Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stingiest thing you've seen stingy people do

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭truebluesac

When i was a chungfella in school if ya needed to have a poo youd have to go the secatarys officevand ask for jax rool . He would measure off 4-5 sheets and hand them to ya , then off youd trot to have a ...............

Id say he had the whole rool for a full school term

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Glad to hear it! Did Elaine confront Stinge or the other way round?

Are any of ye in contact with Stinge now?

She didn't confront her until we were all out in Ennis a few months later. The stinge, as per usual, had expected Elaine to pick her up but Elaine ignored her, switching her phone off a few hours before she headed out. So we were all in the pub when the stinge arrived in, an hour and a half late and drenched wet from the rain. She honestly had the neck to be pissed off and she passed some smart comment to Elaine about not giving her a lift. Elaine ignored her and didn't speak to her all night. At closing time, Elaine started saying her goodbyes (she wasn't drinking as she was working the next day and we were all heading off to a club) and as she did, the stinge grabbed her coat to put it on and leave with her. Elaine asked her where did she think she was going and the stinge with a big confused head says 'sure I might aswell get a lift with you'. To be fair to Elaine, she was still too good hearted not to lash into the stinge in front of everyone, instead taking her outside the door of the pub to have words with her. We never found out what was said but we've only seen the stinge once since and that was at christmas and it was a family thing (her family and Elaine's family have a night out together every year so we went down to meet Elaine for moral support) and she acted as if we were all great friends and nothing had ever happened :confused: Thankfully, she hasn't made any contact since :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

:DI love the Elaine stories!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Thanks for the great read mrspostman!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

Fair play to Elaine for not making a show of her in the pub :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Lyrical

I dunno if other people will see this as stingy but at the time I thought it was a pretty crummy thing to do.I started college last year and as I lived closer to the college than everyone else in my class and I had no excuse for not showing up I used to help other students out by signing them into classes,I would also help guys out with any "homework" we got nothing major I admit.One guy I used to do this for knew someone in the year ahead of us and used to be able to get projects that his friend had completed the previous year,so I asked him could he send it on to me to get an idea how to approach the project we had got.

He said that was no problem and sent me on the project reading through it I thought to myself that the project didn't make much sense and for a guy who got top marks during the previous year it wasn't a great project.By chance I was talking to another student in my class about the project he got off one of the other guys in the class from the previous year and said he'd send it on to me.To my surprise it was the same project however there was quite a few paragraphs included that wasn't in the version I got.Apparently the guy originally was in a hump that I got higher marks in an exam previously (first world problems) and decided to give me an edited version of the project by deleting a few paragraphs to catch me out I think :confused:.

However I only needed a draft to go off and knowing how the lecturer would cop on to it if I copied a project word for word I did my own project and ended up doing one completely different than the draft I got.It made it all the sweeter I got a higher mark than him that and to see the disdain in his face.You reap what you sow :).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Where's the stinginess there :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

snubbleste wrote: »
    Where's the stinginess there :confused:

Probably that the dude edited the project :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭starling

^^^^^^ Don't know if that's stingy but it's definitely fúcked up, passive-aggressive dickery. What a sad little person he must be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Jaysus, that Stinge bird is some cúnt!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Lyrical wrote: »
    I dunno if other people will see this as stingy but at the time I thought it was a pretty crummy thing to do.I started college last year and as I lived closer to the college than everyone else in my class and I had no excuse for not showing up I used to help other students out by signing them into classes,I would also help guys out with any "homework" we got nothing major I admit.One guy I used to do this for knew someone in the year ahead of us and used to be able to get projects that his friend had completed the previous year,so I asked him could he send it on to me to get an idea how to approach the project we had got.

He said that was no problem and sent me on the project reading through it I thought to myself that the project didn't make much sense and for a guy who got top marks during the previous year it wasn't a great project.By chance I was talking to another student in my class about the project he got off one of the other guys in the class from the previous year and said he'd send it on to me.To my surprise it was the same project however there was quite a few paragraphs included that wasn't in the version I got.Apparently the guy originally was in a hump that I got higher marks in an exam previously (first world problems) and decided to give me an edited version of the project by deleting a few paragraphs to catch me out I think :confused:.

However I only needed a draft to go off and knowing how the lecturer would cop on to it if I copied a project word for word I did my own project and ended up doing one completely different than the draft I got.It made it all the sweeter I got a higher mark than him that and to see the disdain in his face.You reap what you sow :).

Same thing happened me. I usually get a fairly high grade in lab reports and anytime someone asks me for mine I send it on straight away. One girl in particular asks for tge quite regularly. Doesn't bother me at all.

But one time I asked her for her lab report and she sent me the worst lab report I've ever seen in my life. It didn't occur to me that she might have edited stuff out until tge next day when I seem her perfect "real" report. She hasn't gotten anything off me since :L

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

Same thing happened me. I usually get a fairly high grade in lab reports and anytime someone asks me for mine I send it on straight away. One girl in particular asks for tge quite regularly. Doesn't bother me at all.

But one time I asked her for her lab report and she sent me the worst lab report I've ever seen in my life. It didn't occur to me that she might have edited stuff out until tge next day when I seem her perfect "real" report. She hasn't gotten anything off me since :L

Sounds like the shower on The Apprentice. Take what they can get and stab you in the back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

From what I hear law is crazy for that kind of stuff. Thankfully engineers seem to team up and get assignments done together

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Shops that charge a fee for mobile phone credit :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

I know of people who go out, then after the nightclub sleep in the fast food outlet for hours until the first bus in the morning runs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

I know of people who go out, then after the nightclub sleep in the fast food outlet for hours until the first bus in the morning runs.

That sounds like hell.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

That sounds like hell.

Too tight to pay for a taxi. Even was proud of the fact they don't have to pay for taxis.

Lyrical wrote: »
    I dunno if other people will see this as stingy but at the time I thought it was a pretty crummy thing to do.I started college last year and as I lived closer to the college than everyone else in my class and I had no excuse for not showing up I used to help other students out by signing them into classes,I would also help guys out with any "homework" we got nothing major I admit.

Jays, maybe this makes me stingy but I wouldn't be doing this for anyone, maybe friends the odd time but outside of that, feck off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Wouldn't you love to sit beside them all day at work, hungover and unwashed...what a pleasure..:pac: Ooops, x posted, I was referring to those sleeping in fast food joints etc.

Guilty as charged :o I don't sleep though :L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

I don't get this, why would you go out if you couldn't afford taxi fare? surely they could put a few euro away for a taxi instead of throwing pints down their throats!

I don't get this, why would you go out if you couldn't afford taxi fare? surely they could put a few euro away for a taxi instead of throwing pints down their throats!

It's easy to say that but in reality it sometimes works out that you've no money left, no credit and nowhere else to go :L

Jays, maybe this makes me stingy but I wouldn't be doing this for anyone, maybe friends the odd time but outside of that, feck off!

I'm friends with everyone in my course so that's why I send them :L

It's easy to say that but in reality it sometimes works out that you've no money left, no credit and nowhere else to go :L

I can understand that in certain circumstances, but not this whole drink your taxi fare and stay stranded in town! ... scary:eek:

I can understand that in certain circumstances, but not this whole drink your taxi fare and stay stranded in town! ... scary:eek:

I've done it too many times to count :L it's weird seeing o Connell street with only like 3 people on it :L

I've done it too many times to count :L it's weird seeing o Connell street with only like 3 people on it :L

Do your nerves not be shot??, I'd be terrified! KEEP YOUR TAXI FARE STINGY:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

I remember me and my mate was short of taxi fare. We spent the night sleeping on the metal benches at the luas stop waiting for the first luas. Surprised we didn't lose out kidneys lol. Plan B was to ask the Guards for a lift but we didn't have the balls.

I'm friends with everyone in my course so that's why I send them :L

Even so, it's not your responsibility! Like I said, I'd certainly help out a friend. All my friends in college were very diligent (more diligent than me TBH) and very rarely would ask for a favour like this. Of course I would help them. But people who are just being bone idle, or hungover all the time? Not a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

If I can make an admission... I almost never pay for parking (pay and display). And Ill be parking in a town at least twice a werk! Ive been caught twice in seven years and have bought a ticket mabye five or six times (cappy was in the area)
    :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

If I can make an admission... I almost never pay for parking (pay and display). And Ill be parking in a town at least twice a werk! Ive been caught twice in seven years and have bought a ticket mabye five or six times (cappy was in the area)
    :o
    I do this myself. It's not stingy, it's a gamble and I'm prepared to accept the results

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement