Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arma 3 Alpha (Beta, full game)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Laviski

More importantly, is there a handy-DayZCommander type installer? I could Google it but...

would their be a point in developing a dayz commander for arma 3 since the impending release of the dayz standalone. as once its released you can be guaranteed every dayz server be it arma 2 or arma 3 will be empty. unless your cheap :P

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

man, I see your point but when the hell are they going to release it ??? we are talking about standalone since way too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Laviski wrote: »
    would their be a point in developing a dayz commander for arma 3 since the impending release of the dayz standalone. as once its released you can be guaranteed every dayz server be it arma 2 or arma 3 will be empty. unless your cheap :P

While I take your point, and feel mildly stupid for asking, I think you may underestimate the ability of the average gamer to be "cheap". Sure, I have disposable income that I'm very easy to part with after a few cans (as Planetside 2 and Steam can attest to) but a lot aren't. Mind you, they will likely pirate it anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

The Zoombies launcher is the easiest way, it downloads and installs the files and you launch through there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I'm not sure that ArmA 2 servers will die out instantly upon the Standalone release.
    From what we are seeing there is still a lot of stuff to be added to the Standalone to bring it up to par with the mod.

I'd compare it more to the ArmA 2 -> ArmA 3 Alpha release, an initial rush then once people see how bare it is, they trickle back to the Mod.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,172 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

When it is released theres going to be no vehicles and a fairly small selection of weapons i think so id say Genghiz is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

New version of Domination out today.

I helping GITS with their version and working on sidemissions. Not sure when they releasing it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Altis was released recently on the DEV build of the game. The map is fecking HUGE!! Have played a bit on it, there are not many missions/scenarios out yet to play. We did find this funny one though. Enjoy!

Reddit: http://redd.it/1l8f2b

Cheers!

That map is stunning, so many places to blow up.

max will be happy 165 chapels......

Yep, can't wait for decent missions to start coming out!

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

dreamers75 wrote: »
    That map is stunning, so many places to blow up.

max will be happy 165 chapels......

ER MER GERD!

We have to make a mission.

A tour of all the churches and a good mass in each I think

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭James74

Get Fr. Alton Crosby, he gives good mass, really knows how to work the altar. Look at that chalice work.

Maximilian wrote: »
    ER MER GERD!

We have to make a mission.

Made a side mission for Domination, when you play it and it comes up you will know its dedicated to you :pac::pac::pac:

There will be 500 side missions in it, fair chance you will see it one day :D

James74 wrote: »
    Get Fr. Alton Crosby, he gives good mass, really knows how to work the altar. Look at that chalice work.

Effortless.

Domination working on Altis, result :D

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭platinums

Altis looks real purty. Been playing Domi and Teetimes, its makes a real difference when the messers are booted from the server too.

Been thinking about making a purchase, but can decide on 2 things. TrackIR or Footpedals/Rudders. Using the PS3 pad for flight which works brilliantly, but want to separate the freelook from the mouse.

Which will benefit more. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Had a argument about this with a friend earlier.

They want you to pay 25 euro to take part in the Alpha, in which you are doing them a favor and finding all the stuff they messed up, and plus with it being a ARMA game even when it goes full retail its still going to be rediled with bugs.

Its like you paying me to come fix my fence.

Its Alpha, which also means they could scrap the game at any moment and you will never see your money again. Its people who are willing to pay for these types of cons, encourage other companys to pull the same bs.

Er, you've effectively pre-ordered the game with the perk of playing the game at alpha stage. You're not obliged to send in reports.

You act as though you've paid for a faulty game... WHICH IT ISN'T.

Having a lot more people to try it out, over just a small test team, would yield a more polished end product with the larger amount of reports of bugs... it is why Open Betas are very popular with regards to games.

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Er, you've effectively pre-ordered the game with the perk of playing the game at alpha stage. You're not obliged to send in reports.

You act as though you've paid for a faulty game... WHICH IT ISN'T.

Having a lot more people to try it out, over just a small test team, would yield a more polished end product with the larger amount of reports of bugs... it is why Open Betas are very popular with regards to games.

Plus users get to shift the direction of the game more towards what they want. They get to suggest bug fixes and new features to enhance the overall experience.

Yes, paying for an Alpha is a risk. But for me it was a no brainer to buy the Supporter Edition. I've seen the care and dedication that Bohemia Interactive put into there titles. It would take something absolutely catastrophic for my purchase to not be worth it.

This way the developers get money earlier than they would have, helping with budgeting and softening the need for an early, less polished Gold release.

Bohemia are not tied to a publisher, they set their own deadlines and there is no one who can tell them to release before they are ready.
    Bohemia, over the last few years have, IMO, build up nearly as much good will as Valve. I would have no problem buying into any Alpha that either would ever consider releasing.

To refer to this as a con is outright ludicrous.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭James74

With the new island and Domi now up and running I'll probably have my moneys worth out of the game before the thing is even released. The pound-notes-spent / hours-enjoyed ratio is very much in my favour.

Like the honourable Mr Cohan I rate Bohemia Interactive as A+ in the trust and goodwill stakes. I've spent maybe £30 or £40 on Arma2 & OA, and in return have had many many hundreds of hours enjoyment. I trust them to deliver again with Arma3.

If my wallet wasn't so lean at the minute I would have gladly paid double the price for Arma3 and still considered it excellent value.

• Advertisement

anyone got a official release date yet?

Laviski wrote: »
    anyone got a official release date yet?

12th next week.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    12th next week.

good stuff time to start preparing a server again

3vooam.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭CrinkElite

platinums wrote: »
    Been thinking about making a purchase, but can decide on 2 things. TrackIR or Footpedals/Rudders. Using the PS3 pad for flight which works brilliantly, but want to separate the freelook from the mouse.

I built my own headtracking device out of a wiimote and a few LEDs

The whole thing came to about €15 and it works beautifully

The software can be found here along with assembly instructions.

http://www.free-track.net/english/

You can use a cheapy webcam if you don't have a wiimote.

I kid you not, this works flawlessly.

Hmm, might have to take a stab at that.

Pretty much all the stuff thats gonna be out next week is on the DEV build now. Some nice new vehicles & a Jet. Would like more weapon variety though

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Pretty much all the stuff thats gonna be out next week is on the DEV build now. Some nice new vehicles & a Jet. Would like more weapon variety though

Jet is basically the L39ZA from A2:OA.... Bit disappointed by that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,172 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Im sure there'll be more than 1 jet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Yeah, I'm fairly disappointed with the array of weapons and vehicles at the moment - thought there would be more by now.

Advertisement