Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,629 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Bit tongue in cheek, but does anyone know of any part-time job opening for a student?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    Bit tongue in cheek, but does anyone know of any part-time job opening for a student?

Have you tried Paypal................?

I'll get me coat.......

:pac:

Have you tried Paypal................?

I'll get me coat.......

:pac:

I could do an inside operation job, and secretly destroy the company from the inside.

After we get the order done of course. If we get it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

When you bust your ass on a segment..get second place to this..

Does me tits in.

w8ElZ4W.png

nojWx.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

So my park tool track pump doesn't work with long valves for deep section tubes...ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,065 ✭✭✭buffalo

Zyzz wrote: »
    When you bust your ass on a segment..get second place to this..

Does me tits in.

I get the impression he does all his spins on a TT bike, and actively segment-hunts.

There's more to cycling than Strava.

So my park tool track pump doesn't work with long valves for deep section tubes...ok.

Actually it turns out it just doesn't work. Busted a gasket somewhere.

Really want to try a TT bike..for those that have one/used one, did you notice an increase in speed and power? :)
    buffalo wrote: »
    I get the impression he does all his spins on a TT bike, and actively segment-hunts.

There's more to cycling than Strava.

How dare you.

(just kidding..sort of..my cycling life would be meaningless without strava..)

There's always commuter racing.

I rediscovered last night how cycling in rush hour through south Dublin, it's like having a really unpleasant personal trainer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

249017_623654887657590_1713682864_n.jpg

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Wow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

So, not really one for confrontation I often marvel at all the YouTube videos and stories on here about people lecturing cyclists who break the law or having a dig at what they feel is unbecoming behaviour on a bike.

For a few years I've noticed two guys who cycle on my road on the footpath and because it's a long-term thing it irritates me more and more. One speeds along shopping bag hanging off one handlebar, other hand to ear with a phone. Can't confront him without throwing myself in front of his wheels to get his attention.

The other guy is a big lad, really big (fat) lad who seems to basically sit on the bike instead of walking, slowly turning his legs like a sloth on a bike. He's slow enough to say something to, right? He usually has someone with him too so they block the path and refuse to move. Pr**ks. So maybe I'll start with some evil eye kinda stuff, a macho glare at the lardy guy.

Then I hear about the shooting of someone on a bike on Glasnevin Avenue. Thought I recognised the bike. Sounds like the guy. Weird. Then I hear about Walrus and Moonface. Sounds more and more like my target for derision. Then I hear he's been a drug dealer in the area for thirty years and has a reputation for violent action. Slashed his own brother outside a Garda station in Ballymun, attacked anti-drugs protestors in their homes with petrol bombs etc. threatened his wife with a knife.

My first thoughts of confronting a cyclist were my last.

I'm seriously considering Carbon Forks as an upgrade to my aluminium Scott 509 frame.

The Internet (or ntrntz for you vowel hating kids) doesn't seem to want to tell me what I need to factor in terms of getting ones that fit, aside from the steerer tube diameter.

Do I need to measure the height of the current steerer tube plus spacers to find one that fits, or is it par for the course to get one longer and get it cut down?

Hoping to go second hand because I'm poor and if I do get a full time job next year I might wait until I can afford a whole new bike rather than my old plan of rebuilding the current one on a new frame.

The goal of the upgrade is comfort, not weight weeneying.

Every day I'm a born again beginner.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭slap/dash

There's always commuter racing.

I rediscovered last night how cycling in rush hour through south Dublin, it's like having a really unpleasant personal trainer.
    Yeah, that's why I seldom make it over to Wicklow. Tallaght/jobs town are really unpleasant to navigate thru

Unrelated note; you weren't on the north circular around 10am yesterday?

slap/dash wrote: »
    Yeah, that's why I seldom make it over to Wicklow. Tallaght/jobs town are really unpleasant to navigate thru

Unrelated note; you weren't on the north circular around 10am yesterday?

Not I.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

NIco riding in red, Liverpool v Utd, Dublin v Kerry and I'm buying a new bike..what a Sunday :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

I know its the cycling forum but Holy fook what a game.- Dublin v Kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Incredible game - 6 goals! Great open football.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

• Advertisement

Hey all, has anyone ever returned anything to Wiggle? Need to send an item back and I'm not too sure what I'm doing :(

I see an Irish return address and a UK..but the Irish one says they only send the items back once a week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

I have spent the past two days moving house.
    I am shattered. Sore in places that I dint even know I had places. I have never felt like this after a cycle. Lifting stuff is hard work.

ROK ON wrote: »
    I have spent the past two days moving house.
    I am shattered. Sore in places that I dint even know I had places. I have never felt like this after a cycle. Lifting stuff is hard work.

I bought a kindle after carrying five crates of books up the stairs in a new house, moving makes you consider new things.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

bcmf wrote: »
    I know its the cycling forum but Holy fook what a game.- Dublin v Kerry

Was there with the young lad - best game I have ever attended and the atmosphere was seriously intense. I should have worn my HR monitor. I hugged my Kerry wife when I got home. My less tactful son did a victory dance around his mother.

The bonus prize is that I now won't be doing the Leinster RR champs on the 22nd. Time to get fat!

Hey all, has anyone ever returned anything to Wiggle? Need to send an item back and I'm not too sure what I'm doing :(

I see an Irish return address and a UK..but the Irish one says they only send the items back once a week?

Send it the Irish address, make sure to include the returns form.

Send it the Irish address, make sure to include the returns form.

Is it possible to drop it over to them? Or do I need to pay An Post to send it to them or is that taken from the wiggle charge?

Is it possible to drop it over to them? Or do I need to pay An Post to send it to them or is that taken from the wiggle charge?

I don't know if it's possible to call in, but the idea is that you only have to pay An Post for national postage to send it to the Irish returns depot, rather than the international postage. Whether Wiggle ultimately pay for it is up to them, and where the fault/cause for return is.

I don't know if it's possible to call in, but the idea is that you only have to pay An Post for national postage to send it to the Irish returns depot, rather than the international postage. Whether Wiggle ultimately pay for it is up to them, and where the fault/cause for return is.

Ok great! Looks to be around 7 quid to get it sent there, not the cheapest return in the world! :(

Ok great! Looks to be around 7 quid to get it sent there, not the cheapest return in the world! :(

Normally you're refunded the postage costs if the fault with the product isn't your fault etc, otherwise you have to eat the costs.

• Advertisement

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    Normally you're refunded the postage costs if the fault with the product isn't your fault etc, otherwise you have to eat the costs.

Ay I understand! Bought some clothes for my papa but they're too small so I have to send em back. Ill end up paying through the chamois :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement