Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GRAND THEFT AUTO ONLINE

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

Will it be like an online server as in you can join and leave as you please? Will GTA Online be cross platform?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Yes and no.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

sheehy83 - Top Dog:
    The first of many Rockstar Games Social Club features we'll be introducing for Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online is the all-new Hierarchies system for Social Club Crews - borne directly out of feedback from the Social Club community.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51281/introducing-crew-hierarchies.html

• Registered Users Posts: 14,231 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Yep you can take out insurance on your car in GTAonline so it can be replaced if someone steals it or blows it up or whatever.

I hope they have 100 car insurance companies and you have to ring them all, repeating the same details to get the cheapest quote

• Registered Users Posts: 29,516 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

F1ngers wrote: »

Ah ****e man, way too much responsibility! Apparently, I'll be a high value target, the higher rank you are, the more XP you are worth to be killed and if the leader gets killed, a feud is started :( How the hell am I spose to pick the hierarchy!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,325 ✭✭✭naughto

how many on people are on the ps3 and how many are on he xbox
    can we do a pole or something to see whos on what.

iam on the xbox myself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

naughto wrote: »
    how many on people are on the ps3 and how many are on he xbox
    can we do a pole or something to see whos on what.

iam on the xbox myself

78% of the boards crew are on PS3 and 21% are on Xbox360 and 1% will still be playing GTA4 on PC.

thats not a lot on the xbox would we need to swell the number
    the more we have on the crew the better if you ask me

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

78% of the boards crew are on PS3 and 21% are on Xbox360 and 1% will still be playing GTA4 on PC.
    naughto wrote: »
    thats not a lot on the xbox would we need to swell the number
    the more we have on the crew the better if you ask me

I think there needs to be two crews, one for each console.
    There is also no point in sheehy83 picking a hierarchy on the xboxone - let someone else take that heat.
    sheehy83 wrote: »
    Ah ****e man, way too much responsibility! Apparently, I'll be a high value target, the higher rank you are, the more XP you are worth to be killed and if the leader gets killed, a feud is started How the hell am I spose to pick the hierarchy!!

Also, anyone on the PS3 crew should salute sheehy83 at every opportunity...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Walshey96

Anyone on XBL feel free to add me. Gamertag is WaLsHeY 96

• Advertisement

I would put royal as the leader in the xbox crew he is the true leader of the IRL site that we set up untill we got some gobsh1tes who got power hungry and took over.

iam adding some of the names that are on the previous pages for the xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Xbox myself.

GT - Keno 92

Feel free to add away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I noticed playing max Payne the other night that it tells you if other players from your crew are online even of they're not on your friends list. You can then easily add them. I'm on PSN. I assume its also the case on Xbox.

Alright....

I made CMPUNKED Commish. He has same admin rights I do as he can recruit, kick, promote and demote anyone except me. He is the mod here so been around for a while and he is on xbox so I guess he is king of the xbox crew.

I will keep the Lieutenant rank for high scoring players so will check the crew score after Online goes live.

Since it's just a laugh and I really have no interest in Modding an online crew (just set it up for the laugh) I will make a few people Representatives. If you want it, post it in the Crew Thread with your Rockstar username.

When this gets released on PC, I will make someone another Commish to cover the PC side.

It's not out until October and I don't know how many of the 123 members will be even playing online so won't action it much until then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Alright....

I made CMPUNKED Commish. He has same admin rights I do as he can recruit, kick, promote and demote anyone except me. He is the mod here so been around for a while and he is on xbox so I guess he is king of the xbox crew.

I will keep the Lieutenant rank for high scoring players so will check the crew score after Online goes live.

Since it's just a laugh and I really have no interest in Modding an online crew (just set it up for the laugh) I will make a few people Representatives. If you want it, post it in the Crew Thread with your Rockstar username.

When this gets released on PC, I will make someone another Commish to cover the PC side.

It's not out until October and I don't know how many of the 123 members will be even playing online so won't action it much until then.

WOuldn't think you'd need to worry about that any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

just an idea but could we have 2 boards crews? like a rival gang to take on the main crew sheehy is in command of?

Al_Coholic wrote: »
    just an idea but could we have 2 boards crews? like a rival gang to take on the main crew sheehy is in command of?

That would actually be class. I can't change the name of the crew so ye would have to come up with something else. And people can just leave my crew and join yers. A bit of friendly competition never hurt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

That would actually be class. I can't change the name of the crew so ye would have to come up with something else. And people can just leave my crew and join yers. A bit of friendly competition never hurt.

Draw a line down the middle of Ireland and have an eastside/westside struggle.

filepicker%2FJ1qABdpZTMaG2SEv0Otn_westside_pac.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Al_Coholic wrote: »
    I plan to rise through the ranks of one of the crews....and then betray them for the other

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Xbox Gamertag: BMaye83

Add away, I've added some Xbox people from the last couple of pages.

NWo_Logo.jpg

Anyone handy with Photoshop? Could make a GTA nWo logo! (I just want a GTA: nWo t-shirt, to be honest, but not good enough to make one myself).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

who is going to create the rival crew?i will join the rival crew but i am not keen on being the head of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Anyone handy with Photoshop? Could make a GTA nWo logo! (I just want a GTA: nWo t-shirt, to be honest, but not good enough to make one myself).

Quick 2 min mockup. something along those lines?

RXZTcES.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭tony1980

Derek! wrote: »
    thanks, I never thought of that

Just get a set of home plugs for that, far better than the wireless yoke for the xbox! Something like these would be great!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Netgear-200Mbps-Powerline-Ethernet-Adapter/dp/B007JD6LBS/ref=sr_1_2?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1377812441&sr=1-2&keywords=netgear+homeplugs

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭pedatron

PS3 or 360 lads? Whats the general consensus? I have both! I'm leaning towards PS3 but have more personal friends on 360? 1st world problems at its best!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

pedatron wrote: »
    PS3 or 360 lads? Whats the general consensus? I have both! I'm leaning towards PS3 but have more personal friends on 360? 1st world problems at its best!

Actual friends > Internet friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭pedatron

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Actual friends > Internet friends.

360 it is. Haven't bought a game on 360 since FIFA 12 :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I'm just wondering can you kill the leader? Going to be a fun discussion in work if that happens, eh sheehy83??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement