Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

This is a fine tribute to Colm Murray playing now. A great sports broadcaster.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

RIP. I live not too far from him, and used to see him fairly regularly going for walks about the neighbourhood in the past, always responded to a nod or a wave in a friendly fashion, a true gent.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

MLOD went for a drive with Larry Murphy :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

The father of those kids is "helping the gardai with their inquiries". What kind of sick fúck kills his own kids? If you want to kill yourself, fine, but don't take your kids with you. I simply can't understand that mentality. http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/dad-killed-sons-then-tried-to-take-his-own-life-29458007.html

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Yakuza wrote: »
    The father of those kids is "helping the gardai with their inquiries". What kind of sick fúck kills his own kids? If you want to kill yourself, fine, but don't take your kids with you. I simply can't understand that mentality. http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/dad-killed-sons-then-tried-to-take-his-own-life-29458007.html
    I can't understand why the Gardaí are so intent on looking for information on the movements of the car. Surely they can get the information from the man who was driving it, (whom they have not interviewed yet). What difference will it make which route the car took across the country, the evil deed has been done and the only person who knows for certain how and when and where is the person who did it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

... What kind of sick fúck kills his own kids? ...
    It's a mindset that is beyond our imagination. But it seems to happen from time to time. I find it quite disturbing that a person might live an apparently-normal life for many years, and then some event triggers a response of this type.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

happens alot more than you'd think.

apparently its down to them wanting to save them from a life of horror without them or some such.

last case i remember is a woman that drove the car off a pier with the kids strapped in.

mental, but then again they ARE killing themselves .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Why can't they rename the PK show with Myles The History Show or The Very Boring Show.:mad:

Come back soon Pat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Pat McQuaid is a joke at this stage.. All I could think of when I heard about his latest stunt was Beverly Flynn and Silvio Berlusconi....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Pat McQuaid..... dirt-bag.

• Advertisement

I dont remember him saying anything about "not spending much time in Ireland" when he was looking for their support..???

Good work by Myles here.. Dont think Pat could have done much better..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Wow what a megalomaniac .... I, I, I

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

McQuaid has a chronic case of "because I'm worth it" syndrome :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Good work by Myles here.. Dont think Pat could have done much better..

Myles has come on a ton. Total transformation on his old style. I was thinking the same thing he played a blinder there but it helps he has an avid interest in the sport in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

What's up with the 80's sitcom music? Is Tony Danza his next guest?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

What's up with the 80's sitcom music? Is Tony Danza his next guest?

Myles must be reliving his youth. You can tell almost instinctively that he'd be a Steely Dan fan :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Myles has come on a ton. Total transformation on his old style. I was thinking the same thing he played a blinder there but it helps he has an avid interest in the sport in the first place.
    I agree that Myles did well in dealing with McQuaid but, let's face it, he had an easy target.

I really don't think it was a transformation in style. When he did the drivetime slot some years ago he regularly dealt with unreasonable people in a very understated but effective way. He tends not to interrupt, talk people down, or harangue them. He is quite good at confronting BS artists in a polite manner, and getting them to hang themselves.

Pat McQuaid has just released this photo which will surely satisfy any of those of you who consider his links to Morocco as no more than tenuous..

7Xe66L.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

Pat Kenny goin to Newstalk in September...!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Yep: http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0731/465653-kenny/
    Shocking isn't it!

Will Myles get the gig full time?

Yep: http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0731/465653-kenny/
    Shocking isn't it!

Will Myles get the gig full time?
    Good God, I hope not. Thread name will have to change though:mad:

Roger_007 wrote: »

If Myles gets the gig, the thread will have to be re-titled "History Today":D

(..mind you, I'd still prefer him to Tubs any day :)) )

Has anyone (Paddy Power, etc.) opened a book on who'll be replacing PK?

Pat Kenny goin to Newstalk in September...!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Any hope he'd take MLO'D with him :)

europa11 wrote: »

Instead of asking, I should have known better, of course they have :)

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/novelty-betting/current-affairs/rte-specials

Myles at 20/1 in the same bracket as Joe Duffy and Mooney............bit harsh on Myles imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

If Myles gets the gig, the thread will have to be re-titled "History Today":D

(..mind you, I'd still prefer him to Tubs any day :)) )

Yeah, Paddy Power were quick off the mark ...

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/novelty-betting/current-affairs/rte-specials

Eamon Dunphy 80/1 ? I've seen worse odds ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭serfboard

I don't see why ... leave it with the same name for discussion of Pat's show on Newstalk and open up a new thread for whoever comes on RTE on the 10-12 slot.

Whoever gets that slot on RTE wil be handed a poison chalice......(or in RTE speak "a challenge")

Pat will take to the air between 10am-12:30pm on Newstalk.

Whoever gets that slot on RTE wil be handed a poison chalice......(or in RTE speak "a challenge")

Pat will take to the air between 10am-12:30pm on Newstalk.
    It doesn't matter who takes over, there will be nobody listening. Pat will take his listeners with him. Bad move by RTE not to agree a new contract. Pat was the only 'big-name' broadcaster in RTE who was actually worth what they were paying him.

• Advertisement

It doesn't matter who takes over, there will be nobody listening. Pat will take his listeners with him. Bad move by RTE not to agree a new contract. Pat was the only 'big-name' broadcaster in RTE who was actually worth what they were paying him.

I agree he really is by far the best politics & current affairs broadcaster RTE has. However he has been 41 years with them so not to be ageist but the end was nigh before too long anyway. I presume he was after a hefty salary increase to make up the shortfall after the Tiger years and I think RTE were right to let him off, not that they had a choice really - they simply don't have the money!
    Now as long as some bright spark doesn't decide to saddle us with Mammy O'Rourke - & I bet she wouldn't have to be asked twice!:mad:
    Ivan Yates wouldn't be bad & he could probably use the money but I'd like to see Keelan Shanley in the 10-12 spot but they will probably go with the golden girl Miriam & we'll have plenty of ABOLUTELY and sweetness and so touchings.
    OMG where is Newstalk on the dial anyway?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement