Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I assume your all using these things for completely legal purposes of course :) I personally have often used the first one to ideally find links from the 2nd one but also allow me options if it isn't on the ball that day.

Research of course. :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

im researching some stuff right now! can't bayte a bit o researching

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

In my previous research Kat was .phar better than Isohunt. Jaybob was always the most downloaded thing on there and I've no clue what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Oddly research for me involves less torrenting and more google image search. :pac:

brain can't match real name to boards name at the moments, argh.

Happy Birthday to the corkonian PW regular who used to partake in the BWA on these here boards... you know who you are!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Dammit, Stoke really threw that away. Would have been amazing to see Moyes drop points at home yet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Went to the premier of Thor on Thursday. Fantastic film. The whole cinema was in tears from laughter and sadness. Hope you all watch it!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Went to the premier of Thor on Thursday. Fantastic film. The whole cinema was in tears from laughter and sadness. Hope you all watch it!

Cant wait for it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

brain can't match real name to boards name at the moments, argh.

Happy Birthday to the corkonian PW regular who used to partake in the BWA on these here boards... you know who you are!

TY Much :)

gawd dammit I knew it! still to this day I get yourself and DM-ICE mixed up on certain things and this is the most recent one and the reason I didn't just guess it twas yourself.

Hope your having a good one, not always your bday is actually on a Saturday night and iirc the clocks go back tonight so your getting an extra hour to partay / sleep it off. (at least they are going back in Germany tonight)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

gawd dammit I knew it! still to this day I get yourself and DM-ICE mixed up on certain things and this is the most recent one and the reason I didn't just guess it twas yourself.

Hope your having a good one, not always your bday is actually on a Saturday night and iirc the clocks go back tonight so your getting an extra hour to partay / sleep it off. (at least they are going back in Germany tonight)

Cheers man, enjoyed it but that extra hour is throwing me now, got up thinking the Sunderland/Newcastle was on:rolleyes:

Enough with yer video game talk, King Fernando is back!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Marcia Wallace (voice of Edna Krabappel) passed away at 70 over the weekend. Simpsons producers say they'll retire the character.

1390777_608689679169352_1563412740_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wonder if they'll retire the character completely or will they dowhat they did with Lionel Hutz and keep him in the background occasionally without him speaking.

Yeah, they initially retired Lunchlady Doris but after a few years, had her in the background and then brought her fully back speaking 7 years after the original voice actress (Doris Grau) passed. Edna was a much bigger character though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭kksaints

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Yeah, they initially retired Lunchlady Doris but after a few years, had her in the background and then brought her fully back speaking 7 years after the original voice actress (Doris Grau) passed. Edna was a much bigger character though.

I wonder would they do the simplest option and stop using classroom scenes or would they be willing to change a little and say move Bart and his class to the fifth grade?

Also they were saying they were going to kill off a character? Will it be someone else do you reckon or will it be just Edna being retired?

kksaints wrote: »
    Also they were saying they were going to kill off a character? Will it be someone else do you reckon or will it be just Edna being retired?

Edna fit the bill, given the actress had won an Emmy for her work on The Simpsons. Had read that the death wasn't hugely surprising, and wonder if the plan was to kill Edna and give the actress some time off for her own well being. Also would have been dramatic irony if Ned lost a second lover....

Think they said it wouldn't be Edna that they killed off.

It's not her, but she does fit the bill.
    Krabappel had an entire storyline planned revolving around her newly-wedded life with Ned Flanders. Although Wallace was not able to work on voicing her character in the past few weeks because of her health, producers never wrote her out of the script. "Earlier we had discussed a potential storyline in which a character passed away. This was not Marcia's Edna Krabappel. Marcia's passing is unrelated and again, a terrible loss for all who had the pleasure of knowing her," Jean said in a statement, reports the Huffington Post.
    Credit here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Edna fit the bill, given the actress had won an Emmy for her work on The Simpsons. Had read that the death wasn't hugely surprising, and wonder if the plan was to kill Edna and give the actress some time off for her own well being. Also would have been dramatic irony if Ned lost a second lover....

They could have an episode which opens with Ned down on one knee, mourning the death of Edna/Marcia, and he's interrupted by Bart who then steals the urn.

cm-punk-undertaker.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭glenjamin

They should just do us all a favour and cancel it. Hasn't been good in 15 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Flanders married crabapple? **** sake.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Annnnnnnd.....done!

bx7e.png

Dont get why people hate working bank holidays.

Worked 12 hours today. Getting paid for 32 due to it being a bank holiday :D
    glenjamin wrote: »
    They should just do us all a favour and cancel it. Hasn't been good in 15 years.

One of those people who dont watch it but still think they know everything about it? Used to be awesome, now it's just pretty good. Still better than the majority of animated shows.
    Annnnnnnd.....done!

Bastard! :mad: I cant manage the poxy knife flights. Have the rest done. Odd thing is, they were easy in flying school. Guess I got too cocky.

Those knife flights were a nightmare, but I started taking the attitude that if I died on every one, so be it once I got it to register.

Not as bad as some of the stunt jumps though. Land an inch off and nope....

RE: Simpsons, I'm a MASSIVE Simpsons fan, but I'd actually rate is amongst the lowest quality of animations I still watch. Down with Brickleberry!

I'm not sure if you do already but I'd really recommend Archer and Bob's Burgers. The latest seasons of South Park are hit & miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,413 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Happy Belated Birthday

• Advertisement

Bob's Burger's went to crap very quickly.

South Park as said is hit or miss.

Family Guy likewise.

American Dad was never on the same level.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement