Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,968 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    I think this Boards jersey order is just too damn big, PayPal keep freezing the accounts because first they thought I was money laundering, then they thought I was selling stuff and using gift to get away with the fees, and now they're saying I can't be selling goods that I don't have in my possession, even though I'm not selling anything or making any money whatsoever.
    What would the fee per order be if you were officially selling? Could we add it to our orders to cover it?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,629 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

It's the same fee. At the moment we're doing it as if you were purchasing the jerseys and I've included the paypal fees into the price, because when we were sending the money as a gift before just for collection purposes, they closed the account.

I've been told numerous times by various PayPal employees that it's perfectly fine what we're doing etc, for both methods. But then a day or so later everything gets locked or closed.

I'm thinking about setting up an online shop like BigCartel and doing it that way or something. I genuinely don't know anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,968 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I'm thinking about setting up an online shop like BigCartel and doing it that way
    You're a glutton for punishment!

Don't worry about it Stephen. It's only a few bits of gear. If it doesn't work out, it doesn't matter. I think you've excelled yourself in what you've achieved already. I'd rather spend the day sticking pins in my eyes.

All I wanted was a god damn Boards jersey.

I'm a member over on LFGSS so I've been in touch with the lads who placed their orders in the hope that they'll help me out.

I'd hate to drop the order though, everyone really wants the kit and I'd feel like an awful dick cancelling it on John the supplier, new business and everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

Sounds like they may have an automated security process thats overriding the customer service reps actions. They might have requested that the account be exempt from this, but its not always that straightforward.

What about a bank draft or postal order ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

*Boards.ie Money Laundering Crew*

Edit: Now taking donations!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

that's a great string of words for the search engines hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

So was just tuning up the rear brake on a Rival equipped Boardman when I pulled the lever and heard a snap.

Lever went completely slack and when I pulled the cable out it was rust red all along the inside but not actually visibly broken.

Core snap?

Also, glad that happened on the repair stand and not the road!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Lepidoptera

Glow in the dark De Rosa. Some winter trainer.

IMG_2125-576x384.jpg

The possibility of a glow in the dark bike had somehow never before occurred to me. I have serious bike lust and have spent the past ages looking up glow in the dark bikes...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

So, what's the longest you guys have had to wait for a parcel from CRC?

I've made 6 orders from them now. My previous five all came within 3 days, but now this sixth one I've been waiting 8 days. It is also my most bulky order to be fair. I was ordering my new multi-tool, but then my finger accidentally slipped and I bought a box of clif bars, a HRM and a new saddle bag. Whoops.

• Advertisement

So, what's the longest you guys have had to wait for a parcel from CRC?

I've made 6 orders from them now. My previous five all came within 3 days, but now this sixth one I've been waiting 8 days. It is also my most bulky order to be fair. I was ordering my new multi-tool, but then my finger accidentally slipped and I bought a box of clif bars, a HRM and a new saddle bag. Whoops.

Waiting a week once, but remember that Monday was a bank holiday in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

So was just tuning up the rear brake on a Rival equipped Boardman when I pulled the lever and heard a snap.

Lever went completely slack and when I pulled the cable out it was rust red all along the inside but not actually visibly broken.

Core snap?

Also, glad that happened on the repair stand and not the road!

Did you find the nipple in the lever? Could be the cable pulled out of the nipple or it could be just a clean break across the cable.

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Did you find the nipple in the lever? Could be the cable pulled out of the nipple or it could be just a clean break across the cable.

The nipple was in place, the whole cable also stayed intact on the outside (of the inner cable)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Why is it that I can do 80-100km training spins twice a week quite easily but walking 5km to school and back leaves me drenched in sweat and sore of foot. It's walking ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

Lumen wrote: »
    Schools back today, commuting traffic horrific.

I'm going a bit slower, but everyone else is going a lot slower.

I feel happier, despite my personal circumstances having worsened.

Does this make me some kind of a sociopath?

Yes, it makes you a kind of sociopath, and that's bad. But asking others for their opinion on whether you are one makes you a bad sociopath, and that's good.

...there, glad we've cleared that up.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Lepidoptera

Why is it that I can do 80-100km training spins twice a week quite easily but walking 5km to school and back leaves me drenched in sweat and sore of foot. It's walking ffs

From the greatest humour cycling blog:

Some areas of the cyclists body can be slightly overlooked...

Going for a run

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I think this Boards jersey order is just too damn big, PayPal keep freezing the accounts because first they thought I was money laundering, then they thought I was selling stuff and using gift to get away with the fees, and now they're saying I can't be selling goods that I don't have in my possession, even though I'm not selling anything or making any money whatsoever.

Happened to me too, a paypal account with no money in it and then a boards jersey order dumped near 10grand in it over a week.

They will have a resolution process for you. You will possibly (although maybe not) have to have a phone conversation. Eventually you will have to send them a passport photocopy for verification purposes. Worth calling them to resolve as doing it through their resolution online process is tough going.

CramCycle wrote: »
    Happened to me too, a paypal account with no money in it and then a boards jersey order dumped near 10grand in it over a week.

They will have a resolution process for you. You will possibly (although maybe not) have to have a phone conversation. Eventually you will have to send them a passport photocopy for verification purposes. Worth calling them to resolve as doing it through their resolution online process is tough going.

Have had both counts verified by photo ID and proof of address, I think I have it sorted now though, I just need to send them an invoice from the supplier proving that there actually is jerseys being ordered and that they'll be delivered.

If it falls through again though, I'll be sticking my head through a brick wall.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

If it falls through again though, I'll be sticking my head through a brick wall.

I completely understand, PITA is an understatement

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Sitting on the platform in Athlone waiting for my train to Dublin and there's a really odd Cannondale CX bike locked to the railings behind me. Its a XS800. The frame is fairly standard cx fare, small front triangle, longish stays, canti's. But the fecking thing has a headshock.
    Never seen a bike with dropped bars and a shock before.

Not sure if I like it of the massive headtube makes me want to puke.

• Advertisement

Hey this is a perfectly normal spare room right?

20130830_131454.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

No way! There appears to be some sort of furniture in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

anywone know if m70r brake block replacements are still available ? cant seem to find them anywhere (NOT to be confused with M70r2)

269719.png

whats with not been able to get parts for kit from the mid 90's ffs

!!!

Normal yes, but underachieving too, I see space for several more bikes in there and the walls are not yet decorated with many nails from which are to be suspended many bike tools!

anywone know if m70r brake block replacements are still available ? cant seem to find them anywhere (NOT to be confused with M70r2)

I've not seen cantilever brake shoes with replaceable pads before but Bike24 has these Jagwire ones, or these conventional SwissStop ones. Bike24 was the first site I checked as I've found their stock of smaller parts to be good before so their prices for those might or might not be competitive.

doozerie wrote: »
    Normal yes, but underachieving too, I see space for several more bikes in there and the walls are not yet decorated with many nails from which are to be suspended many bike tools!

There are two more bikes outside...single speed mtb and a Sirrus

There are two more bikes outside...single speed mtb and a Sirrus

They are *outside*? The bicycle division of Social Services will be around shortly to take those bikes into care!

I think the first step that needs to be taken, is to stop referring to it as the 'spare room'. From this day forward, it shall be referred to as the bike room.

Get those other bikes inside, and lose the furniture.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

I've two tickets for kai humphries in laughter lounge Dublin tonight if anyone wants them.

• Advertisement

doozerie wrote: »
    They are *outside*? The bicycle division of Social Services will be around shortly to take those bikes into care!

Now wait a minute, they may be outside, but they've got so much Wet Lube on them that several German Fetish clubs have already expressed interest.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement