Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

The Friday gathering has somehow evolved in to a celebrity journalist stand-up competition ... "We didnt know whether it was a smoking gun or an electric cigarette".. It's the way he tells them..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Jesus lads , did we just get a pat kenny show with no diddle eye eyy music ?

shurley the end is nigh !

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

Jesus lads , did we just get a pat kenny show with no diddle eye eyy music ?

shurley the end is nigh !

Ah here, leave it out! Don't knock the Trad/Accoustic/Americana/Folk or whetever you're having yourself live music that gets aired on Pat's show.
    I (for one) think we should have MORE.
    Whad'ya want, Spin 102 stuff??
    Anyway, Myley is back from Monday until September so there's your break!:o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

So how long is Pat gone on holidays for this time?

So how long is Pat gone on holidays for this time?
    5 weeks:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

5 weeks!!! What the hell??? Does he think he's a TD?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Five ****ing weeks.

Charles Stewart Parnell is todays History Slot.

Roll on 2nd September!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭endas donkey

and today we have Fine Gael the greatest political party in the world. What utter tripe

how in the name of christ can a court order you to pay 1.9million, you not paying it result in that lads that took the court case coming after you again, result in our media thinking you "ended the year strengthened " ?

this is blatant propaganda !

fecking sick bag time there, someone must be worried about their wage packet to come out with that drivel

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

"What is a fjord"? Myles Dungan has the ability to make Matt Cooper sound like a raging intellectual with his opening questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭touts

Travel segment on Norway.

Any bets on how long Myles will take to turn it into a slot on Vikings he can edit to use on the "live" History show in a few months.

Update: to be fair to him he never mentioned the V word. Pat must have had a chat to him.

Update2: Spoke too soon. The links between Charles Stuart Parnell AND President Kennedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭touts

€9.50 for a pint.
    €30 for a single course basic meal.
    Curfew in the hotels. "Go to bed now"
    Cheapest way to stay there is in a tent in the middle of nowhere.
    No sense of customer service.

I'd say the Norwegan embassy are having a fit at this review.

oh. sweet. jesus.

losing the will to live here.

its off to youtube for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,027 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

more Kennedy:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

"Mobile Criminals"

Say no more, say no more, nudge, nudge, wink wink.

OB-CB629_wink_8_20080815125938.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

touts wrote: »
    €9.50 for a pint.
    €30 for a single course basic meal.
    Curfew in the hotels. "Go to bed now"
    Cheapest way to stay there is in a tent in the middle of nowhere.
    No sense of customer service.

I'd say the Norwegan embassy are having a fit at this review.

Doubt they'd be having seizures at all at the embassy. Norweigans tend not to give a toss what the rest of the world thinks of them. Thats something I actually admire about them. Unlike the Irish, they aren't preoccupied with wanting the rest of the world to love them.

But then, (and again unlike us), Norway can afford not to care. They're loaded.

From my own experiences with Norway, everything Pól said in his chat with Myles this morning rings true, (apart from the hotel curfew).

The cost of everything in Norway really takes the good out of visiting the country for me despite the beauty of the place.

Thankfully I didn't encounter any hotel curfews there, which is just as well considering it was still broad daylight out at 2am.

in fairness though lap.

its nice to know theres somewhere on the planet more expensive than here !

:D

i bet theres many in temple bar only chomping a the bit to charge 9.50 a pint.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Norway did the right thing when it came to their oil and gas resources, and didn't give it away for a song:

An interesting video, from 2:44 is quite pertinent.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

its nice to know theres somewhere on the planet more expensive than here !
    Norway is in a class of its own among places I have visited. But I think all the Nordic countries have very high prices. I found both Stockholm and Copenhagen to be far more pricey than Dublin as tourism destinations (I can't comment on the general cost of living, because that's not something one really learns about on a short visit).

• Advertisement

went to helsinki and copenhagen myself about 2 years back and TBH its not much different than dublin price wise.

hell some of the smaller pubs in denmark were cheaper than temple bar.

couldnt eat a fecking thing in finland though, bloody food didnt like me at all.

copenhagen was one of the few places outside ireland ive been to where i could get a decent fry.

I was fair shocked to hear that... Dont think I can take 5 weeks of history man and all his self indulgent analogies references to famous historical characters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭armchair fusilier

Dont think I can take 5 weeks of history man and all his self indulgent analogies references to famous historical characters.

Well, there's always Ray D'Arcy...Tubs/Hayes...Tom Dunne. I think I'll stick with Myles.

Michael MacDowall in batting for the Seanad.. That should help drive the last few nails in to it's coffin..

It's a bit hard listening to a member of the legal profession talking about lack of reform in the Dáil.. Surely he works in THE most intransigent old boys club in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I wish somebody would tell McDowell to feck off for good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I wish somebody would tell McDowell to feck off for good.
    I thought we did...

"There's a fascinating piece on Seanad reform in the 1940s"...

Now Myles, you can fk off with sort of nonsense.. That stuff is ONLY of interest to you (and Elaine Byrne apparently)

Just on the wire now people, Colm Murray has passed away.. :-(
    RIP Colm..

http://balls.ie/main-story/brilliant-rte-broadcaster-colm-murray-has-passed-away-aged-61/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Just on the wire now people, Colm Murray has passed away.. :-(
    RIP Colm..

http://balls.ie/main-story/brilliant-rte-broadcaster-colm-murray-has-passed-away-aged-61/
    RIP.
    I grew up listening to his dulcet tones on the news and sports reports.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement