Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Wexford 2 Day August 17th -18th

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭michael196

this is going to take some time. But I want it to be 100% right.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

michael196 wrote: »

You're some man Mick. You should be very proud!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Buddha Star

GOOD ON YOU! That level of commitment shows your professionalism and that each rider's effort to be there is respected and matters to WW.

Working directly with the grading officer from CI also to resolve.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Slo_Rida

If you can knock some time off my GC I'll buy you a pint. Don't make it too obvious though...I'll take 3rd overall on GC.
    Slo/Fast

• Advertisement

Sean Bracken, Cycling Ireland Grading officer is working directly with me on all the placings.

The A4 data. I have requested Precision to send me the data as acquired and I am re processing that data.

Realistically, it will be this evening before I can get onto this ( have to go get a crust ) .

Each rider who paid to enter, deserves their timings, good or bad. It matters to me , to Wexford Wheelers and to our Sponsor.

I have a good idea on what happened and why as regards reporting results. Largely acquisition of times worked, ( chip to sensors ) but the subsequent processing failed badly.

The time behind the GC ( down to sub seconds ) determined the GC, but the printed reported results are rounded up in time , making most of the times appear the same, as printed. That is where Our issue lies, but I need to data from Precision to verify this.

I did this process last night for A1-A3, and will do A4 tonight.

Thank you for your positive comments about the event. As said, will continue to work to resolve the reported A4.

Looking forward to the Sean Kelly at the weekend, as will be the first time on a bike in 3-4 weeks.

please dont rush CI and the grading officer on points in the A4.

CI are waiting for data from me .

CI Grading officer and CI in general , are very helpful in resolving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭dedocdude

well done on rectifying the times - most races would just leave it at that - I've ridden much bigger stage races that consistently have timing problems on the GC every year, so not so sure why there is so much talk of the timing issues here, i see lads on twitter complaining too.

Did it decide the jersey or something? To be honest i wasn't following the race at all so genuinely don't know

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭dooverylittle

please dont rush CI and the grading officer on points in the A4.

CI are waiting for data from me .

CI Grading officer and CI in general , are very helpful in resolving.

Michael thanks for a suberb weekend of racing. Do you know if I get any points for winning the A4 time trial? I think I need 2 more to be upgraded. Do I race A4 until I am notified by CI. Thanks again for the incredible effort you and WW have gone to. I hope the timing issues don't put you off running the event again next year.

dedocdude wrote: »
    well done on rectifying the times - most races would just leave it at that - I've ridden much bigger stage races that consistently have timing problems on the GC every year, so not so sure why there is so much talk of the timing issues here, i see lads on twitter complaining too.

Did it decide the jersey or something? To be honest i wasn't following the race at all so genuinely don't know

There's a bubble and sometimes people can't see outside of theirs.
    It was the smoothest run event I've ever seen. Great weekends racing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Buddha Star

I used to organize conferences.This was a cycle race. There seems to be some cross over between the two disciplines from what i can see. http://www.unireg.com/t,29.php

WW got so much RIGHT and deserve to be congratulated. Dont forget this is all the work of volunteers (Well paid conference organizers often get so many things very ropey as many of you know from experience.)

Knowing what action you expect form the event (conference in my case. Cycle race here) is the big piece. What exactly are people coming for. What outcomes do they expect to achieve? (Not necessarily a win but a challenging race , CI points fairly distributed, etc.)

Drafting in third party to manage certain aspects to achieve this is normal practice for (eg catering, technical equipment etc).

The final piece is evaluation which WW are doing very carefully. As a previous poster pointed out many cycle races somewhat gloss over this all important element in running any event.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭LeoD

Michael thanks for a suberb weekend of racing. Do you know if I get any points for winning the A4 time trial? I think I need 2 more to be upgraded. Do I race A4 until I am notified by CI. Thanks again for the incredible effort you and WW have gone to. I hope the timing issues don't put you off running the event again next year.

Shouldn't you be asking CI that question?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭polariz

Points for the TT were 3,2,1 so you're up!

there is no rider 'Doovery Little' registered .....

LeoD wrote: »
    Shouldn't you be asking CI that question?

Perhaps, but I was only asking michael as he said there would be a delay in allocation of points.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

there is no rider 'Doovery Little' registered .....

