Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GRAND THEFT AUTO ONLINE

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

What does being a rep entail?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,905 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

What does being a rep entail?

Nothing much, gives you a higher rank in the crew and you can recruit people (looks like you can do that already as Muscle?). The Hierarchy is just for show really so anyone who has interest in Online can be a REP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭splashthecash

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Nothing much, gives you a higher rank in the crew and you can recruit people (looks like you can do that already as Muscle?). The Hierarchy is just for show really so anyone who has interest in Online can be a REP.

Rep me Sheehy..!!

PSN: Casho_81

EDIT - That is Rep, R-E-P....just to clarify ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I wouldn't mind been a rep, Benzino07

Thanks!

Rep me Sheehy..!!

PSN: Casho_81

EDIT - That is Rep, R-E-P....just to clarify ;-)

Glad you clarified that :pac:

done
    Benzino wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind been a rep, Benzino07

Thanks!

done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 870 ✭✭✭pedatron

We have reached 180 members in the Boards-ie crew, would be great to reach 200 before October 1st when Online goes live.

Still promoting members to Reps, whether you joined yesterday or last year, anyone can be a Rep, just let me know your rockstar username.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/boards-ie

rock* username is:pedatron

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Still promoting members to Reps, whether you joined yesterday or last year, anyone can be a Rep, just let me know your rockstar username.

I'll be a rep, why not.

R*: BMaye83

Reps added

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

I think I've accepted the invite and I'm part of Boards-ie crew.

PSN and Rock* user name is okram_13

Looking forward to this. Is there any official release date for the Online content?

Looking forward to this. Is there any official release date for the Online content?

Yupp, you are in now. Yeah, Online goes live 1st October.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

I think it is the 1st of October

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭Dave 101

rep me: dkane80

Dave 101 wrote: »
    rep me: dkane80

Can't find ya, is that your rockstar name?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

add me please
    Rock * username
    macquas2

Thanks

Can't find ya, is that your rockstar name?

***** thats psn its now rockstar aswell try sgain thsnks dkane80

Dave 101 wrote: »
    ***** thats psn its now rockstar aswell try sgain thsnks dkane80

Sent you an invite

Sent you an invite

cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Might aswel be a rep as awel if there sny spots going

Might aswel be a rep as awel if there sny spots going

rockstar username?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

rockstar username?

Sorry haha. Dedijon2

• Advertisement

Sorry haha. Dedijon2

done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Been watching videos etc on this GTA Online and I have to say, I just dont get the fuss over it.

Can anyone on here explain what exactly is different to GTA Online and that of the online in Red Dead or even GTA IV?

From what I have read, it can only hold 16 players and I assume that each time you log in you will be randomly put into a world of 16 random players?

Couldnt you do all this in red dead? If you wanted to play a deathmatch you would would load out of the "free roam" and into that death match?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

joe123 wrote: »
    Been watching videos etc on this GTA Online and I have to say, I just dont get the fuss over it.

Can anyone on here explain what exactly is different to GTA Online and that of the online in Red Dead or even GTA IV?

From what I have read, it can only hold 16 players and I assume that each time you log in you will be randomly put into a world of 16 random players?

Couldnt you do all this in red dead? If you wanted to play a deathmatch you would would load out of the "free roam" and into that death match?

van-der-beek-no-you-didnt.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

You really should have a read of this:

http://m.ie.ign.com/articles/2013/09/04/10-crazy-awesome-things-i-saw-and-did-in-grand-theft-auto-online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

I believe there is no difference between rdronline and gtaonline minus the 500 plus missions, the constantly updated content, the creation tool that will allow us to make our own missions, the future ability of making our own stories, the fact it's present day, the humor and bants that GTA games bring, the size of the map, the options of social activities from golf, tennis and base jumping and more.

The potential idea that rockstar has been pushing of linking liberty city and other gta cities to create a GTA world.
    Besides all that I believe they have the same core basics, but I'm quiet happy to immerse myself within the GTAonline world.

Also it's not 16 random players, it's customizable apparently. First it will try to find games your friends are in, then it will try to find your crew members, then skill level, so as you can see, it's anything but random.

If still think it's the same that's fine, but at least wait for the reviews and you'll understand why it will be awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭splashthecash

tony1980 wrote: »
    van-der-beek-no-you-didnt.gif

I have to say, the quality of gifs in the grand theft auto forum is quite simply excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

I have to say, the quality of gifs in the grand theft auto forum is quite simply excellent

ZoaKT.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

Hanks gif makes me sad gonna watch episode 11 tonight which brings me one step closer to the end :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

I believe there is no difference between rdronline and gtaonline minus the 500 plus missions, the constantly updated content, the creation tool that will allow us to make our own missions, the future ability of making our own stories, the fact it's present day, the humor and bants that GTA games bring, the size of the map, the options of social activities from golf, tennis and base jumping and more.

The potential idea that rockstar has been pushing of linking liberty city and other gta cities to create a GTA world.
    Besides all that I believe they have the same core basics, but I'm quiet happy to immerse myself within the GTAonline world.

Also it's not 16 random players, it's customizable apparently. First it will try to find games your friends are in, then it will try to find your crew members, then skill level, so as you can see, it's anything but random.

If still think it's the same that's fine, but at least wait for the reviews and you'll understand why it will be awesome

Lol thanks for the replies plus the gifs :D

Going to pull a few points from this if you dont mind so I can get a clearer idea of what they are trying to implement.

the 500 plus missions - Sounds great IF the missions arent all the equivalent of go to this point and shoot 30 guys ( as it was for some game types in Red Dead.

the constantly updated content - Again sounds interesting but cant really speculate on what hasnt been announced.

the creation tool that will allow us to make our own missions - No interest in this as I have a feeling it will be spawn point A location Z type stuff.

the future ability of making our own stories - Again, not to sure what to expect from the community on this

the fact it's present day - What?,

the humor and bants that GTA games bring - Again this is a bit frivilous. You can have humour and banter in plenty of games.

