Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fetac CAO offers 2013..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Emmab95

And by the looks of your smiley your happy about it too. Congrats to you. :)
    Ur lucky, I just put down DBS as a back-up just in case but really there is no way I can afford that fee.

I tell you guy, this was one huge wake-up call for me, because my LC and FETAC results were not totally great, but I genuinely thought that i could get in on a media course at least, since I remember hearing ages ago that applicants for arty courses like this went down, so i thought I has some sort of a shot. :confused::o

I'm just happy I got something tbh! Sure you never know and maybe someone won't accept a course and you may get a place in another round

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Sean1975

TheStig13 wrote: »
    got my first choice in Carlow.. Computing.. Delighted :D

ur gonna enjoy it there was in the campus regularly last yr
    orientation for mature student is on the 2nd and 3rd of sept
    registration is on the 9th and 10th i think
    and classes start the 11th
    fully calender is on www.itcarlow.com

full calender

http://www.itcarlow.ie/staff-students/academic-calendar.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭TheStig13

Sean1975 wrote: »
    ur gonna enjoy it there was in the campus regularly last yr
    orientation for mature student is on the 2nd and 3rd of sept
    registration is on the 9th and 10th i think
    and classes start the 11th
    fully calender is on www.itcarlow.com

cheers for the link. looking forward to starting now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭mossy95

Hey can somebody help me here, on the homepage of the CAO, on the left hand side it says available/Vacant places and there's a list of of courses shown when you click on it. So are these courses available to anyone or?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Bekah13

Got my first choice in Carlow too :D Congrats!

this is a good read
    http://www.itcarlow.ie/events.htm/view/id/1679

Bekah13 wrote: »
    Got my first choice in Carlow too :D Congrats!

read the links i posted for thestig13

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭happyviolet

What do you do if you don't want the offer that has been given to you? Do you just ignore it on your online application or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭TheStig13

sound for that. looks like im in on monday the 9th. when yee guys in?

• Advertisement

What do you do if you don't want the offer that has been given to you? Do you just ignore it on your online application or what?

i think u can contact them and reject it and hope u get an offer in the next round or u can just ignore it and they will assume u don't want it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Yellow121

Well done to everyone who got what they wanted. Hard luck to everyone else.
    Didn't get my first choice in level 8, did in level 7 but I actually want to do my second chocice in that list. I know it's my own fault for not picking it first but if I reject the place I was offered is there a chance I could get my second choice in the next round?

sound for that. looks like im in on monday the 9th. when yee guys in?

I'm in tuesday evening at 8 :( but i am in on the 2nd or 3rd also for mature student orientation :)

Yellow121 wrote: »
    Didn't get my first choice in level 8, did in level 7 but I actually want to do my second chocice in that list. I know it's my own fault for not picking it first but if I reject the place I was offered is there a chance I could get my second choice in the next round?

My advice is ask CAO they will be very busy atm but i am not going to say what to do just in case i am wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Sinny2

As far as i know you cant get offered anything lower than what your offer was only higher

Sinny2 wrote: »
    As far as i know you cant get offered anything lower than what your offer was only higher

Ok, thanks Sinny. Unlucky with the nursing, you gonna accept your 10th choice?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭mossy95

Hey can somebody help me here, on the homepage of the CAO, on the left hand side it says available/Vacant places and there's a list of of courses shown when you click on it. So are these courses available to anyone or?

Ok, thanks Sinny. Unlucky with the nursing, you gonna accept your 10th choice?

nah i dont think so i really wanted nursing :/ i was reading there on wit.ie about a transfer request if i did accept my 10th choice and it cud be possible to transfer over to a different course but i dont know if nursing is included on the transfer list so i dunno what to do...

mossy95 wrote: »

they are closed atm while the offers are on according to the page.
    but when they become available they may be but i am not to sure send an email to the cao and ask

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Emmab95

Anybody else get Sligo? :)

• Advertisement

nah i dont think so i really wanted nursing :/ i was reading there on wit.ie about a transfer request if i did accept my 10th choice and it cud be possible to transfer over to a different course but i dont know if nursing is included on the transfer list so i dunno what to do...

u can accept it and get offered a higher option i n the next round and in the mean time contact wit to see if u can transfer.
    If u dont get another offer u can contact cao and tell them u are not accepting for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 36 keeponclimbing

Got offered my third choice a level 7 and am happy enough with that. I'm just glad I can finally start getting a good nights sleep again :-) My 3rd choice was intended to be my safety net so I'm relieved it worked! And my thoughts are with anyone who didn't get any offers keep positive guys!

It's hard to know now isn't it? Try to find out if you can transfer anyway, there might be a small chance. I suppose there wont be many rejecting their nursing course so the next round mighten't be much use.
    It goes back to what we were talking about last time, the system needs to be fairer, not a lottery.

u can accept it and get offered a higher option i n the next round and in the mean time contact wit to see if u can transfer.
    If u dont get another offer u can contact cao and tell them u are not accepting for some reason

i know nursing places defo dont be giving out in the next rounds as they were filled in round zero but thanks i'll email w.i.t and ask about transfers

It's hard to know now isn't it? Try to find out if you can transfer anyway, there might be a small chance. I suppose there wont be many rejecting their nursing course so the next round mighten't be much use.
    It goes back to what we were talking about last time, the system needs to be fairer, not a lottery.

im gonna find out about transfers anyway first. Yeah im not as gutted today as what i was the last time because i wasnt really expecting many places to be available if any this round. It does need to be alot fairer.. You gonna accept yours? :)

im gonna find out about transfers anyway first. Yeah im not as gutted today as what i was the last time because i wasnt really expecting many places to be available if any this round. It does need to be alot fairer.. You gonna accept yours? :)

I don't think so, it's a good distance away and not exactly what I want to do now. My own fault, I changed my mind after the change of mind if you know what I mean? Would have loved to change the order.
    It's back to looking into other areas and seeing what to do next. Good luck with it all Sinny, you deserve a bit of luck. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭katieg19

Lamina wrote: »
    Ya I'm ****ed anyway, just looked at the CAO points that was uploaded in the Leaving Cert area. Got nothing :( It all went up. Best of luck to ye all. I never have any luck :(
    Didnt get nursing either.. theres always next year I guess. :(

I don't think so, it's a good distance away and not exactly what I want to do now. My own fault, I changed my mind after the change of mind if you know what I mean? Would have loved to change the order.
    It's back to looking into other areas and seeing what to do next. Good luck with it all Sinny, you deserve a bit of luck. :)

well a big long email is gone off to wit now anyways :P i think im on plan D now so we can always go with plan D and go after these cao people lol

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭katieg19

Yeah, didnt get offered what I wanted but in the long run it could bring me to what I want to do (vet medicine) but just means I have to move to Galway with I dint expect or want to do.. decisions decisions! Congrats to everyone who got what they wanted! :)

• Advertisement

You do too, you should email or ring cao just to be sure theres no way you can take your second choice. If you don't try you'll never know :)

Advertisement