Doesn't that name cover all A4's ?

:pac:

Perhaps, but I was only asking michael as he said there would be a delay in allocation of points.

Ahem ........ I need your real name .......

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

MOD VOICE: By PM obviously

CramCycle wrote: »
    MOD VOICE: By PM obviously

In fairness he has already said he won the A4 TT.....

I can remain anonymous! The CI ranking are updated online.
    Thanks Michael, enjoy the SK.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Slo_Rida wrote: »
    In fairness he has already said he won the A4 TT.....

That maybe true but that can still all be done by PM rather than in thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭dedocdude

Cant see how anyone could give out about this event, it even had closed roads!;)

268185.jpg

dedocdude wrote: »
    Cant see how anyone could give out about this event, it even had closed roads!;)

That's those pesky A2/3's at it again...you wouldn't have seen that in the A4 bunch :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭buffalo

That's those pesky A2/3's at it again...you wouldn't have seen that in the A4 bunch :cool:

In fairness, at one point I was at the side of the road when the A4 bunch passed. Up ahead they spread out across the road, and a car left the cavalcade and drove up to the rear of the bunch on the right-hand side. A moment later, the bunch compressed back into the correct lane. Not sure if it was entirely coincidental, but it certainly looked like somebody was enforcing the RotR.

Also, when I pulled up, I had four service cars/marshalls/motos ask separately if I was okay, which just about sums up the spirit of the weekend for me.

buffalo wrote: »
    In fairness, at one point I was at the side of the road when the A4 bunch passed. Up ahead they spread out across the road, and a car left the cavalcade and drove up to the rear of the bunch on the right-hand side. A moment later, the bunch compressed back into the correct lane. Not sure if it was entirely coincidental, but it certainly looked like somebody was enforcing the RotR.

Also, when I pulled up, I had four service cars/marshalls/motos ask separately if I was okay, which just about sums up the spirit of the weekend for me.

The marshalling was phenomanol. We (A4) only had one car (neutral service) pass us out on the back road over the whole weekend asfair. On the main road it obviously didn't matter.
    Couldn't agree more re spirit of the weekend and I feel angry that the spirit of this thread post race is not reflecting that. One lousy issue (albeit an important one) is dominating.
    From the minute I met the lady at sign-on, all the volunteers were so nice to us. Even when we were all asking the same questions over and over they were always willing to help. Even when they were standing in the pouring rain Saturday morning they were still in good form. They absolutely made my weekend. I stood chatting to different members of the volunteer team at different times especially around the TT and had great chats.
    I know that after "TimingGate" has subsided, people will remember this weekend for the marvel that it was.
    Can't wait for next years edition.
    Hats off to the WW team and the other clubs who, as Michael mentioned, provided valuable support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Aodho

Couldn't agree more re spirit of the weekend and I feel angry that the spirit of this thread post race is not reflecting that. One lousy issue (albeit an important one) is dominating.

Don't think so fella.. majority who have aired their opinion on the timing issue have also strongly qualified their (reasoanble) complaint w/ both compliments & congratulations to Michael & WW for the otherwise outstanding event they produced.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Arthurdaly

I know that after "TimingGate" has subsided, people will remember this weekend for the marvel that it was.
    Can't wait for next years edition.
    Hats off to the WW team and the other clubs who, as Michael mentioned, provided valuable support.

You are obviously new to racing and particularly stage racing. Get the times right and then worry about music/ice cream.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

When I got dropped from the A4 bunch at the end there was no neutral service car for me to draft. Also I feel some of the people clapping and cheering me at the finish were doing so in an ironic manner. Who do I complain to? :D

Aodho wrote: »
    Don't think so fella.. majority who have aired their opinion on the timing issue have also strongly qualified their (reasoanble) complaint w/ both compliments & congratulations to Michael & WW for the otherwise outstanding event they produced.

Fella? Nice!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭531

daragh_ wrote: »
    When I got dropped from the A4 bunch at the end there was no neutral service car for me to draft. Also I feel some of the people clapping and cheering me at the finish were doing so in an ironic manner. Who do I complain to? :D

That's terrible. :Definitely complain to Michael. He will arrange for another car. He will also round up a gang of strawberry pickers to applaud you over the line while recognising your achievement in finishing at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement