Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GRAND THEFT AUTO ONLINE

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

pedatron wrote: »
    PS3 or 360 lads? Whats the general consensus? I have both! I'm leaning towards PS3 but have more personal friends on 360? 1st world problems at its best!

1. Which console do you like better?

If that doesnt work...

2. Do you care who you play online against? Real or Internet?

If that doesnt work either....

3. PS3 is free to play online. 360 isnt.

If that also doesnt work....

4. Flip a coin? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

tony1980 wrote: »
    Just get a set of home plugs for that, far better than the wireless yoke for the xbox! Something like these would be great!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Netgear-200Mbps-Powerline-Ethernet-Adapter/dp/B007JD6LBS/ref=sr_1_2?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1377812441&sr=1-2&keywords=netgear+homeplugs

Thanks mate.. I'll check that out.. But do I need a big Ethernet cable for it to work?

CyberWaste wrote: »
    Quick 2 min mockup. something along those lines?

RXZTcES.jpg

BWO_original_original_display_image.jpg?1335701488

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Mc Love wrote: »
    I'm just wondering can you kill the leader? Going to be a fun discussion in work if that happens, eh sheehy83??

How dare you consider such an act of villainy and brutality, one that should be considered treasonous in the great crew of Boards.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Derek! wrote: »
    Thanks mate.. I'll check that out.. But do I need a big Ethernet cable for it to work?

You will need 2 x Ethernet cables - the lengths depend on 1: how far your router is from the first plug and 2: how far your console is from the second plug.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,638 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Mc Love wrote: »
    I'm just wondering can you kill the leader? Going to be a fun discussion in work if that happens, eh sheehy83??

I think this guy needs a pair of concrete boots to teach him some respect:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,901 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So, are there 3 Boards crews at the moment? Boards-ie, boards world order and the irlclan (xbox only)?

Aaron & Blay, I give the order that you too split McLove's share in any heist money we make for 1 week :pac:

I hope you can get that full body armour and mini gun in Online. Also a Pope Mobile would come in handy!

Also, Aaron are you able to recruit people as a Rep?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,502 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Oh yeah? Well, I'm off to create my own crew! With blackjack ... and hookers! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

sheehy83 wrote: »

Yeah, I've been able to send invites for the crew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭naughto

sheehy83 wrote: »
    So, are there 3 Boards crews at the moment? Boards-ie, boards world order and the irlclan (xbox only)?

Aaron & Blay, I give the order that you too split McLove's share in any heist money we make for 1 week :pac:

I hope you can get that full body armour and mini gun in Online. Also a Pope Mobile would come in handy!

is the boards world order crew for the xbox?
    there is no point being a member of a crew if over half have of them are on the playstation and half on the xbox

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Can you join more than one crew? Anybody tried to yet?

Could make things interesting around here if you can :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭0llieJonCon

Can you join more than one crew? Anybody tried to yet?

Could make things interesting around here if you can :D

I remember seeing it somewhere yesterday on Rockstar's page. It said somewhere you could be in more than one crew. I think it's somewhere on their "Introducing Crew Hierarchies" page.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Brian_Zeluz

http://support.rockstargames.com/entries/21400413-Being-a-member-of-multiple-Social-Club-crews

"You can be a member in up to 5 Social Club Crews at the same time. You can be the leader of only one Crew"

So it would seem that at the moment there are three crews being talked about here:

1. The main Boards crew aka BRDS (PS3 and 360)
    2. The rival Boards crew aka BWO (PS3 and 360)
    3. 360 only crew known as irlclan

This then leaves the option open for a PS3 only (and PC only in the future) crew. Since Aaron is on PS3 I vote he sets that up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Has someone setup the boards world order crew yet?

It was Al_Coholics idea so I guess he has first refusal to be the leader or decide who it will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Tinie wrote: »
    Has someone setup the boards world order crew yet?

I set one up there now. Its pretty much the same as the other one, except the "gang" colours are red. The motto is catchy too.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/boards-world-order

If Al_Coholic joins first and I make him commissioner, and I back out pretty sure that will make him leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

I set one up there now. Its pretty much the same as the other one, except the "gang" colours are red. The motto is catchy too.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/boards-world-order

If Al_Coholic joins first and I make him commissioner, and I back out pretty sure that will make him leader.

im fine with just being any kind of member in the crew..someone else can take on the commissioners job.

To be fair, the bWo idea was really Stevie Richards'.
    the "gang" colours are red.

Why I oughta! :mad:

I actually left it before anyone joined to see what would happen to the crew. It just automatically deletes but if you have a commissioner he gets made leader automatically.

It will be good to know this stuff for when we make a move on Sheehy's leadership in November.

I actually left it before anyone joined to see what would happen to the crew. It just automatically deletes but if you have a commissioner he gets made leader automatically.

It will be good to know this stuff for when we make a move on Sheehy's leadership in November.

I actually posted a question in a comment on Rockstar's crew hierarchy page asking if the leader could be changed but didn't get an answer. That's really good to know that it can be changed.

I wonder what happens if there's multiple commissioners, maybe the first person to have been made commissioner gets to be leader?

My plan is to set up a crew with my mates, and then have a few events (deathmatch, race, etc.) every week, and the winner gets to be leader for the week :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Quick question lads that has probably been answered 1,000 times, but will people able to just pop up and kill you?

For example, I could see it getting annoying very quickly if you're trying to do something only for someone else to come out and riddle you with bullets.

Paully D wrote: »
    Quick question lads that has probably been answered 1,000 times, but will people able to just pop up and kill you?

For example, I could see it getting annoying very quickly if you're trying to do something only for someone else to come out and riddle you with bullets.

While you're taking part in a mini game like golf, tennis etc you cannot be shot at or hassled by other players. Same applies to you and some friends taking part in a heist. Also when you're not taking part in these activities you have the option to go into passive mode which means people cannot kill you.

But be warned, when not in passive mode its open season and to my knowledge from following the GTA 5 o'clock series you can get killed and a large portion of your money stolen that you have on your person. Their advice seems to be lodge your money in your account as soon as and only carry what you need.

While you're taking part in a mini game like golf, tennis etc you cannot be shot at or hassled by other players. Same applies to you and some friends taking part in a heist. Also when you're not taking part in these activities you have the option to go into passive mode which means people cannot kill you.

But be warned, when not in passive mode its open season and to my knowledge from following the GTA 5 o'clock series you can get killed and a large portion of your money stolen that you have on your person. Their advice seems to be lodge your money in your account as soon as and only carry what you need.

If we want to head to the bank to make a deposit and are afraid of getting robbed on the way, what's to stop us from just turning on passive mode, heading to the bank, and making our deposit with peace of mind?

I wonder what happens if there's multiple commissioners, maybe the first person to have been made commissioner gets to be leader?

Steel cage match! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

If we want to head to the bank to make a deposit and are afraid of getting robbed on the way, what's to stop us from just turning on passive mode, heading to the bank, and making our deposit with peace of mind?

Exactly what I was thinking.

Guessing you may have to leave the game in order to switch modes. I'm sure someone pointed it out during development.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

weiland79 wrote: »
    I've been playing Max Payne the past few nights and i am terrible at it, this is a bit of a worry as im sure GTA online wont be a million miles from Max

Online is deadly indeed! Fun in the deathmatch's even though I keep getting my ass handed to me on a platter. Dont even have time to loot bodys

A PS3 only crew has been set up for anyone who wants to join and easily find other PSN friends to cause mayhem with online.

Link here: http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/aca_society

We decided to take inspiration from previous GTA games and base our crew around the character of Avery Carrington. The Avery Carrington Appreciation Society upholds his ideals of Extreme Capitalism by any means.

avery9ep.jpg

"Nothing brings down real estate prices like a good old fashioned gang war."

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭iHateManCity

what's UPC like for gaming online? much lag?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

what's UPC like for gaming online? much lag?

Fine for me, I've never had any problems with them , in fact i'm almost always host

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement