Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fetac CAO offers 2013..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Edel666

Jonathanod wrote: »
    I applied for Higher Certificate in Science - Physiology & Health science but didn't realise that you needed certain fetac modules so I wont get an offer for it
    Nope i didn't apply for Carlow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Sean1975

TheStig13 wrote: »
    goodluck to everyone :D

anyone apply for carlow?

have my place in carlow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Bekah13

Hi i got the same as that 7 distinctions and 1 merit and when i was on the phone to the cao they told me i had 372 points so i dont know how that was calculated

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Yellow121

Bekah13 wrote: »
    Hi i got the same as that 7 distinctions and 1 merit and when i was on the phone to the cao they told me i had 372 points so i dont know how that was calculated

You don't wanna know. Very complicated.

Yellow121 wrote: »
    You don't wanna know. Very complicated.
    Ya is there away to calculate them online?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭happyviolet

Is anyone else pulling an all-nighter, just in case? My sleeping pattern has gone f**ked this week anyway, been up last night till 4am, so might as well just go through the whole night tonight.

Also what happens if the site crashes? Like could you miss out on getting your offers or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

Last year i tried it at 6, crashed. Tried again at 6:15, still no sign of it working. Was nearly 7 before i got on, only to be disappointed.

It more than likely will crash so dont worry if it does.

Also the CAO points are usually in the papers in the morning, so by 5am someone could get a hold of one and upload pics of it online and you can see what the points were

Previously people have gotten hold of papers from 2.00 a.m. or so, and then they've begun the arduous task of scanning in the image and answering questions at the same time. Just be careful that the column you're looking at is the 2013 points, as the newspapers show the previous year's points in an adjacent column...

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Sinny2

Not long to go now .. Getting so nervous not holding out much hope of an offer lol

goodluck to everyone :D

anyone apply for carlow?

I applied for Early Childhood Care and Education in Carlow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭liam650

I got 10 Distinctions, have 10 courses applied for, if i dont get an offer its really going to be tough going forward

• Advertisement

liam650 wrote: »
    I got 10 Distinctions, have 10 courses applied for, if i dont get an offer its really going to be tough going forward

what did yu apply for? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭liam650

Sinny2 wrote: »
    what did yu apply for? :)[/QUOTE

all sports courses, hope to get the one in LIT :p

Good luck with the nursing Sinny. It was you I was talking to 2 weeks ago about this wasn't it? A long two weeks. :D

Edel666 wrote: »
    Ya is there away to calculate them online?

Well, you have to calculate it yourself really but it's very complicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭TheStig13

I applied for Early Childhood Care and Education in Carlow :)

are you using leaving cert points or FETAC?

Well, you have to calculate it yourself really but it's very complicated.

It is complicated enough but the rule of 50 = distinction, 35= merit and 20= pass is still not to far off.

liam650 wrote: »
    what did yu apply for? :)[/QUOTE

all sports courses, hope to get the one in LIT :p

ah best of luck anyway :) yu shud get it :)

It is complicated enough but the rule of 50 = distinction, 35= merit and 20= pass is still not to far off.

Yeah, you're better off sticking with that. The whole divide it by 10 multiply it by whatever, distiction is 3.3333333333, merit is 2.222222222 and all that shtuff is crazy.
    Basically if you got 4 distinctions, 2 merits and 2 pass you'd add it like this:
    4 distinctions = 200, 2 merits = 70 and 2 pass = 40. Overal you got 310 points.

Good luck with the nursing Sinny. It was you I was talking to 2 weeks ago about this wasn't it? A long two weeks. :D

yep it was :D very long two weeks :p only few hours now :D

Is anyone else pulling an all-nighter, just in case? My sleeping pattern has gone f**ked this week anyway, been up last night till 4am, so might as well just go through the whole night tonight.

Also what happens if the site crashes? Like could you miss out on getting your offers or what?
    Ya depends if i'm able to sleep :P i was out late last night, no where near tired now though. My sleeping pattern isn't great either. I don't know about that i doubt you would miss out on one, cause they'll send us a text and e-mail saying we have an offer. :)

• Advertisement

yep it was :D very long two weeks :p only few hours now :D

:D These hours will be long though. Remember if we're not happy we hit the road to take down the CAO, a coup. :P

:D These hours will be long though. Remember if we're not happy we hit the road to take down the CAO, a coup. :P
    It's going to be exciting when we wake up tomorrow. :)

yes thats our plan! :D oooh gona b a fun few hours :D

yes thats our plan! :D oooh gona b a fun few hours :D

You staying up or trying to sleep first?

are you using leaving cert points or FETAC?

I'm using my FETAC points I have all the requirements so hopefully i'll get it. What did you apply for?

You staying up or trying to sleep first?

i probably wont be able sleep :p i will if i can but i dont even wanna check tomorrow, think i'll get someone to check for me :p

i probably wont be able sleep :p i will if i can but i dont even wanna check tomorrow, think i'll get someone to check for me :p

:D That might make it worse. I dont know. Good luck anyway Sinny. :)

:D That might make it worse. I dont know. Good luck anyway Sinny. :)

goodluck with yours too and everyone else :)

goodluck with yours too and everyone else :)
    Every night during the summer I was so nervous about this don't know how i'll be tonight. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭TheStig13

I'm using my FETAC points I have all the requirements so hopefully i'll get it. What did you apply for?

oh happy days well done. you have a great chance.. :D

I applied for higher certificate in computing and also computer systems management.
    I am going against leaving cert students as there is no FETAC requirements for either i applied for. here's hoping :pac:

Advertisement