Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SportsDirect.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

leahyl wrote: »
    I'm sorry now but whats the difference between a packet and a parcel?!

Packet:
    Dimensions:
    Minimum dimensions: 100mm(L) X 70mm(H) X 25mm(D).
    Maximum dimensions: for a packet are a combined length, height and depth of 900mm. No individual dimension can exceed 600mm, with a tolerance of 2mm.
    In tube form the maximum dimensions are the length plus twice the diameter 1,040mm with no one dimension exceeding 900mm, with a tolerance of 2mm.
    Weight:
    Items which qualify for the Packet rate of postage must weigh no more than 2kg.

Parcel:
    The Parcel rate of postage caters for items up to the following size dimensions and is subject to a physical & dimensional weight limit of 20kg.
    Dimensions
    Maximum dimensions:
    Length: 1.5 metres
    Length: + Girth 3 metres

To calculate the Girth: 2 x (Depth + Width)

https://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/MainContent/About+An+Post/WhatAreYouSending.htm

edit: Sorry for the superfluous info, TheBody beat me to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

styron wrote: »
    Packet:
    Dimensions:
    Minimum dimensions: 100mm(L) X 70mm(H) X 25mm(D).
    Maximum dimensions: for a packet are a combined length, height and depth of 900mm. No individual dimension can exceed 600mm, with a tolerance of 2mm.
    In tube form the maximum dimensions are the length plus twice the diameter 1,040mm with no one dimension exceeding 900mm, with a tolerance of 2mm.
    Weight:
    Items which qualify for the Packet rate of postage must weigh no more than 2kg.[/U]

Parcel:
    The Parcel rate of postage caters for items up to the following size dimensions and is subject to a physical & dimensional weight limit of 20kg.
    Dimensions
    Maximum dimensions:
    Length: 1.5 metres
    Length: + Girth 3 metres

To calculate the Girth: 2 x (Depth + Width)

https://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/MainContent/About+An+Post/WhatAreYouSending.htm

edit: Sorry for the superfluous info, TheBody beat me to it.

Definitely a packet so :) thanks a mill

Just one more quesiton - do you have to use registered post or would regular post be ok?? I've heard before that registered post isn't any quicker delivery than regular post so would it be ok to take the chance? It's considerably cheaper in postage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭SK76

AFAIK registered post is not quicker - just evidence that u sent something. Unless the goods are very valuable, I'd chance it without registered post. Even if you use it, I think you have to put down values etc. and not sure how you'd claim after. When u start adding values the price goes up i think. In fairness the vast majority of post arrives (do not shoot messenger if they mess up !!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭snalan

£5 off voucher code SDAUG13100 if you spend over 100 and you also get free delivery, valid till end august

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

bastards tried to sneek a mug into my basket, charging me 99p... I wonder how many people are caught out by that and think they get a free mug?

I did get 2 free (defiantly free) mugs before tho!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

jameshayes wrote: »
    bastards tried to sneek a mug into my basket, charging me 99p... I wonder how many people are caught out by that and think they get a free mug?

I did get 2 free (defiantly free) mugs before tho!

Nearly happened me too

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭fsfg

snalan wrote: »
    £5 off voucher code SDAUG13100 if you spend over 100 and you also get free delivery, valid till end august

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭shot2go

they did the same to me just now adding the mug to my basket!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,476 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

not free anymore

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Yeah same for me. 1 added to my basket automatically. Removed mine but I'd say there's a few people who don't notice and think they've gotten a free one.

Got 2 for free before tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,430 ✭✭✭✭cson

Noticed that yesterday too, sneaky bastards!

How good are these guys on delivery times? First time ordering off them; needed a tent for EP so hoping it arrives by next Thursday at the latest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

cson wrote: »
    Noticed that yesterday too, sneaky bastards!

How good are these guys on delivery times? First time ordering off them; needed a tent for EP so hoping it arrives by next Thursday at the latest.

3 days is the quickest and 5 the longest I've waited so you should be ok

Ordered at 3pm on Monday afternoon, delivered about an hour ago by DHL. I'd say if I ordered it early on Monday I would have gotten it yesterday tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Cam57

Not sure if this has been answered here before. Tried to pay via paypal just now, but it won't let me use my paypal balance, only credit card (which I really don't want to do). Tried changing payment option on paypal but it will only allow me to add a new card. Any ideas?

Edited to add: they also defaulted a mug in my basket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Cam57 wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been answered here before. Tried to pay via paypal just now, but it won't let me use my paypal balance, only credit card (which I really don't want to do). Tried changing payment option on paypal but it will only allow me to add a new card. Any ideas?

Edited to add: they also defaulted a mug in my basket.

Defaulted a mug for me just now too

Edit: nope, paypal balance worked fine for me. I had to login again after removing the mug, but it still worked

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Cam57

Cleared cookies on iPad, went to express checkout instead of logging and it used paypal balance then.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Aldarjes

Voucher code for 10% off premiership shirts MATCHPREM14, possibly only valid on 2013-14 gear. Also valid for nike incyte prem ball

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

Lads I be making a big order tomorrow as in a big quantity of shorts & socks (about 60 pcs altogether)

Are they reliable enough to send that big a order over to here? And I'm spending over £200 is their any new discount codes etc?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭cluelez

Lads I be making a big order tomorrow as in a big quantity of shorts & socks (about 60 pcs altogether)

Are they reliable enough to send that big a order over to here? And I'm spending over £200 is their any new discount codes etc?

Cheers

careful their sited is down

~6 hours 46 minsDown Since:
    DOWNSportsdirect.com is DOWN for everyone.

Just tried it there and it's up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Lads, i've ordered from them before but I actually forget how long it takes for delivery to Ireland. Can anyone tell me? I'll be looking to order tomorrow but would like the stuff delivered next week!

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Lads, i've ordered from them before but I actually forget how long it takes for delivery to Ireland. Can anyone tell me? I'll be looking to order tomorrow but would like the stuff delivered next week!

I made an order on Sunday and received it on Wednesday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

usually 3-4 days

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Cheers

i ordered 20 socks and shorts no bother, sondico ones. shorts were fine but socks werent great. sure i got what i paid for. id go for umbro or nike next time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Cheers

I made a huge order earlier this year. It arrived in a huge cardboard box, about the size of a washing machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

Lads I'm getting a "we are currently unable to deliver to this address" message from them..

I ordered before from them no problem, I'm ordering 30 pairs of socks & couple other things.. Anyone know why lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Just a heads up. Saw some poster the other day saying they stuck a cup in his basket when ordering loads of stuff that he did not want and tried charging him for it.

Same sh!t happened to me today some stupid sports direct sports magazine for 1.80!! ****in nerve of them it really is disgusting carry on that they try to rip you off like that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

If they try to sneak something into your basket you should really complain to them - that's ridiculous. I wonder how many people on here actually thought they got ''free'' mugs in the past when that wasn't the case...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

They tried to sneak the Sports Direct magazine into my cart this morning at a charge of 1.20. Without boards i probably wouldn't have even checked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

They tried to sneak the Sports Direct magazine into my cart this morning at a charge of 1.20. Without boards i probably wouldn't have even checked.

Same here. Dirty f*ckers

Advertisement