Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fetac CAO offers 2013..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Forever21

Yellow121 wrote: »
    Well done to everyone who got what they wanted. Hard luck to everyone else.
    Didn't get my first choice in level 8, did in level 7 but I actually want to do my second chocice in that list. I know it's my own fault for not picking it first but if I reject the place I was offered is there a chance I could get my second choice in the next round?

No no . You can't go down only up on Cao. You won't get any offer below what you were offered.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Edel666

Emmab95 wrote: »
    Anybody else get Sligo? :)
    :) Are you going for Social Studies is it?

mossy95 wrote: »
    Hey can somebody help me here, on the homepage of the CAO, on the left hand side it says available/Vacant places and there's a list of of courses shown when you click on it. So are these courses available to anyone or?
    As far as I know that page is open at 12pm :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭happyviolet

I have another question, does anyone know if points at Dundalk IT went up? I was hoping for a place in Communications In Creative Multimedia Level 7 and it was 200 points on the website but just want to see if they went up because I know people posted lists about the LC points somewhere on here but I can't make head or tails of it when I read it.

I have another question, does anyone know if points at Dundalk IT went up? I was hoping for a place in Communications In Creative Media and it was 200 points on the website but just want to see if they went up because I know people posted lists about the LC points somewhere on here but I can't make head or tails of it when I read it.
    I'm not to sure about that. Is there anywhere online you can check? They'll probably be out today in the papers. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Sean1975

I have another question, does anyone know if points at Dundalk IT went up? I was hoping for a place in Communications In Creative Multimedia and it was 200 points on the website but just want to see if they went up because I know people posted lists about the LC points somewhere on here but I can't make head or tails of it when I read it.

I looked at that and the first 2 pages are for level 8 courses and the 3rd page is for lvl 6/7

Guys quick question once we have accepted our offer do we wait for the college to contact us then?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭currychips

Didnt get my first choice on my level 8.

Absolutely gutted,, really wanted Social Studies in Sligo.

:(

Edel666 wrote: »
    Guys quick question once we have accepted our offer do we wait for the college to contact us then?

Yes edel u will get a confirmation text and email from cao then the college will contact u

I have another question, does anyone know if points at Dundalk IT went up? I was hoping for a place in Communications In Creative Multimedia Level 7 and it was 200 points on the website but just want to see if they went up because I know people posted lists about the LC points somewhere on here but I can't make head or tails of it when I read it.

It's 305points this year

• Advertisement

Sean1975 wrote: »
    Yes edel u will get a confirmation text and email from cao then the college will contact u
    Thank you. Did you get what you wanted? :)

currychips wrote: »
    Didnt get my first choice on my level 8.

Absolutely gutted,, really wanted Social Studies in Sligo.

:(
    Sorry to hear that you might get something in the next round. Did you get offered anything else?

Forever21 wrote: »
    It's 305points this year

Ah for f**k sake, I am not even close to that! :(:(:( Seriously think I should repeat my LC instead....

Ah for f**k sake, I am not even close to that! :(:(:( Seriously think I should repeat my LC instead....

Did you apply for anything else

Thank you. Did you get what you wanted? :)

I have my place since August 1st in Carlow IT bachelor with honours in civil engineering so I'm just passing on info I have been given

Hi guys quick question. Accepted my level 8 , got email & text to confirm I accepted but now I've got another email to say I've been offered a level7/6. Is that just automatic or what?

Hi guys quick question. Accepted my level 8 , got email & text to confirm I accepted but now I've got another email to say I've been offered a level7/6. Is that just automatic or what?

I it the lvl 8 u wanted.... If do just ignore the lvl 6/7 or reject it ....

I it the lvl 8 u wanted.... If do just ignore the lvl 6/7 or reject it ....

Yea it's my dream come true course:)

I have my place since August 1st in Carlow IT bachelor with honours in civil engineering so I'm just passing on info I have been given
    Thanks , good to hear you got an offer :)

Yea it's my dream come true course:)

Then just ignore the lvl 6/7 or reject it of that's available and accept ur lvl 8
    Congrats :)

• Advertisement

Then just ignore the lvl 6/7 or reject it of that's available and accept ur lvl 8
    Congrats :)
    What are you going for Forever21?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭currychips

OMG. Just found out that a few people in my class that got a lot less distinctions than me got into IT SLIGO!! :( What the hell ??

What is the chances of me getting a transfer from athlone to sligo , the same course ?? PLEASE RESPOND !!

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭MoonDancer

Was offered my 1st choice for level 6/7 in Science.
    I really wanted nursing, this is my 3rd time to apply, it says I am ineligible for Nursing at level 8, but I have gotten 400 points with FETAC for a pre nursing course.
    Am I missing something?

currychips wrote: »
    OMG. Just found out that a few people in my class that got a lot less distinctions than me got into IT SLIGO!! :( What the hell ??

What is the chances of me getting a transfer from athlone to sligo , the same course ?? PLEASE RESPOND !!
    Ok currychips what I would advice you to do is to probably contact either Athlone or Sligo maybe you'd be better to contact Athlone first as that's the college that offered you a place and then they will tell you what to do? :)

MoonDancer wrote: »
    Was offered my 1st choice for level 6/7 in Science.
    I really wanted nursing, this is my 3rd time to apply, it says I am ineligible for Nursing at level 8, but I have gotten 400 points with FETAC for a pre nursing course.
    Am I missing something?
    I'd say your best bet might be to contact the college and ask them.

What are you going for Forever21?

WIT entertainment systems:)

Awh well done good to hear. :)

Awh well done good to hear. :)

Did you get your first choice& for where

Did you get your first choice& for where
    Ya i did Early Childhood Education in IT Sligo so happy :)

• Advertisement

Did you apply for anything else

I did, I applyed for other media courses, as well as cooking and computing courses. But of course my points and FETAC probably won't help. that and the fact I had my offer at second place on the LV 6/7 list, god knows why i did not remember to move it, and I am also discovering now that you can't go below the list of choices. Absolutly head-wreaking, this CAO is.

Advertisement