Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fetac CAO offers 2013..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Edel666

I did, I applyed for other media courses, as well as cooking and computing courses. But of course my points and FETAC probably won't help. that and the fact I had my offer at second place on the LV 6/7 list, god knows why i did not remember to move it, and I am also discovering now that you can't go below the list of choices. Absolutly head-wreaking, this CAO is.
    Did you accept any offers already? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭happyviolet

Edel666 wrote: »
    Did you accept any offers already? :)

No because the one of Dublin Business school was the only offer, and I cannot take it, cannot afford it anyway. :/ Il just do another PLC or repeat LC.

No because the one of Dublin Business school was the only offer, and I cannot take it, cannot afford it anyway. :/ Il just do another PLC or repeat LC.
    Awh sorry to hear that, my advice would be to do another PLC be a lot, less stressful than the LC and you'll be able to use your fetac results when applying again. It's up to you though :) You might get something in round two think more offers might be coming out this week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Forever21

Ya i did Early Childhood Education in IT Sligo so happy :)

Cool . It's a great feeling:)

Forever21 wrote: »
    Cool . It's a great feeling:)
    Ya I know, now it's the stress of accommodation haha :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 keeponclimbing

The fetac point system sure is interesting to say the least. My dream course was a level 8 one which required 295 points to do, plus three distinctions. I got 320 points when my modules were converted to points and was offered a level 7 course worth 285 which I accepted gladly this morning. My point is though, are Fetac really saying that those who met the point requirement for the level 8 course but were one distinction short really not suited for such a course? If that is the case, then this medieval system of selection should be changed for future applicants, I feel. It is slightly cruel that I missed out on my dream course because of this selection method and I'm sure this has happened to others before as well.

Oh well, I'm still looking forward to the course I accepted and hopefully it will be a great one. Congratulations to everyone on their places :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭currychips

Turns out i cant transfer :(

The fetac point system sure is interesting to say the least. My dream course was a level 8 one which required 295 points to do, plus three distinctions. I got 320 points when my modules were converted to points and was offered a level 7 course worth 285 which I accepted gladly this morning. My point is though, are Fetac really saying that those who met the point requirement for the level 8 course but were one distinction short really not suited for such a course? If that is the case, then this medieval system of selection should be changed for future applicants, I feel. It is slightly cruel that I missed out on my dream course because of this selection method and I'm sure this has happened to others before as well.

Oh well, I'm still looking forward to the course I accepted and hopefully it will be a great one. Congratulations to everyone on their places :-)
    What if people were off by one distinction is it?

Awh no that's a shame, look at the bright side at least you got some place, Athlone seems like a nice spot. Is that for Level 8?

Awh no that's a shame, look at the bright side at least you got some place, Athlone seems like a nice spot. Is that for Level 8?

Im definately not going to Athlone :( Just have to go and do another plc.

System is a complete balls !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Sean1975

Think the whole system is not geared properly and I know people can't be allowed to change their mind right to the last day but in between rounds would be fair. Also it should be stated in the prospectus exactly what is required and not minimum requirements as it woulda me for better students

currychips wrote: »
    Im definately not going to Athlone :( Just have to go and do another plc.

System is a complete balls !
    Ya it is annoying how you can't get transferred alright especially when you met the requirements. Do you think you'll get anymore offers?

What if people were off by one distinction is it?

Yep, edel that's me! I got two distinctions and 6 merits, but I'm fine with it, it just seems unnecessary that I missed out on my dream course because of that. I actually appealed three of my merits which, would you believe, were only 2% of the 80% required for a distinction! But the appeal was unsuccessful :-) Either way, at least I've got some a three year course to sink my teeth into! Which I'm glad for. Oh btw has anyone heard back from Susi yet I haven't heard from them since I sent back all forms 3 or 4 weeks ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭MarkyMark22

I'd just like to say a big congratulation to everyone who got offered a place today! Well done!

To those who didn't get offered a place, keep your head up and stay positive. You can still get to where you want to be. It might just take a bit longer to do so. Be patient and keep working hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Sinny2

Yep, edel that's me! I got two distinctions and 6 merits, but I'm fine with it, it just seems unnecessary that I missed out on my dream course because of that. I actually appealed three of my merits which, would you believe, were only 2% of the 80% required for a distinction! But the appeal was unsuccessful :-) Either way, at least I've got some a three year course to sink my teeth into! Which I'm glad for. Oh btw has anyone heard back from Susi yet I haven't heard from them since I sent back all forms 3 or 4 weeks ago...

I heard back bout 2 weeks ago to say everything was provisionally approved and would be approved once they received confirmation of course acceptance from cao

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Yellow121

Sinny2 wrote: »
    well a big long email is gone off to wit now anyways :P i think im on plan D now so we can always go with plan D and go after these cao people lol

:D Yes, lets sort them out!

That's really annoying think they should make some allowance. Apparently with some level 7/6 courses you can progress onto level 8 :)

Yellow121 wrote: »
    What's plan D?

You do too, you should email or ring cao just to be sure theres no way you can take your second choice. If you don't try you'll never know :)

I will, I went back to bed earlier cause thought the CAO would be real busy. Probably still is but I'll try soon.

That's really annoying think they should make some allowance. Apparently with some level 7/6 courses you can progress onto level 8 :)

there is nearly always a step after a lvl6/7 course edel it was the option i was going to use but accepted the lvl 8 i was offered as it was the same as where i wanted to end up but with 400 points and then seeing in the paper the lvl8 acceptance is only 280 i feel all the study was a waste

• Advertisement

I'd just like to say a big congratulation to everyone who got offered a place today! Well done!

To those who didn't get offered a place, keep your head up and stay positive. You can still get to where you want to be. It might just take a bit longer to do so. Be patient and keep working hard.

This is good advise man. What did you get a round zero course? The main thing we should all remember is to keep moving forward and always strive to do better. However, my thoughts are with those looking over doing another plc course as plcs are surprisingly difficult and required so much work throughout the year, so to have to do it again...would be tough mentally. However, if someone hasn't done one or are thinking of doing one I would only recommend them! I did my leaving cert in 2011 having never had any intention of going to college, which was just as well as I only got 190 points. But its funny what a smelling salt the dole is and having done a plc I am now going to college...somewhere I never thought Id end up!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Sinny2

Yellow121 wrote: »

Im sitting here twiddlin my thumbs waiting patiently for wit to get bak to me :p

Im after hearing that Sligo IT only offered places to the leaving certs today for social studies :O Not fetac people !! And that in round two they offer all the leftover places to lc's AND fetac ppl ! :O soo really,, today wasnt even MEANT for me :O

Ahhhh ,, when does the 2013 points go up online ??

currychips wrote: »
    Im after hearing that Sligo IT only offered places to the leaving certs today for social studies :O Not fetac people !! And that in round two they offer all the leftover places to lc's AND fetac ppl ! :O soo really,, today wasnt even MEANT for me :O

Ahhhh ,, when does the 2013 points go up online ??

what course lvl are u looking at i have the supplement here and i'll tell u the points

Oh yeah, this level seven course I accepted does allow a fourth year option as a level 8, you're right about that, but what I wish I could do is my first choice which is unrelated to the offer I accepted. Maybe they'll get desperate and bend the rules in round 2 and offer me the level 8? Haha, though not much chance of that happening!

Sean1975 wrote: »
    what course lvl are u looking at i have the supplement here and i'll tell u the points

Social Care practice level 8 :)

Im sitting here twiddlin my thumbs waiting patiently for wit to get bak to me :p

Come on WIT, Sinny can't wait all day. You know I actually got offered a place in WIT but it's for sport performance and coaching. I don't think I'm going to take it so that's a space on that course up for grabs, maybe something similar might happen for you?

Sean1975 wrote: »

Wtf do other ITs do this? Wish they'd have said something I thought all the ITs offered at once!

What's plan D?

It's a special plan deviced by me and Sinny, it's illegal however but might make us feel better.

• Advertisement

Oh yeah, this level seven course I accepted does allow a fourth year option as a level 8, you're right about that, but what I wish I could do is my first choice which is unrelated to the offer I accepted. Maybe they'll get desperate and bend the rules in round 2 and offer me the level 8? Haha, though not much chance of that happening!
    You never know they might offer you something yet :)

Advertisement