Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Springbok Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Emperor1989

Schalk Burger makes his reappearance over the weekend in Currie Cup.

Welcome back Schalk

sbfamily.jpg

Also great to see another great loose forward back on his feet in Toulon

BUV-pZMIIAAXmq7.jpg:large

Also looks like Jake White will be the new coach at the Sharks.

Renewing partnership with his great captain John Smit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

Correct me if I'm wrong Emperor1989, but is your bedroom wall plastered with Springbok posters by chance :p

Swiwi. wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong Emperor1989, but is your bedroom wall plastered with Springbok posters by chance :p

Good idea

• Advertisement

I am going for a 20 point win for the Boks today.

I am going for a 20 point win for the Boks today.

Whatever the case, Boks need 4 tries to definitely keep the competition alive. Otherwise if NZ get 4 v the Argies it's championship over.

Whatever the case, Boks need 4 tries to definitely keep the competition alive. Otherwise if NZ get 4 v the Argies it's championship over.

They have to make sure they win it first...kick their goals is the first thing required!

They have to make sure they win it first...kick their goals is the first thing required!

Morne Steyn. You can rest easy.

Morne Steyn. You can rest easy.

I be very interested for next week can they really turn the screw on a forward pack at home. I mean just keep attacking the Wallabies at the breakdown and set piece. Just pummel them into submission.

I think Read is a doubt now for todays match and 50:50 with the goat also for next week their could be 2 huge losses for the Blackness. Read is a great no8 the perfect blend of everything if he was to miss out its a massive tick in the bok column

• Advertisement

I be very interested for next week can they really turn the screw on a forward pack at home. I mean just keep attacking the Wallabies at the breakdown and set piece. Just pummel them into submission.

I think Read is a doubt now for todays match and 50:50 with the goat also for next week their could be 2 huge losses for the Blackness. Read is a great no8 the perfect blend of everything if he was to miss out its a massive tick in the bok column

He's supposed to be playing. It was just 'flu. McCaw will be back as well next week, he could have played this week if push came to shove. But I agree NZ minus McCaw & especially Read = not good for the ABs.

Big day against the best team NZ can put out.

I rate Cruden on form at the moment above Carter.

If the Boks can win this it will be a huge step forward.....i believe they can and will. The scrum battle will be won by the Boks today!!!! mainly because Du Plessis is a devastating scrummager.

A real shame that the boks couldn't win today. They played the best attacking rugby in nearly a decade. Really developed a game that surprised me. I always felt that the Boks were a good bit away from NZ and well ahead of the rest but its such a shame they couldn't win it.

Meyer deserves a hell of a lot of credit and I have been very critical of him and De Villers but they have restored great respect to the green jersey. Jean De V has one of the games of his career was sensational.

I was very disappointed today with the defense and decision making in key times by the boks. Fourie Du Preez made a critical mistake in not getting rid of the ball before half time and ran out of line that gave read the line to cut open the D for the first try. They really need to start improving that D against NZ as they are giving away such sloppy tries.

Huge positives from the rugby championship for the BOKS and made such a huge step forward. They need to win 3-0 now in the autumn and pray that Goosen comes back fit and ready for next year.

Xmas List: SOS for Bakkies Botha and Jacque Fourie. Englebrecht has played really well but is a 12 not a 13 and doesn't give them what Jan Serfontein can.

I have defended Zane Kirchner a lot but that is it now...made key mistakes was awful under the high ball and constantly made poor decision making with ball in hand. I not sure Meyer will pick him again after that for next season, he may still play again this year but for the real big matches i be surprised.

All roads lead to cardiff in a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

I have defended Zane Kirchner a lot but that is it now...made key mistakes was awful under the high ball and constantly made poor decision making with ball in hand. I not sure Meyer will pick him again after that for next season, he may still play again this year but for the real big matches i be surprised.

All roads lead to cardiff in a month.

From a Leinster POV: Deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Bakkies is playing very well at Toulon. A partnership with himself and Etzebeth is a scary thought!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

Bakkies is playing very well at Toulon. A partnership with himself and Elizabeth is a scary thought!

is there news of Eben going there ??

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

duckysauce wrote: »
    is there news of Eben going there ??

No, I was just thinking if Bakkies was recalled by SA.

Bakkies is playing very well at Toulon. A partnership with himself and Etzebeth is a scary thought!

Bakkies want's to play he is just being ignored by Meyer which is surprising. However he might re introduce him in the run up to the next world Cup. Kruger really isn't up to this level. Etzebeth had another monster game yesterday.

My World Cup Team if fit.

1. Beast
    2. Bismark
    3. Jannie Du Plessis
    4. Etzebeth
    5. Bakkies
    6. Brussow/Louw
    7. Kolisi
    8. Vermulen
    9. Fourie Du Preez
    10. Goosen
    11. Willie Le Roux/JPP Pieterson
    12. Jean De Villers
    13. Jan Serfontein/Jacque Fourie
    14. Habana
    15. Francois Steyn/Lambie

My World Cup Team if fit.

1. Beast
    2. Bismark
    3. Jannie Du Plessis
    4. Etzebeth
    5. Bakkies
    6. Brussow/Louw
    7. Kolisi
    8. Vermulen
    9. Fourie Du Preez
    10. Goosen
    11. Willie Le Roux/JPP Pieterson
    12. Jean De Villers
    13. Jan Serfontein/Jacque Fourie
    14. Habana
    15. Francois Steyn/Lambie

No place for the burger? Meyer should bend over backwards to get Fourie for 2015.

• Advertisement

No place for the burger? Meyer should bend over backwards to get Fourie for 2015.

No place for Burger I am afraid....after his illness and the quality of loosie around and not even in the squad I cant imagine him getting back to his former level and self.

Jacque Fourie would be a fantastic addition to that 13 shirt as he is a out and out 13.

Thought we had you everywhere but the last 20 mins on Saturday. Kieran Read is like 2 players and that is considering that Vermulen had his best game yet. I felt Meyer subs sucked the momentum and Bismark being taken off has to stop he is just better than Strauss full stop in every department.

Will be a test against Wales next month....expect them to win and make a statement there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Western Province-Sharks on now in the Currie Cup final if anybody's interested. Schalk Burger playing and Jonathan Kaplan ending his career today.

Peter Steph Du Toit is putting the greatest display of 2nd row dominance I have ever seen.

Just dominated Etzebeth from start to finish. A an absoulute star of the future....a great great player in the making.

Coetzee having a great game also as Lambie and Bissie just being Bissie and betting that mongrel you need.

Really enjoyable game!!

Francois Steyn just back from injury is also playing a smashing game in the trenches.

pieter-steph-du-toit.jpg

The second coming for all those who do not know who and what he looks like.

Expect himself, Frans Steyn, JP Pieterson and possibly Schalk Burger back playing. There is also rumours that Bakkies will make a return and Juan Smit could be involved next year providing fitness concerns are put to bed. Then we have Goosen?? he could potential also get game time in the Autumn.

Backs
    Zane Kirchner, Gio Aplon, JP Pietersen, Willie Roux, Bryan Habana, JJ Engelbrecht, Jan Serfontein, Jaque Fourie, Jean de Villiers (capt), Morne Steyn, Pat Lambie, Johan Goosen, Ruan Pienaar, Jano Vermaak, Louis Schreuder.

Forwards
    Duane Vermeulen, Siya Kolisi, Marcel Coetzee, Francois Louw, Willem Alberts, Pieter-Steph du Toit, Bakkies Botha, Eben Etzebeth, Flip van der Merwe, Bismarck du Plessis, Adriaan Strauss, Scarra Ntubeni, Frans Malherbe, Coenie Oosthuizen, Gurthro Steenkamp, Jannie du Plessis, Beast Mtawarira.

Squad leaked allegedly

Rumours also flying that Victor Matfield is returning to Super rugby in 2014.

Incredible

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Zane Kirchner

Testicles.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

SA's last game in the Nov Int is against France on 23/11.

Leinster play Lanelli the following week and then it's the double header against Northampton on the subsequent weeks.

I hope Kirchener isn't injury prone cos he's going to be playing for 12 months a year now.

Advertisement