Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Driving back from a sportive listening to Jim O'Neill is one of life's simpler pleasures.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

Driving back from a sportive listening to Jim O'Neill is one of life's simpler pleasures.

Must have been some sportive if you're only driving home at half 11! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

Folks up North. Came across this Interweb Pundit on Twitter last night. Some interesting opinions on Cycling. Health Warning - your blood will boil.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

daragh_ wrote: »
    Folks up North. Came across this Interweb Pundit on Twitter last night. Some interesting opinions on Cycling. Health Warning - your blood will boil.

He just looks like another knacker with issues trying to get some attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,629 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Hmmzis wrote: »
    He just looks like another knacker with issues trying to get some attention.

Yeah that's exactly the case. He's just a hopped up little juice head who wants more space on the road so he can blast through on his motorbikes.

The ironic thing is, the majority of road users probably have the same disgust for him on the road as he seems to have for cyclists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,065 ✭✭✭buffalo

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    Yeah that's exactly the case. He's just a hopped up little juice head who wants more space on the road so he can blast through on his motorbikes.

tbh, if I saw a lad coming down the road on motorbikes, I'd give him plenty of room. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

If anyone is looking to hit a good time on the coast cycle lane over to Howth today is the day, huge wind blowing that direction! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

Is it just me or do these O.Symetric rings look like a spiky headed smiley/creepy person wearing an unfeasibly large spiky helmet?:

270112.jpg

...maybe I just need a little lie down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Zyzz wrote: »
    If anyone is looking to hit a good time on the coast cycle lane over to Howth today is the day, huge wind blowing that direction! :pac:

It wasn't that much fun on the way in - but the way home looks promising

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

It wasn't that much fun on the way in - but the way home looks promising

Agreed. However, how much do you want to bet that the wind will do an about-turn just before you leave? Always seems to be the way on that stretch!

I often get head-winds each way but can't remember ever getting a tail-wind both ways..............:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Rua_ri

I had my funniest commuter race on Friday evening.
    Funny for a few reasons.

1. I didn't know I was in a race.
    2. It did involve 2 cyclists and 2 bikes but neither of us were cycling them.
    3. I didn't win and was happy not too.

It happened as we were going through the turn stiles in Heuston, I was through first and he came through after me, 20 meters or so behind me. He proceeded to go on the outside of me and everyone else on the platform at quicker than walking pace and then cut in quickly when he saw an empty bike rack. Another commuter had to slow down and walk go around him just to let him in.
    He won what he must have thought was the only available bike rack. Pity as the carriage behind had 2 free bike rack spaces.

If you are a reader of this forum, I would like to ask were you on a strava segment?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

I'm still a nervous wreck descending. Crawled my way down Kilakee Rd/Stocking Lane this evening.

On the upside, I'm starting to pick apart some of my anxiety, for instance I realised I'm perfectly happy to do the same speeds and descents in Urban areas, despite the increased risk factor. And I'm not freaked out by descending when I can see where the road levels out/turns up.

Apparently my caveman brain just doesn't like descents that don't appear to end. Probably something to do with my previous accident being a fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

Apparently my caveman brain just doesn't like descents that don't appear to end. Probably something to do with my previous accident being a fall.

Sounds like a rational approach to descending so it'll probably help to feed your brain with all available information to take away some of the uncertainly and therefore the fear. It can be very easy to focus on nothing but the fear generated by all the "what if's?" that can arise during a descent and in that situation you quickly lose track of many/all of the visible cues that help you to descend safely. This article has a lot of useful info in it to help keep you focus on what you really need to in order to remain calm and in control while descending.

Try descending with an experienced descender scone :)

Following lines and at a fairly decent speed will build your confidence!

Just had to set up a new router, with the instructions all in German. Impossibru.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

after being in amsterdam, cycling in dublin is depressing! Like a pauper.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Hey this is a perfectly normal spare room right?

Looks like mine anyway.

I think I need a new bike. We currently have three in the spare room and one in the carpark. Two of them belong to herself and one we are selling for her sister.

I only have ONE solitary bike!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Need quick confirmation guys. Would the M8 version of these: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/brand-x-self-extracting-square-taper-crank-bolts/rp-prod1201 fit the Sugino Rd2 cranks?

Need quick confirmation guys. Would the M8 version of these: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/brand-x-self-extracting-square-taper-crank-bolts/rp-prod1201 fit the Sugino Rd2 cranks?

Yeah they take M8 bolts. Have a pair here to confirm the size.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Huzzah! My CRC parcel has finally arrived, about ten working days since I ordered it. They used a private courier rather than An Post, which has completed all 5 of my previous deliveries from them within 3 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Rua_ri

Huzzah! My CRC parcel has finally arrived, about ten working days since I ordered it. They used a private courier rather than An Post, which has completed all 5 of my previous deliveries from them within 3 days.

Was it parcel force that CRC used?

Just wondering as I am waiting on stuff from them and it is with parcel force.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Rua_ri wrote: »
    Was it parcel force that CRC used?

Just wondering as I am waiting on stuff from them and it is with parcel force.

I'm not sure, in email conversation with CRC they said they were passing my number on to Parcelforce, but it was GLS van that actually pulled up at my door.

Walking home from the bus..knew I spotted something of beauty in the distance at the top of my road..

8Go6pNG.jpg?1

3NCQZ.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

buffalo wrote: »
    I don't know if it's possible to call in, but the idea is that you only have to pay An Post for national postage to send it to the Irish returns depot, rather than the international postage. Whether Wiggle ultimately pay for it is up to them, and where the fault/cause for return is.
    Ok great! Looks to be around 7 quid to get it sent there, not the cheapest return in the world! :(

I've dropped a parcel in directly. GLS have a reception area in their Ballycoolin depot. You still get charged the 3.50 for the return to wiggle's warehouse.

If you need a different size just order it now as a separate order and you'll get the money back fairly quick. The last time I tried to exchange there was none left in my size by the time they received the return.

Walking home from the bus..knew I spotted something of beauty in the distance at the top of my road..

8Go6pNG.jpg?1

3NCQZ.gif

Where exactly do you live? Precise number and street of the car would be nice. For ehh "viewing purposes".

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    Where exactly do you live? Precise number and street of the car would be nice. For ehh "viewing purposes".

I live on the Southside. Thats all you get.

:pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Just off Mount Merrion Avenue? :)
    Kinda recognise the wall on the far side but then again I don't think the road has double yellow.......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,931 ✭✭✭furiousox

Saw the exact same car in Dublin Airport carpark a few months ago.
    Just had to stop and take a few photos.
    Beautiful piece of engineering.

270315.JPG

CPL 593H

Planet X wrote: »
    Just off Mount Merrion Avenue? :)
    Kinda recognise the wall on the far side but then again I don't think the road has double yellow.......

Close, just across the road from the main UCD entrance! (Near the mechanics)

• Advertisement

Interesting.....................

:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement