Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GRAND THEFT AUTO ONLINE

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Absolutely mouthwatering:eek:.....I have a feeling the gf might be dumping me once this comes out:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34 tafkapts

How does everyone feel about having to wait another two weeks after GTA V is released to be able to play Online? There is a lot of new information floating about the web today but the most common date seems to be Oct 1st for the Online version to be unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I actually think it's a good thing. Single Player is going to be huge and I'd like to spend some time time exploring around instead of maybe rushing through somewhere so I can give Online a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Yeah, definitely think it's a good idea to have some time to figure it out. Sounds like it's going to be quite different from previous incarnations of GTA.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I actually think it's a good thing. Single Player is going to be huge and I'd like to spend some time time exploring around instead of maybe rushing through somewhere so I can give Online a go.
    Yeah I think its a good idea myself, it'll be good to get a feel for the lay of the land and figure out where all the cool vehicles are located & as you've said the single player game is going to be massive so it's not like there would be nothing to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

tafkapts wrote: »
    How does everyone feel about having to wait another two weeks after GTA V is released to be able to play Online? There is a lot of new information floating about the web today but the most common date seems to be Oct 1st for the Online version to be unlocked.

I don't mind it because gta 5 should be a single player experience first and foremost and to be able to push that in a time where a lot of single player 'stories' are god awful (COD, I'm looking at you) it's great to see a company insistent of telling so much of a story, three, infact!
    So to be able to have two weeks to revell in that is a good move, imo.

Also, consider the fact that there are whole new mechanics systems, it means we will have a chance to develop those skills before we need to be showing them off to the crew!

I remember fondly as when I first got gta 4, after an hour or so I jumped into mp and grabbed whatever mode has the bunch of guys who spawn at the helicopter used to get to the other side of the map?
    I jumped in and managed to be in the pilots seat and took off with the ability of hans moleman driving the truck carrying jebdiah spingfield's birthplace home.
    Needless to say my fellow traffickers were none too pleased!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭7ofBrian

I dont know whether to get this on the xbox or ps3?????

7ofBrian wrote: »
    I dont know whether to get this on the xbox or ps3?????

I can't see there being much difference between PS3 and 360 to be honest but all the demos that Rockstar have given to the press have been on PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭7ofBrian

Does it make a difference that im moving to canada in feb and can only bring one console. not sure which if either will work over there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,489 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Does it make a difference that im moving to canada in feb and can only bring one console. not sure which if either will work over there

Might be more of an issue for the power adapter than anything else. Maybe someone else can confirm if a transformer would be needed for a console (it is for some music equipment)

I'm not too sure about PS3 but your Xbox should work fine playing games online, the only problem you may encounter is purchasing items through Xbox live as your account is probably set up as an Irish account.

You may need to migrate your account to access the Canadian store.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

This looks amazing. I may get the finger out and get decent internet setup instead of the crap I have now..

Seantdi on ps3
    Think I sent a request for the crew too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Loved this part from the Gamestop preview:

Maybe you and some buddies want to throw on a couple masks and hold up a convenience store for a quick bit of cash. Easy money, right? Well, the player who physically receives the money from the cashier gets to decide how it's split between the team. If your buddy stiffs you on your share of the profit, you can either chase him down and steal it for yourself or keep your hands clean by hiring a hitman to take him out--it's your call. The game even tracks who your rivals are and lets you know when they've come online so that you can exact a little vengeance.

If you cross me then watch your back, I'm a good man to hold a grudge! :pac:

In that interview with R*, they said there will be incentives & rewards for crew members and people who have a Max Payne character on a certain level. Ilooked up the rockstar social site and I'm only level 7 in MP3. Feel like buying it again to get my level up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 johnmacauliffe

sent a crew invite request there.

PSN: jonnymacIRL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

I just want to be the getaway driver. Hopefully there will be a radio station with some synthrock like M83 or some stuff like Kavinsky from the movie Drive.

Apparantly Kavinsky has an entire station in GTA V...including the track Nightcall from Drive.

Apparantly Kavinsky has an entire station in GTA V...including the track Nightcall from Drive.

I just googled that and Kavinsky is the DJ, class news! Gonna make for some epic night time heists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

shrewdness wrote: »
    If you cross me then watch your back, I'm a good man to hold a grudge! :pac:

http://i.qkme.me/3oee5g.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Max Payne 3 worth the purchase if you havent played it before?

• Advertisement

Mc Love wrote: »

Big time man, such a great game. Multiplayer was a good laugh but the single player alone is worth it. Will give you an idea how the shooting will be in gta V as well. I've seen it around for 15 quid, I think in xtravision but it is going cheap in a lot of places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Wondering that myself, seems a little dark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Ps3
    Archetype05

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Max Payne very cheap at the momnet seen them 2nd hand in Xtra vision for 15

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Getting Splinter cell blacklist soon so that will keep me going till the 17th

Might go for a look so and see if I can get it cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Completely unrelated but I just picked up LA Noire in CEX for 12 quid happy days. Also I'd be up for a few rounds of Max on PS3 tag is the same as here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Might go for a look so and see if I can get it cheap!

15 in CEX if that suits you and they have loads of them

Got it for 17.99 in GS - I was talking to the lad behind counter and I asked if he had seen the new trailer and he asked which one!?! I said the one that came out yesterday...the online one and he was like I must check that out! Couldnt believe he didnt know there was a new trailer and the fact he hadnt watched!?! I thought GS had very strict rules on who they hire (as in you must have a good knowledge of gaming and this being probably the biggest most anticipated game ever!!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Got it for 17.99 in GS - I was talking to the lad behind counter and I asked if he had seen the new trailer and he asked which one!?! I said the one that came out yesterday...the online one and he was like I must check that out! Couldnt believe he didnt know there was a new trailer and the fact he hadnt watched!?! I thought GS had very strict rules on who they hire (as in you must have a good knowledge of gaming and this being probably the biggest most anticipated game ever!!)

I don't know how working in a place like that he wasn't talking to his mates in the job about it buuut even for a gamer, their world doesn't revolve around GTA, he might be more busy with other more important things.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement