Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Slattsy wrote: »
    I read what lukesmom said (word for word/copy and paste job ha ha)on the Hogan Stand Facebook page yesterday evening, and wondered where i'd seen it before.... until i seen it above :D

lol try harder luv, and stop taking things from the interweb you clearly know nothing about.

Now go make the lads a sandwich :cool:

Some awful shi8te on that FB page. Ref won't swing the game.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

sgarvan wrote: »
    So plenty of people replicate what one person posted somewhere. So that makes it 100% correct.

It is far from the truth. I have posted who referees Dublin games.

So what you are saying is the truth then........ As I said maybe what the person posted and the other replicated is the truth?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Its only on here because it was taken from somewhere else, namely Hogan Stands FB page. A copy and paste job like :rolleyes:

This isnt various people opinions from random fora.
    Chinese whispers and all that.

yop wrote: »
    Some awful shi8te on that FB page. Ref won't swing the game.

Definately not, the best team will win. Referee decisions will always be scrutinised regardless.
    I genuinely do not know where this McQuillan bias towards Dublin has come from.

And Horan said he wanted McQuillan to ref the game, he is the best around atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

So what you are saying is the truth then........ As I said maybe what the person posted and the other replicated is the truth?

You can take what you want from it.

• Advertisement

Its only on here because it was taken from somewhere else, namely Hogan Stands FB page. A copy and paste job like :rolleyes:

This isnt various people opinions from random fora.
    Chinese whispers and all that.

This was piped about in 2011 before the Kerry game as well and last years semi.

Anyway, I honestly don't give 2 fks about it, if we have to fall back on the ref as an excuse then Its not good enough.
    BUT I hope he ref's it and lets the game flow. 2 of the best footballing teams in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Anyway, I honestly don't give 2 fks about it, if we have to fall back on the ref as an excuse then Its not good enough.
    BUT I hope he ref's it and lets the game flow. 2 of the best footballing teams in the country.

Well said regarding the referee. Thats how I see it aswell

:
    This was piped about in 2011 before the Kerry game as well and last years semi.

He can be whistle happy though, but i dont think either Mayo or Dublin are what would be called cynical teams really(compared to Donegal/Tyrone etc) so the game should ebb and flow.

It'll be cracking game, but this ref thing is already annoying me!

I wish he was actually biased towards the Dubs :)

:

He can be whistle happy though, but i dont think either Mayo or Dublin are what would be called cynical teams really(compared to Donegal/Tyrone etc) so the game should ebb and flow.

Jayus, plenty of Dubs wouldn't agree with that from the Semi final of last year ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭kevmy85

Enough about the ref lads - chances are he won't influence to much. The best team usually win.

Let's talk about stuff that will definitely influence it!

We all know last year the first 10 mins lost it for us - imo three things combined to result in this. 1) The ball going into the FF line wasn't held by our guys 2) Not enough pressure on the Donegal half forward line 3) Bad match ups in the FB line

This year our forward pressure has been good and I think Freeman and Andy will hold the ball better than Varley and COC last year. In fact I believe COC has come on in this respect also this year.

What of the match ups? If Andrews plays he won't take much watching and I'm pretty confident of Barrett on Mannon. The questions for me are does Caff take Brogan or do we leave Cunniffe on him? If Rock starts how do we line up?

Personally I think Gavin will start Andrews, even when Rock came on the last day he replaced Kilkenny.

• Advertisement

sgarvan wrote: »
    Well said regarding the referee. Thats how I see it aswell

I still think you are lying :P

:

He is, so your sound :P

Well happy days - delighted with that. Why boyher turninng up, let us have all your tickets :pac:

Well happy days - delighted with that. Why boyher turninng up, let us have all your tickets :pac:

Well going by the "bible", also known as the HoganStand, yez all have our tickets still and won't send them down :D

We've a blockade set up on all routes out of Dublin so the postal trucks cant leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

I read what lukesmom said (word for word/copy and paste job ha ha)on the Hogan Stand Facebook page yesterday evening, and wondered where i'd seen it before.... until i seen it above :D

lol try harder luv, and stop taking things from the interweb you clearly know nothing about.

Now go make the lads a sandwich :cool:

Nah I love Gaelic football always have and have a huge interest in this game. My father played on the mayo senior team back in the day. I want them to bring Sam home, my dad has had his heart broken every year and he's 70 now so I'm pinning my hopes on them this year bigtime. He's from blacksod so I've mayo blood. My first cousin played for Meath a famous footballer who was known for being very very fast back in the glory days when meath were the best. A lot of football in our family and I adore it. So what if I copied a few lines is it a crime now? Oh and shove your sandwich up your hole :)

lukesmom wrote: »
    Nah I love Gaelic football always have and have a huge interest in this game. My father played on the mayo senior team back in the day. I want them to bring Sam home, my dad has had his heart broken every year and he's 70 now so I'm pinning my hopes on them this year bigtime. He's from blacksod so I've mayo blood. My first cousin played for Meath a famous footballer who was known for being very very fast back in the glory days when meath were the best. A lot of football in our family and I adore it. So what if I copied a few lines is it a crime now? Oh and shove your sandwich up your hole :)

Well just for you seeing as you like quoting other people...

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken

We've a blockade set up on all routes out of Dublin so the postal trucks cant leave.

Now I know u are not lying ;)

Think your "know nothing about it" comment was harsh though. Obviously the lady knows plenty about gaelic

She knew nothing about the subject matter - McQuillan - so my point stands.

So does the one about making the lads a sandwich :D

And who does?

Still think it was a tad of a personal comment towards her.

You're a Mod here, and im not trolling, so i'll apologise if you want. Its no problem.

I'm not a mod on here,no.

But I think you were personal.

ANYWAY, we are a mile off topic, so I am pulling away from this ream of comment.

• Advertisement

Ai, me too :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

I don't think McQuillan will be a massive influence on this game, as long as he doesn't do a McEaneany and send off our best player for no good reason...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Pat McEnaney's comments from September 2012:
    "I was on RTÉ Radio [on Sunday] to talk about it and it’s very disappointing hearing people, ex-players and those in the media making comments about Joe McQuillan and that he’s supposed to have done something without backing it up with facts.

"Joe never refereed an in-house game for Dublin this year or last year. He can’t even remember if he has ever refereed a challenge game involving them.

So to me, those cheap shots were with no foundation. Actually, they were based on lies as foundation. The people who made those comments were completely ill-informed."

http://www.irishexaminer.com/archives/2012/0904/ireland/blood-subs-come-under-scrutiny-206384.html

It was 2011 when Gilroy moved to predominantly A v B games rather than challenge games.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

lukesmom and slattsy banned for a day for uncivil posts containing elements of personal abuse

Just an opinion banned as well

Reminder - there is zero tolerance for personal attacks on the forum

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

How's CO'C looking for you lads? Any chance he'll tog out?

Personally I think we'll line out the same as the Kerry game, but with McMahon at number 2 for Kevin O'Brien.

I would have Cian O'Suillivan at 6 with Bastick at 9 as I think we need more of a physical presence in there to deal with the O'Shea brothers, as much of a trojan MDMC is. But it will most likely be Brennan at 6 and COS at 9.

In Cunniffe you have one of the few corner backs around that could sniff out Brogan but i'd be a little worried if I was a Mayo man, Brogan has been getting stronger as the championship has gone on.

Gonna be visiting the family down in Ballyhaunis this weekend, should be some craic. :D

Moneymaker wrote: »

Personally I think we'll line out the same as the Kerry game, but with McMahon at number 2 for Kevin O'Brien.

I would have Cian O'Suillivan at 6 with Bastick at 9 as I think we need more of a physical presence in there to deal with the O'Shea brothers, as much of a trojan MDMC is. But it will most likely be Brennan at 6 and COS at 9.

In Cunniffe you have one of the few corner backs around that could sniff out Brogan but i'd be a little worried if I was a Mayo man, Brogan has been getting stronger as the championship has gone on.

Gonna be visiting the family down in Ballyhaunis this weekend, should be some craic. :D

Was only trying to suss it out last night with the Mayo physio but he is letting NOTHING out, suppose they have to be like that.

D reg is it?? Umm, wonder what it would be like on fire in Ballyhaunis :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Moneymaker wrote: »

Heard that he more than likely will be involved. Crucial to our hopes if we're being honest

ColeTrain wrote: »
    Heard that he more than likely will be involved. Crucial to our hopes if we're being honest

The way I look at COC, we don't expect him to make it, if he does and say he gets even a point or 2, then thats a big bonus. If he is taken off then we have Carolan or Conroy to will cause the Dubs plenty of problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

The way I look at COC, we don't expect him to make it, if he does and say he gets even a point or 2, then thats a big bonus. If he is taken off then we have Carolan or Conroy to will cause the Dubs plenty of problems.

If he starts ( I think he will ) then as long as we're fully prepared for him to not last the 70 then we should be alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,392 ✭✭✭irishgeo

if COC make it , he has to start other we could waste 2 subs bringing him on and back off if his shoulder goes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement