Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

This is true but wouldn't Mayo day the same though? There comes a point where you just take what your given. That's not being a wind upper. Not everyone can win. And in these years even when cork were mighty even if they had Paidi o se with an Alex ferguson watch they still might not have win any all Ireland. Maybe there is always someone better.

I don't think a change of manager would make a massive change.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Neeson wrote: »

I would strongly disagree tbh

Donegal didn't look like AI contenders before Jim McGuinness came along, with a system, got his team in the right frame of mind to buy into his system and work hard and implement it. They did and they won an All Ireland.

Same can be said for Dublin in 2010, they were always the nearly men, full of running but not quite cute enough, they were a different animal then and even now under Gavin they've improved further due to the tactics he's employing.

Counihan has a very strong squad at his disposal, but what has been the undoing of Cork, isn't their ability to kick scores, or take goals, or fitness - it's been what they've done with the ball. Anytime Cork have lost it seems to either be the wrong team is on the field for the opponents being faced or Cork running down blind alleys because they simply can't break down the opposition - Tactics have been their downfall

There's a fantastic crop of players there, now, maybe this is the Kerryman but I think they can be slightly overrated, but there's no doubt that if you have some talent, hard work and a tactically astute backroom you can win All Irelands.

Cork are missing the final piece of that puzzle. Even if they get it, they still might not win AIs but it'd certainly put them in a stronger position imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Thinkstoomuch

D'Agger wrote: »
    I would strongly disagree tbh

Donegal didn't look like AI contenders before Jim McGuinness came along, with a system, got his team in the right frame of mind to buy into his system and work hard and implement it. They did and they won an All Ireland.

Same can be said for Dublin in 2010, they were always the nearly men, full of running but not quite cute enough, they were a different animal then and even now under Gavin they've improved further due to the tactics he's employing.

Counihan has a very strong squad at his disposal, but what has been the undoing of Cork, isn't their ability to kick scores, or take goals, or fitness - it's been what they've done with the ball. Anytime Cork have lost it seems to either be the wrong team is on the field for the opponents being faced or Cork running down blind alleys because they simply can't break down the opposition - Tactics have been their downfall

There's a fantastic crop of players there, now, maybe this is the Kerryman but I think they can be slightly overrated, but there's no doubt that if you have some talent, hard work and a tactically astute backroom you can win All Irelands.

Cork are missing the final piece of that puzzle. Even if they get it, they still might not win AIs but it'd certainly put them in a stronger position imo

Absoultey well said.

Donegal are a superb team,but no way the best man for man players in the game.They play as a team,rather than Cork have to rely on individual brillance,with ten minutes to go.

Four or 5,at most,but they play to a super system,run like Clock work,where the best is got from them.

He has only two really scoring forwards,but he uses them to the maxium ability.

He has no where near the talent Cork have.It is being proven so far,that teams know how to beat Donegal now.I doubt they can play another style.

It is a fair point to say Cork could be overated, and their is no gurantee we would win the all ireland,we are not as strong regards strength in depth of our panel,but they certainly have players as good as Monaghan,tyroyne,donegal,cavan etc.

But all those teams play to a system and know how to play it.

Whats Cork style?
    Play basketball for 60 minutes,then play direct football for ten minutes.

Cork are certainly not as bad as this.They are similar to the Irish Rubgy this year,a team clearly devoid of new ideas,a new energy and more due to the character of the players,they win the odd game despite their manager.

Ireland at least have a new man.
    Cork are stuck with this Genius til next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭beeroclock

CC aside, do we have a chance against the dubs? Hard to see the dubs folding like previous years so I dont personally think we have a chance to be honest, but we live in hope!

Neeson wrote: »
    This is true but wouldn't Mayo day the same though? There comes a point where you just take what your given. That's not being a wind upper. Not everyone can win. And in these years even when cork were mighty even if they had Paidi o se with an Alex ferguson watch they still might not have win any all Ireland. Maybe there is always someone better.

Take what your given,rubbish talk,complete and utter rubbish,with all due respect.If Moyles does not be a success at Man U,they will sack him.

They wont take it as what their given.They will change,what they have.

You would get a job with the CCB,we have no right to win all irelands every year.Other teams, can win the all ireland,but we accept,we may not be that team.

With that attuide,how can you ever expect to win.Cork must accept,they are better than that.

• Advertisement

beeroclock wrote: »
    CC aside, do we have a chance against the dubs? Hard to see the dubs folding like previous years so I dont personally think we have a chance to be honest, but we live in hope!

Gavin won't allow Dublin self destruct.Team named Wednesday.It will tell how much we will be beaten by.

I heard today,kissane set to start on Kilkenny.

Gavin won't allow Dublin self destruct.Team named Wednesday.It will tell how much we will be beaten by.

I heard today,kissane set to start on Kilkenny.

Aye. We probably will need (and get) a hiding for CC to finally go so long term the dubs might do us a favor

Aye. We probably will need (and get) a hiding for CC to finally go so long term the dubs might do us a favor

Yeah believe that,CC will go or be sacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭davegrohl48

Yeah believe that,CC will go or be sacked.
    Kelly unsure of his place I find that crazy Think he is maybe the best half forward in the game and a top level in terms of athleticism You just know he was probably 400/800 competitive likely in schools athletics looks like hes cruising even at a fast pace

Kelly unsure of his place I find that crazy Think he is maybe the best half forward in the game and a top level in terms of athleticism You just know he was probably 400/800 competitive likely in schools athletics looks like hes cruising even at a fast pace

How can you sure look whos in charge ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,481 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Just back from a wedding in time for the hurling.
    Lucky to win yesterday, but I'll take it. Counihan - yet again - lost in the fúking fog - he hasn't a clue and he is detrimental to cork football but will be around again next year - JOKE !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Take what your given,rubbish talk,complete and utter rubbish,with all due respect.If Moyles does not be a success at Man U,they will sack him.

They wont take it as what their given.They will change,what they have.

True but that's professional stuff. Maybe the expectations on the players are too high. Maybe they are inconsistent. You can talk about donegal but who is to say a new manager will make a big difference. I dont think another Jim McGuinness is going to roll in the door to any team nevernind cork. It's up to the players to play.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,481 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

HT Cork 0-11 v 0-06 kk

Story of the first half...Cork have been SUPER!!!!!! They rattled kk from the 1st min
    Kearney and Horgan have been outstanding.
    Cherry on top....Henry sent off for 2 yellows - both justified!

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    HT Cork 0-11 v 0-06 kk

Story of the first half...Cork have been SUPER!!!!!! They rattled kk from the 1st min
    Kearney and Horgan have been outstanding.
    Cherry on top....Henry sent off for 2 yellows - both justified!

This

Thought KK would out bustled out muscle but the opposite happened

Justified you say ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Absolutley delighted!!!!!!! Rebels Abu!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

.E_C_K_S. wrote: »
    Absolutley delighted!!!!!!! Rebels Abu!!!!!!

Is this a dream?

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ted2767

Corcaigh abu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Amprodude wrote: »
    Is this a dream?

The heart attacks I was getting throughout the game felt very real anyways!

Hard to believe Cody has never beaten JBM in championship.

Get The Fúck In There...the cats are licked!!!!!

• Advertisement

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Get The Fúck In There...the cats are licked!!!!!

Great day for Cork hurling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Well done Cork, great match great win.

As JBM says Cork teams are like mushrooms they can come up overnight

Tis been a satisfying Sunday to say the least

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭megapixel

I'm from Galway and i'm so delighted for ye.

Amprodude wrote: »
    Hard to believe Cody has never beaten JBM in championship.

Stuff dreams..i said here a week ago.

On the banks of own lovely lee..,
    You ****ing beauty JBM and Cork.

Cant believe it.I said that great champions win when you expect them to loose,and loose when uexpect them to win.

That waynmy hope.I never tgt we wd have enough.We were superb.

No matter what happens,JBM has done a miracle,so many injuries,no bench bar few,and a lot suffering from the U21 shambles,all the same what a difference a top class managment team makes.

The single diff with,the footballers.

Nash unreal,what agilgty,athletcisim,like a gymnast.

Harnedy in line foran alstar.Never gave up,relished the tough stuff,and even hogan couldnt dominate him.

He has been the find of the season.I said he be fine,he was more than fine.Balls of steel,heart of a lion.

Horgan your biggest critic,you were immense,you have turned a corner.Led by example.

Shane o neill unreal,man of the match,and half fit.Superb today.

Mcdonnell solid,fair play.
    Joyce was superb.I said he would be a top CB.Today,he was like a young Cocoran.This guy is the future.

Kearney superb.Every cork player ,put their body on the line.

Dublin be tough,but beatable.But i want limerick.Galway win today,an open draw.

I want limerick again.Unfinished business.They do not want us again.

As even KK proved,it is impossible to win with 14 men.

Superb display from cork,backs to the wall stuff.
    I dont believe in moral victorys,but where we came from,as good as an all ireland win today.

Irish by birth,Cork by the Grace of God.

Thank you Lord.

As JBM says Cork teams are like mushrooms they can come up overnight

Tis been a satisfying Sunday to say the least
    Dont spoil the day with that bull me old mate.

JBM said many a time,he doesnt believe in that rubbish.

Dont spoil the day with that bull me old mate.

JBM said many a time,he doesnt believe in that rubbish.

Bull? Rubbish? Calm down boy

I would have loved to seen all the Cork fans running out on the field when final whistle blew like Limerick last week in gaelic grounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Jamie Cal

So proud lads, so proud. I knew we were the only team to stand up to the Cats in the all-Ireland we did. Best win in years & years.

• Advertisement

Jamie Cal wrote: »
    So proud lads, so proud. I knew we were the only team to stand up to the Cats in the all-Ireland we did. Best win in years & years.

Best Cork win since the All Ireland final 2005.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement