Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

The T.K Maxx ad on the tele pisses me off (but can't say its entirely unbiased as i work part time for them)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Ads for loans, mortgages, insurance etc really get on my face. The worst is the one where its like a quiz show, I just want to kill everyone in it. And "Direct Line, how can I help?" JUST FOOK OFF YE ANNOYING TWAT ! Right, I'm going outside now to burn some cats...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,853 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Originally posted by D-Generate
    Its Got to be F.R.D

Which one is that?
    Has to be the ads for real butter.

Oh god yes. And the "virtual reality games" bit. Wtf? Not even a geek would go that low.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

The F.R.D one is where there is this man and his wife repeats after everything "Its got to be F.R.D"

Small Transcript time, as they leave the car and walk through the house door
    Man: For motor insurance
    Woman: Its got to be F.R.D
    Man: For home insurance
    Woman: It's got to be F.R.D
    Man: For health insurance
    Woman: It's got to be F.R.D

Frikkin hell, i knew it was fuckin F.R.D for insurance the first time you said it. That ad is not persuasive it is just god damn irritateing, to the point that even thinking about it pisses me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Originally posted by oneweb
    Johnston Mooney & O'Brien. OMG, why do they go on for soo fcuking long?

Yeah, those ads are annoying alright. But what about the Brennan's Bread ads? Okay, I know it seems that they've been going since radio was first invented and that, in some circles, they're seen almost as a national institution, but I can't feckin' stand them. I just wish that Mr. Brennan and his smart-arsed gob$hite of a friend who does the voiceover would just drop dead at this stage. I mean, come on, the two boys must be about 200 years old at this stage. Just go and f**king choke on a slice of your wonderful "Today's Bread, Today", will ya, ya couple of old bollockses! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Probably any of the powerade ad's or any ad's for paracetamol!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Originally posted by Gideon
    the brennans bread ad with the blind one asking is it fresh. just didn't like it. JUST CHECKING grrr

i see they've cut out that bit where she grabs his ass so its even worse, makes no sense at all.

just get a new ad why do ya's keep showing it, you fools.

She can have her stale bread and eat it when i break her fúcking fingers!!!

[edited for grammar]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

That ad on teh radio for some car or another, has a kid at the end whispering "..zoom zoom...". If ever there was a more genocide-inducing, rage provoking soundbite....GNRR...

LOOK IT JUST PISSES ME OFF!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Originally posted by The Gopher

I am partly influenced to rant by the new godawful food hygiene ads.People with their faces blurred talk about how they got food poisoning.Is food poisoning something you ought to be ashamed of?I got gandhis revenge for a few days once from a bad burger bun at a local sham- hang- out -cum -takeaway(that I still go to,more fool me:D )

The radio ones are even worse. I swear they let the HSB write them themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭oneweb

TAMPONS!

Dunno which are worse: those ads that were so abstract you'd be left thinking 'huh?', or the newer ones that just scream TAMPONS TAMPONS TAMPONS BIG ones, small ones, candy flavour ones.

Same thing with Tampax - winged, flat, curved, scented, dry, superdry, supersuperdry.

For f.u.c.k sake, how far in-your-face do advertisers think these ads need to be?

As annoying as it must be for blokes, what do the gals think?

It is what it's.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Belle Ende

Originally posted by oneweb
    TAMPONS!
    Same thing with Tampax - winged, flat, curved, scented, dry, superdry, supersuperdry.

For f.u.c.k sake, how far in-your-face do advertisers think these ads need to be?

As annoying as it must be for blokes, what do the gals think?

Hmmm. This has sparked my mind - has anyone here heard of TiVO? Apparently this VCR-like device makes it easy for you to skip over ad-breaks while watching TV.

Does anyone have a TiVO?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭herbie747

Here are a few of the most annoying ads on at the moment:

Dolmio Microwavable Pasta

Hey Debbie, we go boogie, boogie?

F*ck off, assh*le.

Tayto
    "It's hard to believe that over 400 years ago when Tayto first came to Ireland......
    So just remember that, next time you get caught eating a pack of Tayto down the back of history class"

I'd love to smash that little fagg*ts face in.

Punto Ad
    "Don't, don't you want me baby? Don't you want me, woah, woah, wo-woah"

Another annoying pr*ck

Halifax Ads

"Who gives you extra? who? hu, hu? (sung like "Who let the dogs out?")

Eircom
    With the man dressed in drag like Freddie Mercury. Why are they promoting drag queens? I'm not homophobic, but who is their target audience? It certainly wouldn't encourage ME to go out and buy a cordless eircom phone.

Originally posted by herbie747

Eircom
    With the man dressed in drag like Freddie Mercury. Why are they promoting drag queens? I'm not homophobic, but who is their target audience? It certainly wouldn't encourage ME to go out and buy a cordless eircom phone.

Thats Pat Shortt you uncultured hick.

Originally posted by ballooba

Unclultured? Who the hell is Pat Shortt, and why should I give a crap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

That ad with the stupid little boll.ix telling his mate that his Ma had better have packed some dairylea-lunchables for him or else he'll divorce her or somesuch twaddle.

And If he wasn't obnoxious enough already ... once he discovers he got his precious sh1t-sandwich he proceeds to stuff the bloody thing into his big fat ugly gob, right in front of this malnourished-looking friend of his who himself has nothing to eat! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,853 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I like those eircom ads. What's wrong with having a drag queen on it? It's just a piss-take. Pat Shorrt was one of the d'unbelievables. He's both the woman and the man in it.

Yeah I hate those dairlylea kids by the way. Just hope they die from eating plastic cheese

Originally posted by herbie747
    Here are a few of the most annoying ads on at the moment:

Dolmio Microwavable Pasta

Hey Debbie, we go boogie, boogie?

F*ck off, assh*le.

Tayto
    "It's hard to believe that over 400 years ago when Tayto first came to Ireland......
    So just remember that, next time you get caught eating a pack of Tayto down the back of history class"

I'd love to smash that little fagg*ts face in.

Punto Ad
    "Don't, don't you want me baby? Don't you want me, woah, woah, wo-woah"

Another annoying pr*ck

Halifax Ads

"Who gives you extra? who? hu, hu? (sung like "Who let the dogs out?")

Eircom

I find a number of them ads amusing.

However an ad that really annoyed me when it ran was that "Go Walking" ad jesus christ that did my head in.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

The Pepcid ad with where they follow a vaguely simple looking man through a party........

....epecially the end where 'Harry' is in bed and the voiceover saying 'Harry? Harry?? ' while Harry looks like he's just let rip under the sheets.

Not surprising if he's taken pepcid.

The late night ad for some pots or something

'Oh No!! Burnt Milk!! Its a kitchen disaster!! But it just peels right off!!'

Right. now I'm going to go and kick some small dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Originally posted by ballooba

Does knowing who Pat Shortt is, make you cultured ?

Of course not, his style of comedy appeals to thick bog munchers.

Originally posted by SprostonGreen

Thank You.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by SprostonGreen

Great review mate... you should work for Wickla People or something.

Meanwhile... look here http://www.vicarstreet.com/newstastic//news.php?item=124 it would appear that they have bog munchers in Edinburgh too.

Jaysus.. there's even a lot of bog munchers in Dublin seeing as all of his shows so far have sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I too have an unhealthy hatred (excuse the pun) for the afformentioned Food Safety ads.

They're just Raaaaaaaaaaaaggggggghhhh!!!!

I HATE THEM!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Originally posted by Tom
    Any ad that tries to get people already heavily in debt to take out more loans over a longer period of time and end up spending twice as much.

"Have difficulty clearing loans or credit card debts? THEN WTF ARE YOU DOING ON YOUR ARSE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY WATCHING TV?"

lol. i like it, i like it a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭lyonsy

Does anyone know who the **** is taking the horse to france!!!
    i dont get it and its been teasing my brain for years now. is it a puzzle, are there clues in the add. just who the **** is taking that stupid animal to france?!?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Oh my god. I thought that I had banished that ad from my cranium forever. Thanks a lot lyonsy. Now I'm gonna have to go out and get very pished to forget it again :)

Feckin horse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

the cheestrings ad, the food safety ads....
    but the wierdest most non-sensical ad is the low low ad with the crazy girl:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

ah i seen the worst ad ever,

at first i thought it was a piss take but no punch line ever came.

Its one of those tv offer only ads, and was showing on some sky digital channel ( i know that doesn't narrow it down)

anyhew are ya ready for this,

BOG PUTTER or something along those lines, it was basically advertising one of those golf mats with the hole and flag and a putter and it was designed to be used next the toliet because " it helps you relax while your doing it" so as not to cause injury through forcing, ewwww.

It kept showing you people on the bog playing with it, trying to hit the ball into the hole, the mat is about 2 ft wide okay.

Not only that but if you buy now you will get a free busy sign for your door handle, at the amazing reduced price of £20 down from 40.

Going to the jax has never been so much fun etc'

Ah couldn't believe it, seen it twice now. Keep your eyes open, its so ****ed up, the last words out of the guys mouth are [buy]BUY NOWWWWWWWWW [\echo]

All of those "Doritos" ads irritate the hell out of me.

"Friendchips"?
    Those 'dawsons-creek-esque' group of friends act like complete knob-ends and rattle off lots of really sad puns.
    "Threetoes"(Doritos)? wtf?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

all ads EVER!

Advertisement