Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

tk123 any chance you would explain to this dumdum how Parcel Motel works? I know there is a collection point at a filling station close to me. I use VetUK all the time and reducing the cost of P&P would be awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

boomerang wrote: »
    tk123 any chance you would explain to this dumdum how Parcel Motel works? I know there is a collection point at a filling station close to me. I use VetUK all the time and reducing the cost of P&P would be awesome!

You sign up and they give an address in NI...then when you're checking out on vetuk, amazon etc you use the NI address as your delivery address and get free uk shipping. Once it hits Parcel Motel in NI it gets brought down South and left in the parcel motel at the petrol station and you get a txt/mail to say it's there and you just pay €3.50.(assuming you fit to the size and weight limits on their site). I use it all the time when there's free UK shipping or if I want something in a hurry - you can order on amazon and have the parcel the next day. I have one near my house and also one around the corner from work so very handy - my new raincoat is sitting in the one near work ready for collection tomorrow morning lol! :p.

That's brilliant! Thank you SO much!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Taking Sam for a walk earlier on the green, when I noticed something huge coming towards us, thought it was a horse, nope a Great Dane, he was massive, I was nervous at first, then he started bouncing around like a puppy

His owner came over laughing, and kept pointing to his ears, took me a while to get it, he was completely deaf. He communicated with the dog through hand signals, it was amazing to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I caught one of our cats, Rocky, grooming a coconut in the fruit bowl.
    Yes, a coconut. Bizarre!
    He's done it several times now. He must like the "hairy" texture!

• Advertisement

Heroditas wrote: »
    I caught one of our cats, Rocky, grooming a coconut in the fruit bowl.
    Yes, a coconut. Bizarre!
    He's done it several times now. He must like the "hairy" texture!

LOL! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭nala2012

Woke up this morning and came downstairs. Thought nala had pooped but it was actually 4 stones that she'd puked! We weren't at the beach yesterday so must've swallowed them wednesday. She's toileting and eating fine, she wasn't off form at all... Still gonna bring her for check up in case there's more. Anyone any experience of this? I sometimes through her stones to chase at the beach but never thought she was eating them.

A friend's dog did the same eating/catching the stones but they didn't come back up and had to be removed! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I've seen surgery to have stones removed roughly 6 months after being ingested, every possibility was exhausted as to what was causing the dogs upset stomach as it only happened at random times and that, eventually he was xrayed and had the surgery. The stone was so eroded after all that time, it was amazing to see! So yeah, I would deffo go for a check up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

We have finally agreed on a name for the kitten, we had chosen Isabelle but it didn't suit her (once she settled in and showed her true personality) so she's now called Ruby, will post a few new pics later in the pics thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Benson's growth is benign. BENIGN!!!! :D:D:D:D

So, so relieved. He's just had to watch me do a dance around the kitchen (I actually did a bit of a moonwalk!) and then I brought him in to his 'daddy' in the office so we could have a family hug!!

Vet said that they were 'fairly convinced' from the 3 samples taken that it was a histeocytoma and that it may get larger but then shrivel up and fall off. On the very slim chance that it doesn't shrivel then in a months time we can do a follow up, send off again to be doubly sure but as she said the lab was 'fairly convinced'.

Whoo hoo!!

Amazing news!! Delighted for ye :D

Yaaay glad Benson is ok! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Thats fantastic Borderlinemeath, a good news day:D:)

Well I almost choked myself earlier when I was eating and started laughing at the dogs :p I made a 'destruction box' (cardboard boxed with holes poked in it and a load of treats in it. Lucy got stuck in but Bailey was a bit worried by it moving around and bashing into everything so held it for him to give him turns etc...Anyways they managed to pull a flap at on one end and Lucy put her head in to eat the treats...and got her head stuck!! LOL - she came running at us with this huge box on her head and Bailey fell over trying to get away!! I'm in fits just typing it lol!!! If only I was quicker with the camera! :D:D

Worried about how Sam would react with strangers in about the house while we get our bathroom refitted, saw Sam running around with the football in his mouth and a tiler chasing him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭nala2012

Just to update on stone eating Nala! Brought her to the vet yesterday and they said not to worry and it was most likely a once off as she wasn't sick before or after that and she hasn't had any problems going to the toilet. I asked about doing a x ray and they said when she had no symptoms they wouldn't think it necessary. I brought her to the beach yesterday and she was looking at me waiting for me to throw her stones. So annoying because she doesn't actually fetch or return things so can't bring a ball with me...

Bring a buoyant ball or ring tied to a long line of nylon rope and chuck it into the water for her! It'll make a very satisfying splash to catch her attention. :) I used to throw seaweed into the waves for my girl. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

I was lying down on the couch with umi on my lap and my boyfriend went to hang up one of our pictures. The noise of the drill freaked her out and she scratched my hand and face really badly in her scramble to get away :( ow

I was lying down on the couch with umi on my lap and my boyfriend went to hang up one of our pictures. The noise of the drill freaked her out and she scratched my hand and face really badly in her scramble to get away :( ow

I have scars from when Cream got me on the leg trying to scarper away from something.. it's not fun!!

