YOU DONT MIND.

50k basic are you for real..skilled workers ie fitters, turners ,sparkies etc are on 15.70 ph x 37.5 hrs x 52 weeks = 30,712 basic . by the time prsi ,tax, usc, health insurance, pension, are taken out how much you think is left ?
    unskilled workers are on 13.27 ph works out at 25,876 a year. long shot from 50k that you claim.
    one point that everyone seems to be missing is that the labour court ruled in favour of the men and not the company, the company that made in the region of 63 million profit in the first 4 years of this dispute. i as an employee am on less money now with higher living expences than 5 years ago when this all started, do you think this is right? if liebherr were making a loss AS WE WERE LEAD TO BELIEVE a couple of years ago then this would not be an issue , but alas this is not the case. And maybe for future reference get your facts straight and dont depend on 'what you heard today'.

So you really want us to believe that there is only 2.50 an hour difference between what the sparkies and fitters are getting paid and what the unskilled workers are getting. Ya that sounds plausible alright, I'm sure the union workers would stand for that!

And what would you like the company to do about your high living expences?

Shut down the company with your striking and trust me it will be a lot harder to meet those expences!

I notice micheal999999 hasnt answered ur question yet ...

Interesting and insightful first post!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 greengold96

Interesting and insightful first post!

Still waiting...

• Advertisement

3,, you know no-one asked for your opinion only that you deal in facts and not spread malicious gossip

There are no fitters welders or sparks working for the rates you mentioned , it seems you may have to go back to your union statement to answer me so I shall wait your response!

Oh you say with the wages you get there that you are struggling to survive. How did the two weeks in florida go?

If you don't like other peoples opinions, maybe you shouldn't use public forums!

dobman88 wrote: »
    I have to ask toffee dave,Do you work at Liebherr.

Hi dobman88.I do work at Liebherr.I am a fitter on the factory floor for the last 16 years.

Hi dobman88.I do work at Liebherr.I am a fitter on the factory floor for the last 16 years.

Ok, could you shed some light on a basic wage? Is 50k accurate?

My opinion, I don't think 50k is accurate. More along the lines of 30k imo.

There are no fitters welders or sparks working for the rates you mentioned , it seems you may have to go back to your union statement to answer me so I shall wait your response!

Oh you say with the wages you get there that you are struggling to survive. How did the two weeks in florida go?

If you don't like other peoples opinions, maybe you shouldn't use public forums!

tbf, you don't know how long or how hard that person saved for their holiday. They could have been saving for years for all we know.

Bit childish to drag a completely different topic into the conversation for a personal dig imo.

Im a fitter at Liebherr,and ciaeim is spot on as regards the rate's of pay.michael999999,may i ask you again do you work at Liebherr.In your own words.I shall await your response.

Just wondering where I said I was struggling. And my holiday has absolutely nothing to do with any of this and yea I did enjoy my time in Florida thank you.

Aaaammm, I think you got the wrong post? I was agreeing with you, not the other poster.!!

dobman88 wrote: »
    Ok, could you shed some light on a basic wage? Is 50k accurate?

My opinion, I don't think 50k is accurate. More along the lines of 30k imo.

The wage is closer to 30k.There is also a bonus system in place,where if you complete a set amount of work per week.Your bonus is worth an additional 35%.A tradesman who is hitting his bonus target every week and also working shift would be close to 50k.The shift is worth around 8k ayear.So the 50k is inclusive of working shift and hitting bonus every week.

The wage is closer to 30k.There is also a bonus system in place,where if you complete a set amount of work per week.Your bonus is worth an additional 35%.A tradesman who is hitting his bonus target every week and also working shift would be close to 50k.The shift is worth around 8k ayear.So the 50k is inclusive of working shift and hitting bonus every week.

In that case they should be happy with what they are getting and able to live comfortably. I don't earn 20k a year and I live quite comfortably. Don't see what all these Liebherr folk are complaining about. Just sounds like greed to me.

And do the people picketing the gate think they will get rates of pay like that anywhere else?

Because if liebherr does close over it, there will be a lot of shocked people coming out of there when they realise what's going on in the real world!

• Advertisement

And do the people picketing the gate think they will get rates of pay like that anywhere else?

Because if liebherr does close over it, there will be a lot of shocked people coming out of there when they realise what's going on in the real world!
    If you are not working shift and you do not make your bonus every week.The wage is a long way away from 50k.Im not on here to fight with people.But this bullsxxt that we are on 52k a year is very misleading.As ive said already im a fitter and ive never earned 50k a year there.There are people earning that who are working shift/overtime etc,and gd luck to em.But coming out with sweeping statements that the wage is 52k across the board is plain false.

Advertisement