Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SportsDirect.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

I experienced the same myself yesterday - sent them a complaint about it and got this response:

''The mug is clearly featured in the overview of your order at a cost of 99p. the option of removing the mug is available at the checkout. Once the mug is removed, it will not be added to future orders. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.''

...except in my case it was a magazine....bit of a cheeky response aswell IMO. If I want it, I will order it myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

They're sneaky b*stards. Can you imagine if they tried that sh*t when you were physically in the shop? They know they wouldn't get away with it and know it's not right!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,305 ✭✭✭Macy0161

MrStuffins wrote: »
    They're sneaky b*stards. Can you imagine if they tried that sh*t when you were physically in the shop? They know they wouldn't get away with it and know it's not right!
    What, like asking you at the checkout do you want some special or other? Loads of shops do that.

No, like you go to the counter with your £20 item and they take a magazine, scan it, but it in your bag and charge you for it without actually telling you!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,305 ✭✭✭Macy0161

MrStuffins wrote: »
    No, like you go to the counter with your £20 item and they take a magazine, scan it, but it in your bag and charge you for it without actually telling you!
    Its listed in your basket from the get go, and then when you go to check out. Its not put on your card until you authorise it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭RayCon

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Its listed in your basket from the get go, and then when you go to check out. Its not put on your card until you authorise it.

The problem is it defaults a magazine into your cart ... it's up to you to remove it ... that's sneaky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

What, like asking you at the checkout do you want some special or other? Loads of shops do that.

But that's the thing - they don't ask. They could have easily made an option - ''would you like to add this mug for 99p - YES/NO'' - buit they didn't. They just stick it in your basket and it's up to you to remove it - if you notice it in time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

It's very sneaky by sportsdirect. It's like throwing something into your trolley without telling you. Some will notice it, plenty won't.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

When you browse about the site, it's not in your basket at first. Only when you add an item to your basket is the cup/magazine added. As has been pointed out, if you were in their shop and brought something up to the counter, it would be the same as the assistant just scanning a mug or mag and then popping it into your bag without asking. You would need to say I didn't want that.

I was willing to think it might have been an oversight or error of some sort from when they were giving them away for free. But as it is, they are currently running it as an opt-out feature only instead of an opt-in. Bad PR move imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

If I ordered right now off sports direct would I have it in time for Monday??

Going on holiday Tuesday morning and want to get some t shirts and shorts on the cheap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Luis21

If I ordered right now off sports direct would I have it in time for Monday??

Going on holiday Tuesday morning and want to get some t shirts and shorts on the cheap

Maybe

I ordered Saturday night, shipped on Monday, delivered this morning.

I'd guess if you ordered today it'd ship tomorrow and land on Monday but there's no guarantees!

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

I ordered stuff on Sunday and it arrived today, so you could be lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Thanks lads, Think I'll risk it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Should get to you Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

They tried to sneak the Sports Direct magazine into my cart this morning at a charge of 1.20. Without boards i probably wouldn't have even checked.

The Ryanair of sports shops eh !! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Kace

Hi all - Looking to place an order shortly. Would anyone have any form of discount code for September for cheaper shipping or cash off your total ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Read the thread. If we have codes we put them up
    Its cheap enough anyway just order.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 IrishLad1996

Any codes for getting discounts for football boots on sports direct?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Lago

Was just about to buy some boots from these and was reading the T&C and was a bit confused about this part:
    You will be responsible for payment of any such import duties and taxes.

Does this mean I have to pay for it myself or is it just added to the price of the order? Or do I even have to pay any import duties?

• Advertisement

Edit: double post

Lago wrote: »
    Was just about to buy some boots from these and was reading the T&C and was a bit confused about this part:

Does this mean I have to pay for it myself or is it just added to the price of the order? Or do I even have to pay any import duties?

No, they ship from Engerland

vicwatson wrote: »
    No, they ship from Engerland

Good stuff, thanks a million!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

anybody bought any of the Karrimor running t-shirts?

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Sub430

Yep, ran in it a few times, fine - washes well.
    Grand for €7.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Anyone who has ordered stuff, was it couriered or delivered by An Post?

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Courier.

DHL

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Right, I'm in the UK ordering it, so presume its same deal, its just that I'm at work, not sure if I can order it to workplace - flying on Friday night so time is kinda tight! Will order tonight with next day delivery, so should definitely be there by Friday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

I didn't like the sizing, on the large side, particularly around the neck line. Haven't worn either of the shirts since I got them.

Advertisement