Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Discussion thread for those who've read all the books?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭knealecat

I have not read any of the books and was really p+++ed that season 4 has now been spoiled for me. What a complete wan+++ BC is. And its the first time i have watched his show, just to see the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

knealecat wrote: »
    I have not read any of the books and was really p+++ed that season 4 has now been spoiled for me. What a complete wan+++ BC is. And its the first time i have watched his show, just to see the interview.

Then begone from this thread. We discuss EVERYTHING on this thread.

RUNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Joffrey, Cersei, Ilyn Payne, The Hound

Joffrey, Cersei, Ilyn Payne, The Hound ... Brendan O'Connor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

NiallMH93 wrote: »
    Another reason to hate O'Connor, as if we needed one. The only saving grace is that hardly anyone watches his sh*te show to begin with.

You took the words right out of my mouth.. Brendan Ó Connor, what a fückin gobshîte....

Joffrey, Cersei, Ilyn Payne, The Hound ... Brendan O'Connor

What do we say to death Brendan? Today mother****er, today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

What do we say to death Brendan? Today mother****er, today!

Valar morgulis

• Registered Users Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭abff

Seriously though, it says a lot about Brendan's lack of professionalism that he would come out with something like that. Clearly he's more interested in being a smartarse than in doing his job properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Gbear wrote: »
    Brendan O'Carroll, the absolute ****ing mong, just said on his ****ty amateur pile of **** to Jack Gleeson "Am I right in saying that Joffrey dies in this next season?".

Jesus Christ in a bucket.

And Mrs Browns Boys is a load of bollocks aswell!!!!

:mad:

:eek:

:pac:

Guys I've just realised people are getting confused between O Carroll & O Connor! It was O Connor!

Guys I've just realised people are getting confused between O Carroll & O Connor! It was O Connor!
    They're both total toolsheds. O Connor thinks he's clever and O Carroll thinks he's funny. Fúckin gowlers the both of them...

• Advertisement

GerB40 wrote: »
    They're both total toolsheds. O Connor thinks he's clever and O Carroll thinks he's funny. Fúckin gowlers the both of them...

O I know buddy, infact I hate the latter more then the other wanker. Ah well that is another discussion in another thread & Winter is coming.

O I know buddy, infact I hate the latter more then the other wanker. Ah well that is another discussion in another thread & Winter is coming.
    A friend of mine who watches the show but doesn't read the books text me yesterday to tell me a certain Family Guy character dies. I was shocked but quick on the ball so I text back "One of Daenarys' dragons kills her". He rang me up in a panic sayin he doesn't care about the show anymore and he was gonna look everything up about ASOIAF online. I had to tell him it was bùllshît but I had my laugh and that's all that counts....

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Burt Macklin

A friend of mine who watches the show but doesn't read the books text me yesterday to tell me a certain Family Guy character dies. I was shocked but quick on the ball so I text back "One of Daenarys' dragons kills her". He rang me up in a panic sayin he doesn't care about the show anymore and he was gonna look everything up about ASOIAF online. I had to tell him it was bùllshît but I had my laugh and that's all that counts....
    GOT is possibly the only show in existence where one half of the fan-base know what's coming and can threaten the rest with spoilers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

NiallMH93 wrote: »
    GOT is possibly the only show in existence where one half of the fan-base know what's coming and can threaten the rest with spoilers :D

nah, home and away and neighbors. Damn them austrailians always phoning me up to tell me libby might be dying in 6 months

(I may have not seen either show in a long time)

nah, home and away and neighbors. Damn them austrailians always phoning me up to tell me libby might be dying in 6 months

(I may have not seen either show in a long time)

Ah yeah but both those shows are shíte.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

Ah yeah but both those shows are shíte.

and?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭abff

Can't disagree with that. The only difference is that some people find O'Carroll funny.

abff wrote: »
    Can't disagree with that. The only difference is that some people find O'Carroll funny.

My family for example. When I see them watchin Mrs Browns boys and laughing their bõllox off my heart breaks. Meanwhile the Only Fools & Horses boxset gathers dust. Winter can't come quickly enough...

Question for you all, who do you reckon will be sitting on the Iron Throne by the end of the series? Also how and why if you can be arsed :)

The more I think about how the TV show has portrayed certain elements of characters with the makers knowing the end game makes me think Jon will be on the throne with or without Dany(although I think Dany will die in the last book) with Tyrion as his hand. With believe it or not a redeemed Jamie as head of the Kingsguard.

I think the show put extra effort in to showing Jon developing a relationship with Tyrion while at the wall so I'm pretty sure they will meet again, I just got that feeling about the way the show done it did anyone else? I know people are set on Jon warging in to ghost but I think that even if that did indeed happen he will find himself back in his human form at some point be it by the red lady or other ways. After which he will not have to fulfill his oath to the NW's head north or south. I also think as stated before that Littlefinger will be around until the very end and at some point probably through a Sansa admission he will be outed for the one that started all this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Hard to see Jon there. Hard to see him being alive in his original body, without which he would have no claim to the throne (if indeed he has one now).
    Dany is the obvious choice but it's hard to know with this George Martin lunatic. Could be Gendry even.
    My guess would be - if Dany can in fact have a child that it will be her heir. Not sure who daddy will be though.
    But knowing Martin, it will probably be zombie catyln or something.

• Advertisement

Sorry I should have said that my theory goes along with Jon being Rhaegar's son and that was the secret Ned was keeping as most people believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Sorry I should have said that my theory goes along with Jon being Rhaegar's son and that was the secret Ned was keeping as most people believe.
    Yeah, its just that that has to be true AND Jon has to get back into his body for that to happen and it just seems unlikely.

Mousewar wrote: »
    Yeah, its just that that has to be true AND Jon has to get back into his body for that to happen and it just seems unlikely.

I would have felt that way too if it wasn't for the show. The makers know how the whole things end. I just find it strange the way they have portrayed certain areas while in the books you'd think nothing of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Mousewar wrote: »

Well his Targ parentage is probably correct, and there is no guarantee that Jon actually died in that last scene.

That final chapter was left open to interpretation.

So I think Jon still lives, and hopefully in his own body, and not after warging. But that said, I don't ever see him on the Iron Throne, or at least, never gave it any thought.

With The Others coming, surely the Iron Throne should be less and less important in the next few books.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

If Jon is not Ned's bastard, how do we explain his Warg abilities like the other Stark children?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

Neds sister is the mother is the theory... "You may not have my name, but you have my blood"

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Ah yes, how could I forget the reason for Robert's rebellion in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

I don't know! :P

To be honest Jon being alive will take some serious explaining.. I'm getting a bit sick of everyone surviving these clear death situations! Of course I'd prefer him to survive... :(

My whole basis for what I said is that the makers of the show KNOW the ending, they have been told. Look out how they are treating certain characters and their relationships around them. You could potentially see Rob's death a mile away comparing it to the others. I think they are investing so much time in Jon in general & his relationship with Tyrion in the first few episodes for a reason, they will meet again face to face. Bran, Tyrion, Sansa,Ayra, Jamie or Brienne & Theon look like they will be very much end game too.

The show knows which characters they need to invest time in to. I have a feeling Sam is going to die in the next book because they aren't investing enough time in him on the show for a reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Cliste wrote: »
    To be honest Jon being alive will take some serious explaining..

Well I am clutching at straws, hoping he is alive.

The whole he never felt the 3rd or 4th knife line, I hope that's because there wasn't one, that Tormund and co broke up the assassination and killed all the Nights Watch men attacking Jon.

Them Nights Watch men need killing badly, no good to anyone.

So I hope Jon survived the stabbing.

Advertisement