The size of the map - Meh Read Dead had a huge map too. If its only filled by 16 people, its basically a free roam mode.

The options of social activities from golf, tennis and base jumping and more - Mini games, sure theyre fun, but what exactly is different from playing a mini game here as to messing around in red dead and what not.

The linking of cities does actually sound good, but so what if they have the core basics? Red Dead had the core basics and that multiplayer got old fast.

So it is random. Its not a dedicated world. Sure you can always join the same sessions as your friends which you could do in GTA IV and Red Dead. Most online games prioritize on skill too.

I just dont see what the huge deal is about. Red Deads multiplayer was bigged up in hype too but it was pretty poor.

You have your open world lobby (Los Santos) with 16 random or not so random people running around. If you want to play a death match you will need to load into a different game. The world isnt consistent.

It sounds grand, I just really dont see what seperates this so much from what they attempted with Red Deads multi player.

• Advertisement

the 500 plus missions - Sounds great IF the missions arent all the equivalent of go to this point and shoot 30 guys ( as it was for some game types in Red Dead.

It's a game that focuses on theft, gangs,drugs and guns. What are you expecting, dancing with a pony? Of course it's going to end wIth shooting 30 guys at the end of it, but it's how and with whom you approach each mission .

You should probably watch and read more GTAv vids and articles to explain the details better.

Luckily I only have to convince myself and not you. :-)

Theres tons to do in gta online but most of all I can't wait to crew up, rob a liquor store, get away from the cops and split the cash......or not.

Theres tons to do in gta online but most of all I can't wait to crew up, rob a liquor store, get away from the cops and split the cash......or not.

I noticed it said the crew leader decides how the loot is split. So will that be you online or offline or the person who is the highest rank in the in-game group

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I noticed it said the crew leader decides how the loot is split. So will that be you online or offline or the person who is the highest rank in the in-game group

The person that grabs the loot gets to split it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I wonder if anyone will actually trust someone else in a robbery.

Personally, I'm considering borrowing from the Dark Knight and sending everyone messages to kill each other so we can split the money before killing them :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I wonder if anyone will actually trust someone else in a robbery.

Personally, I'm considering borrowing from the Dark Knight and sending everyone messages to kill each other so we can split the money before killing them :pac:

You're a lieutenant now. I expect plans that involve a double/triple/quadruple cross.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Like I said before I'm looking forward to being the security in the liquor store, waiting for ye scumbags to rob it

Before a job, you pick your part like, sniper, driver, money man. Not sure how smooth this will work but I think the biggest laughs will come from a double cross.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Before a job, you pick your part like, sniper, driver, money man. Not sure how smooth this will work but I think the biggest laughs will come from a double cross.

Anyone double crosses me and I will forever be putting bounties on their heads and I ain't talking about the delicious coconut filled chocolate bars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

weiland79 wrote: »
    Hanks gif makes me sad gonna watch episode 11 tonight which brings me one step closer to the end :(

Walt kills Walt Junior with a shovel in episode 11, he was just sick of his obsession with breakfast! Enjoy!

Right who is going to be Ocelot

• Advertisement

Bounty's delicious??? Insta demotion :D

Hmm.. I think my R* name is chokeslamcena.. if anyone wants to hire me as a GTA Rep, I'd be happy to do so (so long as it's not commission-only).

I suppose, before I get into that though, i should ask how I join a 'crew' and what is the purpose of one? I've literally not read up on anything since IV :( I assume a 'crew' is a group of people that will associate together (and therefore ultimately end up playing together online a lot as PSN will automatically throw me into games with people i 'know'?)

Hmm.. I think my R* name is chokeslamcena.. if anyone wants to hire me as a GTA Rep, I'd be happy to do so (so long as it's not commission-only).

I suppose, before I get into that though, i should ask how I join a 'crew' and what is the purpose of one? I've literally not read up on anything since IV :( I assume a 'crew' is a group of people that will associate together (and therefore ultimately end up playing together online a lot as PSN will automatically throw me into games with people i 'know'?)

Sent you an invite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭0llieJonCon

I'll be a rep if that's cool. Probably be able to recruit some mates once the online kicks off.

R* name: 0llieJonCon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

mutley18 wrote: »
    Walt kills Walt Junior with a shovel in episode 11, he was just sick of his obsession with breakfast! Enjoy!

God Fvckin dammit you're just like my friend that spoiled the fact that hank is really jessies mom!

Sent you an invite

Ah just got it. Yeah, it's all coming together now...

Mr_Burns_evil.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

tony1980 wrote: »
    Just get a set of home plugs for that, far better than the wireless yoke for the xbox! Something like these would be great!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Netgear-200Mbps-Powerline-Ethernet-Adapter/dp/B007JD6LBS/ref=sr_1_2?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1377812441&sr=1-2&keywords=netgear+homeplugs
    just wanted to say thanks again for this, got it delivered and everything for €35.50 using Parcel Motel.. instead of the €73 Argos wanted for the network adapter :cool:

I also got 12 months Xbox live for €25 so now all I need is the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

REP me! LEGENDEIRE

pls

Made ye reps there. Ye can now recruit people to the crew. Yeah, just an easy way to get a game online with some locals. Playing in a crew gets you more XP so you will level up faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

ru2Janar XBOX360

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement