Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 - First Impressions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Who the fcuk designed that feckin ship?

Having the galley and sick bay together is ****ing genius.

This is Medal of Honor bad. One of the worst single player FPS I've played.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

The famas I think is going to be nerfed in an update it seams anyone coming up against it one on one with another gun doesn't have a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    in bf3 the m416 was my favourite gun. dont like it as much in bf4 but the Aug is f*cking amazing, I absolutely love this gun and was disgusted moving on to the m16a4 after running with the aug for half a day. I got a 20% acuracy with it overall after about a 130 kills. most of my assault rifles are around 14% this gun is my gun! I love it.

the Famas does not have any recoil it seems, it also has pretty much no ammo with me needing to reload after each kill, not a happy bunny when I was outnumbered.

Famas is overpowered and is gonna be nerfed after the Nerf the lack of medium long range accuracy will make it a balls of a weapon

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

fergus1001 wrote: »
    Famas is overpowered and is gonna be nerfed after the Nerf the lack of medium long range accuracy will make it a balls of a weapon

I would have thought the feck all ammo in the clip was a nerf enough as it is, you can win any fight 1v1 with it, but if there are more then 1 enemy you are f*cked as the reload is sloooooooooow

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Who the fcuk designed that feckin ship?

Having the galley and sick bay together is ****ing genius.

This is Medal of Honor bad. One of the worst single player FPS I've played.

Its all about MP, SP means sweet F all to BF series and rightly so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Theres a ship in SP?

Actually theres an SP ? :D

Dcully wrote: »
    Its all about MP, SP means sweet F all to BF series and rightly so.

Couldnt agree more but why waste the resources developing a campaign mode?

Especially when the game is so error laden it's hilarious.

Why not push co-op mode onwards more instead of dropping it altogether?

How do you use the Xp boosts from battlepacks?

hit escape during a game and you can activate one in the bottom right corner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I thought the SP in BF3 was pretty OK. Not pushed about playing BF4's SP, but I'll give it a go eventually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    hit escape during a game and you can activate one in the bottom right corner.

I thought that I was going mad. So that's how it's done

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

Do you unlock MP weapons by completing SP assignments ? Not pushed about playing SP, but I will if there's unlocks to be had.
    Wish they'd kept and expanded the co-op mode

Mad_Dave wrote: »
    Do you unlock MP weapons by completing SP assignments ? Not pushed about playing SP, but I will if there's unlocks to be had.
    Wish they'd kept and expanded the co-op mode

yeah 5 or so, click on assignments and its the bottom 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Some small things I love in the game:

- battlepickups such as the 50 cal sniper rifles, great fun & WHAM what a noise

- bonus points for following squad leader orders - good to see team work being buffed

- getting killed by an ammo drop!

- Golmund Railway rush and the destruction is just epic

- the PLD and sniping is great...

I'll give it a go eventually.

No good can come from this.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Have to say while I'm utterly enjoying it cause I love the series, it's pretty much just a BF3 re-skin for me.

I don't play on high settings, nor does anyone I play with. Maybe the game looks lovely and new and shiny, but playstyle and just about everything else, feels exactly the same.

While it's actually a good thing, it's disappointing there isn't a new feel to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

TheDoc wrote: »
    Maybe the game looks lovely and new and shiny, but playstyle and just about everything else, feels exactly the same.

no. no it doesn't

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

TheDoc wrote: »
    Maybe the game looks lovely and new and shiny, but playstyle and just about everything else, feels exactly the same.

While it's actually a good thing, it's disappointing there isn't a new feel to it.

That's mad, to me the game feels completely different to bf3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I wasn't mad on BF3, already put more hours into BF4 then I did BF3 in total!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

just been playing the bf4 campaign I like it. well its nice to run around and shoot ****? :D. So far im not overly amazed bye it but its ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

I played 100, s of hours on bf3
    and I just got bf4 on the 360 and im not instantly impressed the graphics dont look anyway near as good as bf3
    am I the only one that thinks this about bf4
    the sound quality is spot on thou

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

Ok so I have played a good bit now and there are some pros and cons I can think of.

Overall It is great when the game doesn't crash and as soon as these problems are sorted then it can only get better.

While a lot of people reckon it is totally diff to BF3 I actually do think that it is very similar in many ways. The mechanics of the game are pretty much the same as BF3. Movement feels a little sharper with the new FB eng but really its just that bit smoother and not a big change as far as the engine and overall running of the game goes. This is not to be confused with guns, maps, vehicles etc

In saying that though, Tanks, copters and the likes all handle exactly the same IMO

I love the sound of the weapons and overall the sound is a much more polished experience when it doesn't cut out.

Running an i5 and 6950 with an SSD is where I am most impressed. The optimization has been really tuned well and for lower end cards you still get a really decent looking game and no stuttering for me at all since playing.

I can't really comment on the maps as I have not played them all but not overly impressed and so far they are my biggest disappointment.

They must have made it easier to score hits with the rpgs in this one, I've had some absolutely mental RPG hits including:

Hitting a Jet from the side of a little bird and (my favourite) hitting a little bird while riding a rib boat after we ramped over a piece of debris in flood zone and flew underneath.

I was cheering and laughing for a bit after that, mostly cause it didnt sink in that I'd hit it until we had sped pass and I looked back to see the helicopter spinning out of control and I saw multi kill flash on my screen.

I've had a good run tonight, unlocked all the assualt rifles including the ace, got a load of new paint jobs, had some pretty good runs with the engineer and support and even got a few sweet sniper headshots (and I suuuuuck at sniping) still a quality game.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

ktulu123 wrote: »

Really? Feels the exact same, and I was playing BF3 right up until BF4 launch

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

ktulu123 wrote: »

I have to agree,the gun mechanics in particular are a lot better imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

So I played the campaign last night and then jumped into a gael lords server for an hour an honestly I am impressed bye bf4 I'm running a amd rig and it plays just fine.

Campaighn is interesting if a little short. Multiplayer its my first Battle feild title on pc before that I was ps3. Whats changed everything for me the game feels sharper smoother also hit markers are amazing when I shoot at some one I generally hit them which is nice. Lighting is amazing to look at I've never seen lighting quite as dynamic in a game.

To be fair I havent had a crash yet so Maybe just some rigs? Over all I'm looking forward to sinking hour into bf4 just need to find some fellow ptfoers to play with :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Had a go at the campaign last night with my new 780, man the game is beautiful!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Wierd one;

I have more kills in BF4 in the Anti-Air vehicle in one round (Rush on Floodzone) last night than in the whole BF3 (after 769 hours).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭ewj1978

It does seem way easier to shoot down aircraft.

• Advertisement

mozattack wrote: »
    Wierd one;

I have more kills in BF4 in the Anti-Air vehicle in one round (Rush on Floodzone) last night than in the whole BF3 (after 769 hours).

AA (especially the lav) was op as sh*t for a brief time in BF3 and then it got nerfed to hell. I get the feeling the BF4 AA might join it in that nerfing.

though you can load 30mm and zuni rockets into the AA and it can go toe to toe with the IFVs and boats if you want :D

Advertisement