It's so cold, I would really love to curl up on the couch under the blanket but I haven't the heart to move Cream and Dude off of it, they look so cosy!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Was at the beach earlier with the dogs and I went over to the bin to put the poo in it. Coco came over to investigate and she was sniffing round the bin which I didn't think anything of at the time. I decided to put her lead on and as I bent down to attach in a big rat jumped out of the bin and scurried off behind it! I got such a fright and screamed and jumped backwards. I had 3 dogs attached to my walking belt and as I jumped back I got tangled in them and fell over, flat on my face! I'm sure the other beach walkers thought I was a bit mad!

I have scars from when Cream got me on the leg trying to scarper away from something.. it's not fun!!

It's so cold, I would really love to curl up on the couch under the blanket but I haven't the heart to move Cream and Dude off of it, they look so cosy!!

The arm ones are pretty bad and will scar. Thankfully the huge face one isn't too deep just looks nasty! It's definitely blanket weather!

My brother is staying at our house pet sitting our 4 cats next Friday til Sunday, he's got cats of his own so he's well used to them. Poppy's still not sure of him yet so we're still a bit anxious about going away. But we really need the break.

Talking about scarring, I remember my brother telling me years ago that at a medical for a job he'd applied for, the doctor saw the scars on his arms and asked him if he self-harmed:eek:. The scars were from his cat Karenin, he'd let him hang off his arm when he was a kitten and Karrie never grew out of the habit as he got older:D

My boyfriends sister came over for dinner earlier and said my arm looks like i've been self harming :pac: Guess its long sleeves for me for a while!

Bailey barked at a guy we've passed every morning for months this morning. I've no idea why he was suddenly afriad of the guy but after his reaction I can see why he wanted him to go away from us. The guy turned a bit nasty and came at us stamping at Bailey and made things ten times worse. The thing is this guy is in the park every morning - I'm honeslty a bit worried now about crossing paths with him again after this morning :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Looks like I've finally managed to stop Rocky peeing against the extraction unit on top of the kitchen cupboards.
    Spraying the area with eucalyptus oil still wasn't stopping him but it appears that laying kitchen foil on top of the units has solved the problem.
    I thought kitchen foil was one of those old wives tales but it appears to work. :)

Taking Sam out for his afternoon walk on the green, couldn't let him off though cos a Yorkie was following us yapping and growling. I'm surprised Sam kept his cool and just walked beside me.

The owner just came over and smiled :rolleyes:

I get so annoyed when strangers pass comment on Felix's weight. Yes we know he's seriously overweight and yes we're doing all we can about it, but I really don't appreciate the 'oh he's a big lad' comments from people. If I went to someone's house and called their child fat I wouldn't be long there before I was asked to leave:mad:

Toby doesn't trust me feeding our tabby visitor. As soon as he hears me open the back door he's down to investigate so I've to try to lock him out of the kitchen when putting food out for tabby, unfortunately I wasn't quick enough this morning and Toby chased him off so he only got a few mouthfuls. Wishs I knew what the story with tabby is. He usualy comes twice a day for food. Sometimes he's ravenous and sometimes he doesn't want it:confused: He's out there now tucking in and he'll wait hours for us to come out, I can feed him but I just can't take in a 5th cat:(

I feel so awful, we always have the bedrooms doors closed if my Dad is home because he doesn't like the cats in the beds, but there is one door that can be pushed open by them if you don't click it out fully. Last night the door wasn't fully closed and Cream went down there. Heard an awful screech so I ran down to the room to find his leg caught in the window, he had been trying to escape. It's not broken and he's walking on it but limping. I feel so awful about it, I'm always so careful in closing that door :( I'll be bringing him to the vet for his vaccines tomorrow so will get them to have a look.. my poor baby :(

• Advertisement

Advice PLS!!
    My mum usually minds Bailey while I'm at work but has to go out tomorrow morning for a few hours...
    - Do I chance him in daycare - he went in for the first time in months the week before last delighted and had a great day..but last friday was too stressed when I was leaving him and after a few trys of taking him in I ended up dropping him home to my mum:(
    - Or do we leave him home alone for the few hours - which we've never done for fear of him barking the place down and hurting himself (we had a few years of him needing operations, recovering etc etc etc so never chanced it)? On one hand he mightn't be too bad because I'll already be gone... but on the other what if he gets too stressed out and does damage to himself/the house? Crating isn't an option because he used to try and break out of the crate in daycare with his nose and I think it'd stress him out more!
    GAH!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement